Rafa speaks,garcia update

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:05 am

A fuming Rafael Benitez blamed a poor refereeing decision for Liverpool's 1-0 Champions League defeat in Monaco on Tuesday night. 
The Reds boss was furious after seeing his side lose to a hotly disputed second half strike by Javier Saviola.

The Argentina striker clearly handled the ball before firing past Chris Kirkland and Benitez revealed that the referee admitted to him afterwards that he saw it.

"All the people in the world saw the handball," blasted Rafa. "The linesman saw it and when I spoke to the referee afterwards he told me he saw it as well.

"What I couldn't understand was why he was smiling at me when he was talking. He said the hand was close to the body but I don't agree. It was a bad game and a bad pitch and to lose to a decision like that was very disappointing."

A deeply disappointed Benitez admitted his team did not play well on the night and added: "It was very physical game for us. We prepared for the game to play with one striker and wingers and in the first two minutes we lost one of our wingers.

"If you can't play properly or do the thing you want to do it is very tough. When you concede a goal like that it is even more disappointing.

"We didn't play well today but we are playing well at home and our idea now will be to beat Olympiacos 2-0."

Benitez also confirmed that Luis Garcia suffered a hamstring injury and will be out of action for at least three to four weeks
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:17 am

What pisses me off the most is the fact that the ref laughed in Rafa's face and said that he saw the handball but didn't call it, what a focking ******.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lili » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:55 am

This is total Bullsh*t i didn't see the game but ive seen pitures and from what i can see of the players reaction it must have been a very obvious case of hand ball you don't usually see players protest all at once and so pasionatleylike our players did over a handball. And if he did what Rafa said he did after the game Rafa should put a full report in against him and he should never ref another game whats was the ****** name anyway does anyone know.
lili

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:24 am

The ref was Claus Bo Larsen (Denmark)
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby whelston23 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:35 am

it realli ****** mi off. how can a ref sees a handball but not give it... especially in the penalty box.. but can the manager sue the ref?
whelston23

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:53 am

We have been unlucky all season. The goal Garcia scored at Bolton, the goal he scored against Middlesborough, the second goal they scored (which was offside), the handball at Monaco, lots of injuries to key players,and lots of other minor reffing decisions to numerous to mention. I think those Evertonians have been practicing Voodoo.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:54 am

whelston23 wrote:it realli ****** mi off. how can a ref sees a handball but not give it... especially in the penalty box.. but can the manager sue the ref?

No but he can bitch slap him
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:03 am

:(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:03 am

Look on the bright side - even after our horrendous run of bad luck (injuries and refereeing).

We are still in champions league (and it is in our hands).
Still in League Cup.
Still in contention for champions league places.

Just imagine when our luck changes (it has to sooner or later!).
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:05 am

jymbojetset wrote:Look on the bright side - even after our horrendous run of bad luck (injuries and refereeing).

Still in League Cup.

Jymbo :cool:

A refreshing breeze of objectivity and optimism :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:10 am

Woollyback wrote:
jymbojetset wrote:Look on the bright side - even after our horrendous run of bad luck (injuries and refereeing).

Still in League Cup.

Jymbo :cool:

A refreshing breeze of objectivity and optimism :)

Thanx.

The way I look at it. It is a forum to put our views (whether good or bad) - but ultimately we all want the same think LFC at the top again.

At the start of the season, we all new it was going to be hit and miss for this year. Its just what the gaffer has done with bit part players (i.e Traore and Biscan), our hopes have been raised a little bit prematurely.

Lets just hang in there and support the lads. It will come good.

YNWA.

:;):
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:16 am

I think it's our bad luck and it' come from the Liverpool's yellow jeysey. Remember some years back, when MU had a grey jeysey ... after that they decided to change "old colour" . Their luck just change to the better.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:18 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think it's our bad luck and it' come from the Liverpool's yellow jeysey. Remember some years back, when MU had a grey jeysey ... after that they decided to change "old colour" . Their luck just change to the better.

Lets start a petition - back to the old white away jersey!
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:18 am

:angry: Ive just read about that ref ****** :angry:  He even told Hyypia it was a handball and just laughed in rafas face saying he seen it I cant believe it ****** ****** :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:20 am

Sounds like Garcia's out for 3-4 weeks, but any news on Josemi? That looked like one NASTY injury :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion