To be honest... - I'm starting to get a little bit worried

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 pm

heimdall wrote:Allardyce might actually have a point, I still don't think Rafa gets the Premiership, an example is not fielding your best team against Pompey who everybody, except Rafa, knows is bloody hard to beat on their own ground. Don't get me wrong Rafa is a very very good manager but I think he is way to stubborn for his own good, maybe he needs an assistant who understands the English game. What happened to the rumour about Jewel coming in as assistant coach, that would be ideal.

So how does a manager who doesn't understand the English game finish with the highest point tally we've had in years since our last league title?

Have we won the title or have we been close? No we haven't but to say that our finishes have been poor and that only Europe has saved him is stupid.

The really poor finish we've had under Benitez was when we finished 5th.

What a f#cking ridiculous comment made by yourself and the Fat :censored: that just lost to Derby, who supposedly understands the English game.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:18 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:It's impossible to play your strongest XI every game, week in and week out. It's never going to happen. Name me a manager in recent years that has not rotated and played the same line up for every game.

Wholeheartedly agree, so an idea would be...play your best 11 in the potentially trickier games, then rest them if needed in the easier ones.
Birmingham (home)
Wigan (away)

They would of provided the opportunity to rest them....and by then hopefuly the 3 points would of been in the bag meaning we were starting to put further pressure on united and chelsea who imo will be our closest  rivals for the title.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:25 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:It's impossible to play your strongest XI every game, week in and week out. It's never going to happen. Name me a manager in recent years that has not rotated and played the same line up for every game.

Wholeheartedly agree, so an idea would be...play your best 11 in the potentially trickier games, then rest them if needed in the easier ones.
Birmingham (home)
Wigan (away)

They would of provided the opportunity to rest them....and by then hopefuly the 3 points would of been in the bag meaning we were starting to put further pressure on united and chelsea who imo will be our closest  rivals for the title.

I think Arsenal will be the dark horses this year. I really do. Nobody is giving them much credit for their fantastic start to the season and I had a feeling they would have such a start in the summer.

Too many have dismissed them after Henry left.

I think they're more than capable, but the question is do they have enough cover in their squad if they get any injuries?
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:56 pm

Arsenal have started well, but havent really had a game where i would expect them to get beat - possibly Blackburn away. They always get decent results against spurs (who have started badly as well)
I think Arsenal look great but still think that there will be games that they can be bullied out of in midfield, we'll have to wait and see, but i think they will end up fourth and by at least 10 points at the end of the season.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:15 pm

I've yet to see anyone criticize the XI on Saturday regarding the performance. All of the criticism seems to be going directly towards Benitez. Which is fair enough but he didn't play the game, he set out the game plan which wasn't replicated on the pitch.

Where's the criticism towards the ''shower of '' that played?

Its a good point but lets be honest, you can't criticise some of them mate because they had good games i.e Reina.

You can, however, blow your stack at the guy thats transformed the team. I dont care what anyone says, you don't break the bank for a guy like Fernando Torres then leave him on the bench against a slow ageing defence in a tough away game at Portsmouth. Likewise you don't leave the most influencial player in the team, Stevie G, who had 2 great games for England, on the bench. There's just no logic, although you may argue otherwise. They are, at the end of the day, Premiership professional football players. No other team rotates like us and they seem to manage the season.

So, we can't criticise players who don't have the sharpeness of a player that's playing and scoring, Torres, because it's just not fair.

In my opinion Torres would've had an absolute ball against Campbell who would have been left chasing shadows.

Another point, Arbeloa, who i rate highly, is right footed, i believe but im not 100% sure, please correct me if im rong, is playing left back. Work that one out and let me no why! And then you bring on Gerrard on the right, where he's not going to make the best impact by, i'm sure, even your own admittace.

Someone please explain why he leaves a £20m+ striker who is scoring, and, by Chelsea's past ratings, a £30m+ influencial, fully fit Stevie G on the bench

I'm glad i let that out, it's been bugging me since Saturday.!

Cheers guys.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion