Return of the fickle fans brigade - It's getting ridiculous

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:56 pm

YAWN

If I was SG I would bugger off to Chelsea now, listening to some of the inevitable knee jerk tw@ts on here. Sometimes I wonder if people just come on here to be controversial. Having read through the 3785th Steven Gerrard thread in the last two weeks, about how he is UNWORTHY of being captain, this is the last straw for me.

Now let me say that I have advocated possibly giving Carra the armband recently because I feel that he is acting like more of a leader than Gerrard at the moment, and has been since the new year. But to say that Gerrard is unworthy of being captain is a disgrace. I wonder if you were saying the same last season when the guy virtually singlehandedly inspired what was a dull average team, or the guy who scored that goal against Olympiakos?

The fact is, their team cost £213m, and they were still lucky to break us down. OK Stevie scored a own goal. On purpose was it? Done to please his new club? Don't make me laugh. The guy looked absolutely crestfallen at the end and called it "one of the worst days of his career". If that's not commitment to this club then what is?

Also, what about his run into the box in the first half that was a clear penalty? If we had got that and scored, he would have been lifting the cup. He would have scored in normal time too except for a great defensive tackle, which incidently should have been at least a corner!

They were not that much better than us, bearing in mind by playing 4-5-1 we virtually surrendered the initiative from the start. Ok ill take it that after the own goal he went to pieces, but hes still young, and not super human. It obviously unsettled him. It reminded me of when gazza got booked in the World cup semi final, and his head went. Somebody should have had a word with him as Gary would have said.

If their fans were like you lot, they would be saying they should sell Lampard, or Terry, as they didnt walk all over us.

And if Stevie is as sh#t as you say oh mighty football brain, why would anyone pay £30m+ for him then.

Answer that then?

Thank you and goodnight.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:05 pm

Was Stevn G the only person that scored a goal against the greeks? NO i don't think so.

Fickle? What cos i'm not an a$$ bandit that wants to lick in between the lads  ar$£ crack OH give over would you.

Simple solution to the problem ST MIKE don't like what you read then click the mouse somwhere else and stop calling people who want to have opinions stupid names.

Why defend somebody that doesn't believe in you, Why stick up for somebody that bad mouths you i don't think most people would but then again who cares when he can walk on water ay?.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingofthegreen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:32 pm

u can smell the Testosterone in here!!!

i beleive the guys who just want to slag off SG with little or no reason are the typical bandwagon hoppers! unfortunetly your post will not change their sheep-like opinions...

I will have to agree with mistyred though. i really dont beleive SG's performance recently has warranted praise, therefore i will criticise him....(does everyone really think he has been playing like a £30million player?)
my concern is that many people criticise SG because they no what he is capable of and dont want to see SG let himself and the club down. This should not get confused with 'havin a go at SG' just becos i criticise SG, it doesnt mean i want him to leave!
Therefore i dont feel many of the fans on here are fickle!?

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby malone » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:37 pm

totaly agree!!! and for people that said that gerrard never should have played yesterday, its just ridicolous.   think about it, ur in a cup final, u put ur best eleven out and gerrard is definetely in the best eleven if not our best player.  imagine if we have started with biscan and gerrard on the bech,  if we had lost the game everyone would have been complaining about gerrard not playing
malone

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:43 pm

gerrard has been poor since the new year and i'm sure he'd be the first to admit that. infact we've produced our best football without him. however all of a sudden, because we know what he's capable of, he puts in a couple of lacklustre performances and everyone jumps on the media bandwagon of questioning his commitment.

it's ok slagging players off for not playing well, but whilst he is in a red shirt fans should always support him. if he has a blinder against leverkeusen next week you just watch everyone praising him up again.

it will happen believe me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:02 pm

I'm not fickle or jumping on any band wagon, the simple fact is that Gerrard has played sh1t3 all 3 times we have played Chelsea this season and also scored an own goal, can you blame me for being a bit suss about it? :rock:
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:07 pm

Paul C wrote:I'm not fickle or jumping on any band wagon, the simple fact is that Gerrard has played sh1t3 all 3 times we have played Chelsea this season and also scored an own goal, can you blame me for being a bit suss about it? :rock:

To suggest the incident, and the defeat, will shape whether he stays or goes from Liverpool, is wrong. It was just one of those things that could have happened anywhere at any time, in any place and in any game.

It wasn't even a mistake, although you could say the mistake was in three Liverpool defenders going for the same ball.

But to pull together a sub-plot or conspiracy theory that the own goal, combined with Liverpool's defeat, has finally put Gerrard on the road to Stamford Bridge is nonsense.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kingofthegreen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:11 pm

stmichael wrote:
Paul C wrote:I'm not fickle or jumping on any band wagon, the simple fact is that Gerrard has played sh1t3 all 3 times we have played Chelsea this season and also scored an own goal, can you blame me for being a bit suss about it? :rock:

To suggest the incident, and the defeat, will shape whether he stays or goes from Liverpool, is wrong. It was just one of those things that could have happened anywhere at any time, in any place and in any game.

It wasn't even a mistake, although you could say the mistake was in three Liverpool defenders going for the same ball.

But to pull together a sub-plot or conspiracy theory that the own goal, combined with Liverpool's defeat, has finally put Gerrard on the road to Stamford Bridge is nonsense.

try not to take it too personally, did you not think i was gonna happen as soon as the game finished! unfortunetly, every team has docile portion of fans!

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:20 pm

I can accept defeat and feel sorry for SG to score an OG but everyone of those lads ran their socks off yesterday, even Garcia was working 120% running round and putting tackles in but Gerrard did f**k all in the second half and let his team mates down, I'm not just talking about the OG cos that was unfortunate but he wasn't pulling his weight and never tackled when he should have, he just didn't look ar5ed and then he comes out with comments that Chelsea deserved to win.  Thats why I'm p1ssed off with him, nothing to do with being fickle! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingofthegreen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:22 pm

Paul C wrote:I can accept defeat and feel sorry for SG to score an OG but everyone of those lads ran their socks off yesterday, even Garcia was working 120% running round and putting tackles in but Gerrard did f**k all in the second half and let his team mates down, I'm not just talking about the OG cos that was unfortunate but he wasn't pulling his weight and never tackled when he should have, he just didn't look ar5ed and then he comes out with comments that Chelsea deserved to win.  Thats why I'm p1ssed off with him, nothing to do with being fickle! :angry:

Chelski deserved to win?
NO THEY F*CKIN DIDNT!!!!!

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:24 pm

kingofthegreen wrote:
Paul C wrote:I can accept defeat and feel sorry for SG to score an OG but everyone of those lads ran their socks off yesterday, even Garcia was working 120% running round and putting tackles in but Gerrard did f**k all in the second half and let his team mates down, I'm not just talking about the OG cos that was unfortunate but he wasn't pulling his weight and never tackled when he should have, he just didn't look ar5ed and then he comes out with comments that Chelsea deserved to win.  Thats why I'm p1ssed off with him, nothing to do with being fickle! :angry:

Chelski deserved to win?
NO THEY F*CKIN DIDNT!!!!!

Exactly, but Gerrard thinks that they did.
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:09 pm

I dont think he's ****** i just dont think he is the best choice for captain of the team.But hey if that makes me fickle then fickle i am.
ronmeister

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:13 pm

ronmeister wrote:I dont think he's ****** i just dont think he is the best choice for captain of the team.But hey if that makes me fickle then fickle i am.

you're missing the point entirely.

i'm not slagging people for suggesting that gerrard should possibly hand the armband over to carra. he looks like he's got the world on his shoulders at the moment. i have said for a few months that gerrard should relinquish the captaincy and solely focus on his game, which is clearly suffering at the moment.

what i don't like is people saying he is an UNWORTHY captain, considering everything he's done for the club over the past 18 months.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ronmeister » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:25 pm

Well i gotta agree then Stmick but if we take the armband and give it to Carra how will SG handle that? Like ive said somewhere before its such a hard one to call.I still think we are in a win win situation if he stays weve got Arguebly the best Midfielder in the world if he go's we have 30+mil with wich to build a bigger squad if i had my choice i would have Sg and give the Armband to carra that would leave SG to do what he does best and play football.As to last night i thought he was great till the own goal and then he just seemed to give up.
ronmeister

Postby maximus » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:59 pm

AGREED
maximus
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion