Gerrard's ego - An honest opinion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:53 pm

Transfer issue aside, Your post also blames Gerrard Heskey and Owen for our defeat v the french ?. Gerrards pass was a shocker,every player will at some time make one but in a game of this importance it is inexcusable .However Heskey did no more than give away a free kick,hardly his fault if we didn't bother to put a man on the far post to assist James and as for Owen ? he didn't get a decent ball the entire night what do you expect ? he was told to push up and stay there which he did.Finally there is also the issue of a missed penalty which if scored would probably have wrapped the game up for us.By all means have a go at Gerrard for what you percieve as a poor attitude but don't use him Mikey and Heskey as scapegoats to support your argument.

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:03 pm

Why did Heskey give away a pointless free kick to the best player in the world in the last minute in a dangerous position.

It is not like he made a tackle which was a foul, he made stupid chest high kick from behind on a player that was covered by two England players.

I think he lost posession for Frances break that lead to Gerrard's backpass too.

Add that to the fact that he continued to fall on his ****** everytime he got the ball, never held the ball up, never looked like scoring and I think it is fair enough to say Heskey had an average (by his standards) game.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:06 pm

Big Naill if Heskey was sitting at home watching the game on the telly you'd still blame him.:p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:10 pm

woof woof, i merely said that gerrard and heskey were ARGUABLY most responsible for our defeat. i personally blame the whole team for their negativity. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:14 pm

You did but in singling them out by name you made them scapegoats (imo) . Other than that your post made some valid points. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jack66 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:29 pm

agree with your post 100% stmichael.
jack66

Postby edwardo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:25 am

stmichael,      agree with you 100%, remember, SG had alot of baggage, injury problems etc and he points at GH being his personal mentor through those times, now GH has gone he spits his dummy out, GH was LFC through and through and acted accordingly and made him the player he has become (yet still far from his potential), Stevie should take a leaf from his book, accept the change and challenge and grow up, he belongs at LFC and will achieve success far sooner than at any other club (regardless of the money offerred) and if the money is all he wants then he can fri5 off nowfor me! to request a transfer (if true) whilst on England duty in Portugal is not worth thinking about, I think Benitez will sort him one way o.r the other
edwardo

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:38 am

Benitez has one season as far as im concerned.Who the fu.ck is this bloke and how did he get Martin O`Neills job?

ONE SEASON.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:40 am

Er, yeh, that's fair, Houllier got two years longer than he should have done and bored us all to tears. Give the fella a chance...
robbohuyton

Postby edwardo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:58 am

greenred,
are you sha55ing Martin 'O' Neil or what, he's a born Celtic fan and won nowt worth recognising, give Benitez a chance, he has more credentials for the job!
edwardo

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:08 am

I really feel O`Neill is our man.I give that spanish bloke one season.Why does he deserve any more? He knows fu.ck all about english football apart from his week at Old Trafford.

BENITEZ OUT NOW :D  :D  :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:10 am

ONE SEASON.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby edwardo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:11 am

lol:D
edwardo

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:11 am

Kinell lad, let it lie. Forget the speccy Irish bloke and embrace the Spanish Houllier look-a-like.
Celtic are not an attractive team to watch, Valencia are.
How much did you have on O'Neill (or is it your dad) to p*ss you off so much?
robbohuyton

Postby begintoend » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:52 am

We have a weak management before. That's when you see SG and MO f***ing bit3h.
Now that Beni comes in, SG and MO will give this guy some respect.
AT Valencia, he talks/guide/mould the team, not individuals. GH did it the other way.
Thats when you see player power.
If there's any player who thinks he is bigger than the club, put him on transfer! :cool:
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion