Whos gona get ya

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:27 pm

Cisse hooray
Sky sports said he may be back before the end of the season,  :cool:  rock on tommy moment weve been waiting for, come on now Xabi baby need you back aswell. :love:

Djibril Cisse today took a major step forward in his rehabilitation from injury when he began running at Melwood. 
Cisse has been sidelined since October when he fractured both the tibia and fibula in his left leg after falling awkwardly during the Reds' clash with Blackburn at Ewood Park.

The French striker is definitely out for the rest of this season but was able to do running work for the first time in over four months this morning.

Club doctor Mark Waller told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Djibril started running today which is great news. He is doing really well and we're all delighted. He's on schedule to be fit for the start of next season."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:35 pm

CISSE COULD RETURN EARLY

Reports in France suggest that Djibril Cisse may make a brief return to first team football before the end of the season.
The Liverpool striker was immediately ruled out for the year after sustaining a horrific injury against Blackburn Rovers in October.
In the aftermath of the serious blow it was revealed that the tibia and fibula break could have ended his career, although the French international could now be in line for an emotional return to action this season.
The former Auxerre man, who moved to Anfield in the summer, started jogging in March and now reports suggest that he could appear for a few minutes in the closing days of the Premiership season.
Cisse will be keen not to rush back to action too early, and should really hit the comeback trail in time for next season.

skysports
:cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:39 pm

He'll need the off season to get match fit and sharp. I'd like to see how he and Nando link up! Nando's flick ons and headers combined with Cisse's pace ( though he didn't so that much pace before the injury )
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:47 pm

ckay wrote:He'll need the off season to get match fit and sharp. I'd like to see how he and Nando link up! Nando's flick ons and headers combined with Cisse's pace ( though he didn't so that much pace before the injury )

I know hell need the pre season to get match fitness Ckay luv, but ive been like a muppet with his name all season and hes hardly played :D
Just a bit of good fortune this week surrounding all the bad, we won the derby got 4 players injured :down: , but Garcias declared fit for Spain :)
Maybe hamann will be back and hopefully Morientes will only miss one game, Xabi and Cisse back in trainging big boost I would say. :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:52 pm

Its great news just to hear he is running again
Hopefully he bounce back well for next season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:49 pm

Great stuff.  Made up for him.  Hopefully next season we'll see what he's made of.  He'll be like a new signing.
jonnymac1979

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:57 pm

Hopefully he will live up to his reputation, unlike some of the signings in recent years!!!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:07 pm

opps, didn't see this thread...hence my post :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:07 pm

the frustrating thing about the whole cisse situation for me was after a slow start he was just starting to find his feet.
at first i didnt think he was particulary quick but just before he got injured he looked as quick as henry.
i hope he returns to his turbo charged old self. no matter the sport genuine pace is a massive asset.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:31 am

this is great news not just for us but for him as at one point it lookedlike he was never going to play at this level again
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:03 am

you've started about 4 posts now in succession!

shame on you.

if you are that desperate for attention, try friends reunited .co.uk
Iceman69

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:19 am

Iceman69 wrote:you've started about 4 posts now in succession!

shame on you.

wtf are you talking about
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:33 am

Iceman69 wrote:you've started about 4 posts now in succession!

shame on you.

that pretty good coming from you

Whose opinions seems to just scream attention seekin g tabloid budgie cage litter
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:43 am

you knob. are you his boyfreind?

i dont ever write stuff that has been printed from the papers.

i just noticed that this guy has aout 4 new threads on this page, and he bores me
:glare:
Iceman69

Postby Santa » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:56 am

Good to hear, really made up for him...I think Cisse is an extremely fit player and will be able to regain his match fitness and pace with a full pre-season but it's what's up there that needs to be natured after the injury.
Last edited by Santa on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion