Gillett interview on a local radio station

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby King Carra » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:02 pm

I think people are getting a bit too paranoid over all this. When all the fuss has come out it's been over Hicks and not Gillet! He's kept his mouth shut and the comments he's made in this interview (which was originally nothing to do with LFC btw) match what he's done over the past 6 months or so.
King Carra

Postby redhayesy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:42 pm

sorry mate but i don"t agree with you. they are as bad as each other!!
paranoiar has nothing to do with it- the way both of the scum bags have behaved
is an insult to the fans, & everyone connected with the club.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:54 pm

redhayesy wrote:sorry mate but i don"t agree with you. they are as bad as each other!!
paranoiar has nothing to do with it- the way both of the scum bags have behaved
is an insult to the fans, & everyone connected with the club.

Yes, but Hicks is 19 times worse.  :D
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:15 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Don't be falling for Gilletts mr nice guy act , he is as culpable as the other tw@t . Oh please liverpool fans it wasn't my idea to approach klinnsman in my house it was all big bad tom's fault . He's a bully and he made me get the club into so much debt and he made me break my promises to the fans. Gillett is a snide c'nt who was exposed by his loudmouth texan friend . DON'T FALL FOR HIS PR. :angry:

:nod
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Don't be falling for Gilletts mr nice guy act , he is as culpable as the other tw@t . Oh please liverpool fans it wasn't my idea to approach klinnsman in my house it was all big bad tom's fault . He's a bully and he made me get the club into so much debt and he made me break my promises to the fans. Gillett is a snide c'nt who was exposed by his loudmouth texan friend . DON'T FALL FOR HIS PR. :angry:

Spot on Igor lad couldnt have put it better myself, convenient that he makes a statement regardin the other fella and then says hes coming the Arsenal game :laugh: All this time we thought he was under ciggys patio not a :censored: word from him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Ciggy wrote:I only said I was going to chop him and his wife up in little pieces and feed them to wild pigs   :p

:laugh:  :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:12 pm

death threats might be going abit to far and i very much doubt anybody would carry them out but they have to understand the passion that some fans have for this club, infact most clubs over here, also lets not go down the road that gillett is some kind of hero for not selling out to hicks, both these guys tried to take this club for a ride and its bitten them on the :censored: big time.

this is the exit strategy he talked about in which its now about the blame game and saving face.

good to see his voice is finally working after all this time.  :no
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:21 pm

infact we should celebrate and change the words to this classic

follow me please

change the word witch to deal
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby TwelthMan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:23 pm

heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Good info that , Looks like that 90 day buyout period for Hicks has expired, Still a bit wary of him though this interview being done before he comes to the Arsenal game paving the way nicely for him not to take any stick. 

At least hes said hes not going to sell to Hicks and im made up with that.
Looks like it could just be a matter of time now before there off

Well apart for the death threats which twelth man is all for, fecking disgraceful , twelth man you are a cowardly scumbag!! Can the mods ban this pr1ck please?

Lol you seem to choose how to intepret what i say - that says more about your imagination than about me. Get a grip or see a doc! I do not support death threats per se.... i just like a little horseplay  :;):
TwelthMan

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:30 pm

I wonder how long it will be before the other Bas.tard comes out with a reply to that interview.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:36 pm

NANNY RED wrote:I wonder how long it will be before the other Bas.tard comes out with a reply to that interview.

its being written as i write this, something along the lines that gillett is a C*** and he made me do it, honest
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:58 pm

Absolutly crackin read from a lad off Rawk makes some very interesting points

Gyko21  posted this on there

If this has already been mentioned then apologies, but here's the latest information that I have. 

1. Hicks DOES have a margin call on his loans.  However, he sees LFC as an undervalued trophy brand with which to use as collateral.  In other words he's trying his darndest to resist selling LFC and is hanging on like grim death. 

2. JP Morgan, DIC and Gillett are in close contact ... and are confident that Hicks will be forced out. 

Now, for my 2-penneth worth ... I think Hicks has now been completely exposed.  Gillett's interview is withering in that he's basically said Hicks is all mouth and no trousers.  With this highly strategic interview, he has made it very difficult for Hicks to stay, and my own opinion is that Gillett and DIC were canny enough to know that Hicks would never be able to buy him out in the first place when the deal was on the table.  And that's why he was so patient about the whole thing.  Obviously as the fans made their feelings known and the time ran out, then that option became untenable. 

The veto was "threatened" by Hicks but GG's tone was pretty dismissive of it.  Most sane people don't want to spend their time and money in court and that's probably why DIC haven't bought yet from Hicks.  However, there's a further point.  DIC goaded Hicks, in my opinion quite deliberately, while knowing about the margin call.  What I'm saying is that I don't believe the 49% offer was ever a goer.  I think it's been done to put Hicks in a very weak position if it did have to go to court. 

Gillett's language speaks highly of DIC ... again it's legal posturing - Hicks has no sound reason to reject them as partners and that's how GG is squaring up to this.  Dubai has the track record in sports and the money to repeat it here. 

So with weeks of highly strategic maneuverings no court would prevent Gillett selling to DIC, particularly when (a) Hicks had a long window of opportunity to buy out Gillett and (b) Gillett has been receiving death-threats if he sells to Hicks, who has been exposed as reckless, dishonest and unworthy. 

Finally, the last thing that Gillett said is that he'd do what was necessary "We're going to try everything we can to provide that (ie make things better for the fans) IN WHATEVER ROLE WE PLAY". 

This is the bit that really stands out for me.  That role he and his family will play is probably going to be that of chief executioner to Hicks - that's my interpretation of what he's said.  Sure, he may buy Hicks out as a temporary measure, but he's been very candid here.  He's said it's a balls up and that DIC would be very responsible owners. 

Now he's piling on all the pressure on Hicks whilst shutting the door on any options Hicks has left.  Because when DIC own 50% of the club, Hicks will be forced out when the club refuses (by Board approval) to pay his interest charges.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:12 am

I listened to the same sports talk program tonight--the one that interviewed Gillett last night.  They had a little discussion about the situation.  Now, bear in mind these are Canadian sports pundits who don't have a clue about "soccer."  What they do have, however, is a decent sense of Gillett's record as owner of the Montreal Canadiens.  They're feeling was that Gillett is a fairly straight-shooter who genuinely cares about the fans.  He tends to come in making all the right noises and then quietly fades into the background and lets the club get on with things.  That's how he's done it with the Canadiens and he's really turned that club around.  And, that's obviously how he hoped to do it at Liverpool.  Unfortunately, Hicks bolloxed everything up by running his mouth in the press every other week. 

This is not to say that he hasn't made mistakes, such as talking to Klinsmann.  However, as Big Mick has suggested, these kind of backroom approaches surely happen quite frequently in the sport and, by themselves, don't amount to much in the way of harm.  What Gillett did not do is discuss that meeting in the press like his pard'ner did.  That's the huge difference.  Gillett is also guilty of not properly sizing Hicks up before investing with him.  I'm sure that he'd do everything very differently if he had a chance to do it all over again.  It would seem that Gillett is definitely the lesser of two evils and is now motivated to ensure that Hicks won't take majority control of the club.  I, for one, wish him well.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:56 am

TwelthMan wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:I'm all for protesting, I just don't think it should be personal. Jesse seems very similar to simon because (Barry Belfast). Can the mods ban his IP?

Ever heard of letting others voice their opinion even if u dont like it? I am not advocating violence. Just have strong opinion about Hicks. Good day to you...check your bed...  :D

And i'm not simon or barry.

I didn't say that I don't have a problem with people voicing opinions, I just think that the opinions should be reasonable, constructive and threats should not be made against a person's family.

Is that so wrong?

Or do you think a low blow of threatening a man's family is acceptable?

Did you change your name from Jesse to Twelthman?

It was more the references proposing that Liverpool hire Danny Allsopp and Archie Thompson on threads in which I am active which is similar to the rubbish Barry Belfast and other aliases have been having a go at me about.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:59 am

TwelthMan wrote:
heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Good info that , Looks like that 90 day buyout period for Hicks has expired, Still a bit wary of him though this interview being done before he comes to the Arsenal game paving the way nicely for him not to take any stick. 

At least hes said hes not going to sell to Hicks and im made up with that.
Looks like it could just be a matter of time now before there off

Well apart for the death threats which twelth man is all for, fecking disgraceful , twelth man you are a cowardly scumbag!! Can the mods ban this pr1ck please?

Lol you seem to choose how to intepret what i say - that says more about your imagination than about me. Get a grip or see a doc! I do not support death threats per se.... i just like a little horseplay  :;):

Threatening a mans family about a subject many are passionate about is horseplay? You need you head checked.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion