Gerrard h gona get the sack check itv t t - Seen it check it out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:01 pm

Just checked ITV and it says "houlliers won the sack race".

And "New boss in line to lead revolution".

Or something like that.

???  ???  :0  :0
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:36 am

It will be great if it is true. Look at what we fans have to put up with in recent times:
1.  although we lost to Chelsea, Houllier said, "...in a way I saw more positive things as compared to last season..."
2.  Houllier believes that Liverpool is somewhat unlucky as, "...we had approaching 20 shots on target.", although a very low percentage is actually goal-bound.
3.  Liverpool lost because,"...we are missing key players like Gerrard", 2 seasons ago, I remember Arsenal losing Pires during the title run-in and still managed to win the championship; last season, MU had Beckham, Keane and Veron either injured or out-of-form but still had other options who helped their cause.
4.  I read in an article that Franz Beckbenbuer said that Liverpool have over 40 players on their payroll which is unhealthy to the club's finances.
5.  there is too many for me to list about Houllier, but please, please sack him and get a real manager.
Perhaps the board is unwilling to sack him noe because of a large severence compensation in his contract...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:59 am

Houllier is always humble. Even when we win a match (although that is rare).  He is not arrogant as some EPL Managers are. But he is good on TV when we lose. He could come out with immediate excuse and analysis.

But we need a manager not a club's newsman(PR).  I would strongly urge him to pass on the responsibily to other deserving chap. Hey he is a heart patient, he should take things easy. Sincerely... :D  :D  :D
hobbes

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:52 pm

Hey, U R right, Hobbes.
Perhaps, if Liverpool creates a PR job, Houllier will, for once in his life, get to do something he is so good at.
Imagine if we have anyone like O'Neill or even Strachan, the team will really be playing football instead of ballerinas pretending to be footballers and Houllier as the PR man would not have to keep conjouring boring and baseless excuses. His press conferences will make everyone happy, and not be just a platform for the manager to make more dumb excuses like the situation now...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby freestyla_11 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:33 pm

Places like Villa park are where we should be getting full points. Why was Finnan not starting instead of Piggy Carragher. Same goes for Baros. Hou must go!!!!!!!!!
freestyla_11

Postby eddie harvey » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:52 pm

:angry:AFTER THIS DISPLAY AGAINST VILLA GH SHOULD GO! PATHETIC PREFORMENCE FROM THE REDS. MIDFIELD INEFECTIVE [APART FROM GERARD] NO URGENCY NO BELIEF IN THEMSELVES. MURPHY SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE DRESSING ROOM! WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING KEWELL ON THE RIGHT? HESKEY WAS CR##P WHAT WAS THE POINT IN BRINGING BISCAN ON WITH 4 MINS LEFT? TALLAC SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON FOR MURPHY AT HALF TIME! AND BAROS. GH IS TAKING US NO WHERE HE WILL BE HAPPY WITH A POINT GOD HELP US!! WE HAVE TWO BIG GAMES THIS COMMING WK, I CANT SEE US WINNING EITHER OF THEM.DARE I SAY IT IT MAY BE THE END OF GH [I HOPE SO!]
eddie harvey

Postby whylongball? » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:29 pm

totally agree with eddie harvey.......what the f##k is Hou doing? no sense of tactic!!! very disappointed to see Liv board treating this stupid coach so nicely..just whach my belief out of Liv like skill out of all the Liv players....hopeless!!!!!!!!
p/s Houlier f##k off
whylongball?

Postby director » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:17 pm

We are officially the worst team to watch in the premiership. Michael Owen is the most overated striker ever and should be sold. We will be lucky to finish mid table at this rate. To all my fellow fans, being under the rule of GH is like being a soldier under the dictatorship of a kamikase suadron leader. We are doomed  :(
director

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:44 pm

:angry: agree with eddie harvey.  Was listening to TalkSport this afternoon after the game until 5 o'clock. Everyone shouting for Hou to go. I am growing tired of watching this side. Hou should admit he's messed up. Murphy was awful, Kewell played out of position, AND he physically lacked confidence. AND WHAT'S HAPPENED TO STEPHANE HENCHOZ? ?????  He was awful today, he lacked pace, was lethargic and looked disinterested. I have always given Hou my patience, and would love to be proved wrong, but I cant see this side going anywhere. Especially after watching the first 30 mins of Arsenal playing exhibition football against Boro before I switched it off angrily. Completely different planet to Liverpool.
jonnymac1979

Postby the_welsh_tex » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:08 pm

Please can somebody tell me what game houllier actually sees(gerard.feel free to reply in person), as a liverpool fan of around 18 years im passionate about how liverpool play football,i live in swansea and my home team are as important as liverpool,is it me or does any fan who watched their pre-season games and the first two games in the current campaign honestly feel we will finish in the top 6?,yes the top 6!,because if we do i honestly feel it would be a fantastic feat,id love to try to look at the positives as houllier does but lets be realistic the way he sends them on to the pitch to perform isnt working,kewell is a great player and is someone i was happy to sign but its not brain surgery surely,harry kewell is not a right sided midfielder nor is diouf a left sided one,and against ajax and again 2day against villa he played them in the position that they would be least affective in a game of football,i just want to hear the views of real scouse living fans,i know im a fan but being and living in the city ive no doubt that you suffer more than i do,and let me tell you i really get p***** off when we poor,all views of interest.thanks :(
the_welsh_tex

Postby hobbes » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:53 pm

mistyred ..

Please let me have the addr/ site where you got the news from. I tried to search but could find any news that says Houllier will be sacked.
hobbes

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:19 pm

hobbes it's itv teletext or fansfc.com.And on top of that he is now favourite with the bookies to be sacked.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:01 pm

good for him.. good for the club . Thanks mistyred
hobbes

Postby big al » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:13 am

I really do love hearing the opinions of many of you guys but I wonder some times what tablets some people are on.  Baros got slating here, Owen got a slating and Carragher, wheres this going to end.  Stop blaming our players.  Look at their profiles and realise this.  Houllier has bought some good top class players.  The problem is two fold.  Firstly there's a lack of leadership on the pitch and by that I mean the kind that Roy Keane gives Man U.  The type that Souness, Smith, Case, Hanson Ect give us.  Gillispie being in the team when we won five trophies in a year was no fluke.  These kids like Owen  23 years old are being asked to do the job that even Alan Shearer had to serve his time at. Owen preformed better when  he was in fowlers shadow and being schooled by Robbie, Fowler was better when he was in Rushie's shadow the list goes on.  Our players have so much potential, so talk about how bad they all are is worthless except Biscan(On my hobby horse again) Actually I don't blame biscan for not preforming I Blame Houllier for buyin the guy.  Someone's  post asked why we are not buying Barry Ferguson? Dam good point.  The answer sadly is Houllier is not able to step back like super-sub asked us to do and look objectively. I think he's full of pride,conciet and egotism and doe'snt want to admit he's wrong.  We need more experienced players to teach and school are kids because they are not yet ready to conquer the premiership.  If owen was in the shadow of Batistuta or a player of that class.  He would not have the same pressure, to be the savior of the team.  Gerrad likewise is under too much pressure He should be in his apprenticeship quitely going about doing his bit not being asked to win matches with owen on their own.  So wise up and get off the players backs. They want to play football, they don't pick the team.  Houllier and the directors are to blame.

The second reason is simply Houllier.  Lets be honest and fair The man's done a good job but he's went as far as he can.  Lets praise him for bringing a taste of the glory days back to us.  Lets pat him on the back tell him he's always welcome to visit and put his picture on the wall and remember his role. Then lets bring Gordon Strachen to Anfield and win the premiership. This is what Moores should do.  Its what the old Moores would have done.  Derek do whats right!  Do you know what guys, I hate to say this but mid table may be a bit too ambitious just look at West Ham and dwell on that for a while. I Gerrard got injured along with owen and hypia we would be in deep trouble, now we are just in trouble.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Keooltastic » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:32 am

I fully agree with Big al.
It has been so long since we had a mongrel player pushing everyone and putting back the passion in the team.
Simply, we tried to become a superclub like the others but have failled at the task. ManU has Roy Keene, Arsenal have  Viera and Campbell etc. These clubs clearly see the benefit of having some psychos in their lineup to inject the passion when needed. Gerard is a bit of a psycho but he is still too young and inexperienced in the ways of the mongrel. It is also self evident that a team is a mirror image in character to the coach. Sir alex and Arsen would have to be two of the most passionate and hot blooded managers you can find out there and this shows in their respective teams. GH is soft. We all know that. It was great to see the team going good 2/3 years ago and seeing GH have this easy going attitude. We showed the rest how you can win games without being so nasty at it. But unfortunately this can go only so long and now the players are imitating the manager. No Guts no Glory!
Keooltastic

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion