HE IS A :censored: LEGEND

NUFF SAID

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:43 pm

is this the w@nkfest thread? :D

he's class, an absolute top drawer professional. He loves us and we love him. He's destined to win us the league
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:43 pm

I think a proper Torres thread in the current climate has to ask the question is he now a more important player to Liverpool than Steven Gerrard?  .... discuss!!

I'll post my views on this one later.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:50 pm

john craig wrote:I think a proper Torres thread in the current climate has to ask the question is he now a more important player to Liverpool than Steven Gerrard?  .... discuss!!

The thing is Gerrard wasnt even missed yesterday. Two man team my ar'se...!
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Greavesie wrote:is this the w@nkfest thread? :D

he's class, an absolute top drawer professional. He loves us and we love him. He's destined to win us the league

so will you be joining the w@nkfest thread then?

current members : 1

:D

----
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:53 pm

john craig wrote:I think a proper Torres thread in the current climate has to ask the question is he now a more important player to Liverpool than Steven Gerrard?  .... discuss!!

Steven Gerrard mate, knows the club inside out and just drives the team more than Torres does. Although Torres' attitude is better as he is unselfish and he gets you alot of goals, wondeful player to watch.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:is this the w@nkfest thread? :D

so will you be joining the w@nkfest thread then?

current members : 1

----

Make it 2 mate, I'm in for sure
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby anti-hero » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:33 pm

no he's not..............

anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 pm

It is simple, he is God.
f9Torres

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:35 pm

f9Torres wrote:It is simple, he is God.

he's getting there, and i never thought id ever like another player as much as Fowler, but Torres is really starting to push it, what a player!
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sully0182 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:48 pm

contrast our 20 million super striker to the manc 30 million joke of a super sap - berbatov was just another one of fergies masterstroke signings i guess...
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:51 pm

He is yes at the moment and it's not even close. The reason being if Torres isn't fit, we have nobody who can do his job. We're not even talking of having nobody who can do his job quite as well as he can, we simply have nobody who can do it.

In the case of Gerrard, we have players who can do his job. Admittedly nowhere near so well as he can do it, but at least Benayoun can fill in in behind, kuyt can have a go at it, while Lucas can on the evidence of his performnacs against Man Utd do a job in midfield.

If Torres doesn't play, the team is completely different to when he does.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 pm

agree with that ^

BUT.

Stevie can influence the game in so many more ways....granted u just need to give Torres one chance and he can bury it, but Stevie has every aspect to his game. he can defend, be creative, score.....and is better at bringing the best out of the rest of our players on the pitch. he is captain after all, even if he hasn't been on the best of form this season he's still managed to be in the mix most of the time.....and when he is on form. he is our most important player.

But Torres still remains the only person in the world who would turn me gay. :blues:
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:58 pm

bigmick wrote:

He is yes at the moment and it's not even close. The reason being if Torres isn't fit, we have nobody who can do his job. We're not even talking of having nobody who can do his job quite as well as he can, we simply have nobody who can do it.

In the case of Gerrard, we have players who can do his job. Admittedly nowhere near so well as he can do it, but at least Benayoun can fill in in behind, kuyt can have a go at it, while Lucas can on the evidence of his performnacs against Man Utd do a job in midfield.

If Torres doesn't play, the team is completely different to when he does.

I'd basically go along with what you say there Mick.

For many reasons Torres is the more important of the two at this particular point in time.

1)  There is absolutely no decent cover for him in the squad.  Kuyt is maybe the best option but then you lose your best right midfielder, which is also Kuyt's best position now imo.

2)  Gerrard hasn't really fired yet this season.  Injuries have played a part and perhaps the court case too.  Fact is though his influence on the team this season is not what it has been previously, which I'm sure is only temporary.

3)  Pace.  Our team seriously lacks it but Torres has it in abundance, and knows when to use it.  We play a completely different way with him in the side.

4)  For short periods at least Gerrard's absence can be compensated for.  Benayoun, Kuyt and maybe even this Aquilani guy could play off Torres, while Masch, Lucas (if he can play like he did yesterday more often) and Aquilani can all cover centre mid.

5)  Fear.  Quite simply every defender is afraid of Fernando Torres at this time.  Since Gerrard has moved further up the pitch his goals and assists stats may have improved, but his all action, aggressive, hard tackling central midfield style is a thing of the past.  I don't think opposition midfielders fear him like they used to.  That's not to say he's a better or a worse player, just a completely different one to Gerrard pre-2007(ish)

That said, never underestimate Gerrard's influence at LFC.  We'll probably never see another central midfield player like him in our life times at this club.  He'll be back to his best soon.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 am

Agree with what your both saying john and bigmick.

At this moment and time with the squad what it is Torres is definately more important.
Thats due to the poor quality of the striking options and also the unrivalled ability of Torres to lead the line virtually alone.
Is there any other striker in the world that could occupy two centre halves the Fernando ?
I dont think so.

Stevie hasnt been at the races really yet but will obviously come back firing.
But we have better options to cover Stevie than Torres without doubt.

Granted you wouldnt want to do it for long but we can cope better without Stevie without doubt.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion