Gerrards gone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:46 am

JBG wrote:I still stick to everything I have said in my earlier post and the news today is another twist in the tail of this ridiculous pantomine.

Its a very good, and a very bad day for Liverpool.

Gerrard owes EVERYBODY big time next season, and i think he's a closet gay.

a bit harsh jbg  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:46 am

JBG nobody should feel guilty about the way they have felt Gerrard has put us through hell in the last two seasons and i hope this circus never happens again.

If he wants to be a legend you don't taint that with dishonesty, The club might yet regret not letting him go after all of this but i hope the other lads can hold their heads up high and show character and team unity to not let this whole who's the main man issue distroy the heart of the club.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:55 am

I'm glad he's staying but he has to earn his respect back. possibly a few goals against TNS? :D  :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:08 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:
JBG wrote:I still stick to everything I have said in my earlier post and the news today is another twist in the tail of this ridiculous pantomine.

Its a very good, and a very bad day for Liverpool.

Gerrard owes EVERYBODY big time next season, and i think he's a closet gay.

a bit harsh jbg  :laugh:

Judge, you really need to control yourself.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby DAV » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:09 am

Gerrard has ambition, some supports question that
Some question is loyalty
some think he owes us big time
I believe if he had gone he'd have owed us nothing, and now he's staying he has nothing to prove to us.
We havent been a force 4 years
The 2nd half of the european cup final showed us that.
He was a key reason it all turned around.
Would we be better of without him (NO)
Why not question some of the average to poor players we have.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:34 am

DAV wrote:Gerrard has ambition, some supports question that
Some question is loyalty
some think he owes us big time
I believe if he had gone he'd have owed us nothing, and now he's staying he has nothing to prove to us.
We havent been a force 4 years
The 2nd half of the european cup final showed us that.
He was a key reason it all turned around.
Would we be better of without him (NO)
Why not question some of the average to poor players we have.

Ok... he has ambition....so what?  If Liverpool had no ambition, then I'd agree with him leaving.  But we do have ambition, and one of the best managers in Europe.

Yes, we haven't won the premiership - but look at what we have won in the last 5 years - League Cup (2) , FA Cup, UEFA Cup, European Super Cup, and of course the Champions League.

The second half in Istanbul actually show me what Liverpool FC is capable of when we play as a team.  It showed me that we ARE capable of being a force in Europe, when our players give 100%

And yes I do question his loyalty.  He is meant to be our captain.  He is meant to give more on the pitch that any other team member.  He is meant to lead by example, to motivate, and to encourage the players who are not as good as him, to give more.  He is not meant to question our ability to win, the day before crucial matches.  He is not meant to throw his head up and behave like a spoilt child when things go wrong.  He is not meant to hold the club to ransom.

He owes us an explanation for destablising the team for 2 summers in a row.  He owes us a public commitment to honouring his contract, and any new one he signs.  He owes us a public statement of his commitment to the club, whenever rumours surface.  He owes us performances on the pitch worthy of our support, and worthy of his captaincy.

Would we be better without him - I hope we don't have to find out.  But statistics suggest that last year we performed better without him.  But then again, he wasn't giving his all to the club.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:38 am

hawky, i'm impressed. so much writing, did you do all that?? :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion