Fickle bunch we all are

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:11 am

not 2 days ago was the first rumour of a striker possibley leaving the 'pool and everyone insisted that it was Baros. I myself was one of the few saying that I wouldn't be surprised if it is Owen and it does appear that his future is definitely in question now.

2 days ago, the large percentage of posters were stating that we couldn't continue without him, that he was liverpool through and through and he would never go. Now we see a major swing in the other direction and we appear to be unable to see the back of him.

I'm amazed at how quickly things have changed.
Homebooby

Postby who the hell is diarra » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:22 am

I've gotta admit i've never thought Owen was Liverpool, and that he would leave one day. While i'd be far from happy if he did leave i would not say that it would be a shock like when Rushie left.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quimby » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:28 am

At least every party will get something. I was far more shocked when Souness gutted our side by selling Beardsley, Aldridge etc. That was a black period in our history that we still haven't fully recovered from.
Quimby

Postby Homebooby » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:30 am

Quimby wrote:At least every party will get something. I was far more shocked when Souness gutted our side by selling Beardsley, Aldridge etc. That was a black period in our history that we still haven't fully recovered from.

a opnion I have voiced several times here quimby....he destroyed us
Homebooby

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:32 am

Homebooby wrote:I'm amazed at how quickly things have changed.

Ahh , the beauty of footy hey Homebooby .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:40 am

Are we having a laugh here or what. Cisse looks the part but still needs to prove himself and unless Baros can learn to run without looking at the floor IMO we are going to miss Owen big time. In the last few years his touch and awareness has improved and the understanding wit Gerrard has to be maintained as part of our offensive armoury, his goals record is second to none at the club and he has spent alot of time saying how he wants to stay. Owen is not an Alan Smith. There is more to this story than meets the eye and hopefully all will be revealed over the next few days , I mean who knew that Danny specifically wanted to play for an English manager and thats why he turned down Spurs. I didnt till I heard their press conference.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:41 am

yep...fans'll pat you on the back one day, then and a knife to that patting hand the next :)
Homebooby

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:44 am

DOES ANYONE THINK THERE STILL MAY BE A CHANCE OF HIM STAYING? AFTER REAL COMING OUT AND SAYING THEY ONLY WANT VIERA?
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:46 am

I was certain it was him who was involved to go before it all came out in the press and i thought he'd go.

Currently I am starting to feel like he will stay now. I think this is a power struggle that has gone wrong....he looked like someone caught in the middle of something that had gotten out of control last night and I think that he'll end up putting pen to paper by the end of tomorrow at the latest
Homebooby

Postby mynameisred » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:58 am

Homebooby I reckon you hit the nail on the head there. Was it just me or was Owen looking pretty uncomfortable on his own last night? He seemed to have a laugh with the younger players before the final whistle but what I found strange was that he was completley on his own for most of the match. Even Stevie G didnt go and sit next to him after he was substituted. It got me thinking that perhaps Rafa has gone in there and bruised a few egos and as Owens place is no longer guarenteed (GH always stated that he even at 80% fit was in the team) perhaps Rafa used this game to prove a point. This is not anything to worry about though Owen was probably the most vocal about Rafas appointment and he can hardly moan about his methods now he is in charge. I think Owen especially with England as well has been in a bit of a bubble and maybe they did have a fall out and transfers were talked about and hopefully lessons learned. Lets just see.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:22 am

that's been my point all the way along. He's been the boy wonder all his career....now he's being asked to be a man and knuckle down and earn his coin. I hope he does do stay.

Everything that he stated he wanted this season, he has gotten, new boss, changes, dead wood leaving, new blood coming in, by the looks of it CL footie too. what's left to complain about?

I thought the interview C5 showed of him last week at the beginning of the programme last night said it all though. His stock answer is he is Liverpool through and through.......I never quite believe him though.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:25 am

I'll say it again too:

If this has been a power struggle and battle of wills, I am glad Rafa is standing firm. We need no question about who is running the show.

God it was great seeing him on the side of the pitch as our 12th man last night
Homebooby

Postby who the hell is diarra » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:53 am

BringBackTiti wrote:DOES ANYONE THINK THERE STILL MAY BE A CHANCE OF HIM STAYING? AFTER REAL COMING OUT AND SAYING THEY ONLY WANT VIERA?

I still haven't given up hope he will stay, but if he goes of course we will be missed, but the point is we will cope. :)
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:56 am

keep walking on with hope in your heart :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:59 am

IF OWEN LEAVES, WE ARE AS GOOD AS SCREWED, HE IS THE BEST STRIKER IN OUR TEAM AND IF HE LEAVES, WE WILL LOOSE MORE GAMES.. OMG

:(
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion