The fernando torres thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:45 am

Torres on his way lads. Fee/Salary agreed. Might take a bit of time to announce, as AM are want to break it gently through the media to stop a backlash from their fans. PS From a very good source
Doeboy

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:46 am

AM are want to break it gently through the media to stop a backlash from their fans

So how do you do that ???
66-1112520797

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:46 am

Doeboy wrote:Torres on his way lads. Fee/Salary agreed. Might take a bit of time to announce, as AM are want to break it gently through the media to stop a backlash from their fans. PS From a very good source

source?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:51 am

Bamaga man wrote:
AM are want to break it gently through the media to stop a backlash from their fans

So how do you do that ???

They say 'Dont bother buying any Torres shirts for next season' then run  :D

Has he wavered his percentage of the fee then ? Or is he Barton in disguise   ???
destro

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:55 am

Willingly, or unwillingly, Doeboy might have a point.

The gossip of Marca and AS says the deal is done, and they only thing that Atletico are negotiating is how to explain the deal to the fans, as there can be a civil war due to this.

I was happy the other day when Cerezo said that there was no offer from Liverpool, but it seems that it was a smoke screen or something.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:56 am

Just to add feul to the fire, this is from the BBC

Liverpool's hopes of landing top target Fernando Torres hang in the balance as talks continue with Atletico Madrid over the £27m-rated striker.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo says Liverpool have not tabled a bid for the 23-year-old Spain striker.

But BBC Sport understands discussions between the clubs are ongoing and have now reached a crucial stage.

Atletico are reluctant to sell, but Torres is believed to be keen to link up with Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

Liverpool are reluctant to pay the £27m release clause in Torres' contract, and Benitez does not want to part with midfield man Luis Garcia, who is reported to be interesting Atletico.

Benitez wants to land Torres to provide a spearhead for an assault on the title - and also allow new owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to demonstrate their own financial commitment to his plans.

Torres has been consistently linked with a move to England, particularly with Arsenal and Chelsea, but Liverpool are now at the head of the queue.

If he signs, he will join fellow countrymen Garcia, Pepe Reina and Xabi Alonso, as well as boss Benitez.

Atletico had earlier played down Liverpool's interest, with president Cerezo saying: "We've had no offer from Liverpool for Torres. He's on his holiday and resting.

"I repeat that there has been nothing about Torres from any team. We're now working to create a good team for the coming year."

Torres, 23, scored 14 league goals in 36 starts this season as Atletico finished seventh in La Liga.

The Spanish international's Atletico contract runs until 2009.

Torres came up though the youth ranks at Atletico and has been their leading scorer in each of the last five seasons.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:57 am

The gossip

Remember Sabre you were one of the ones who preached to us all not to believe gossip.

Only FACTS
:D
66-1112520797

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:04 am

Hopefully the deal won't include Luis for it.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05 am

True, that's why I said Doeboy MIGHT have a point :laugh:  The fact is that Atletico Madrid are looking for a forward actively, and the press is sure he's on his way out.

But rumours are rumours
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:09 am

I think He will be a Liverpool player come the end of the week.
Graeme Noble

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:12 am

Another fact

180 Atletico fans are protesting on front of the club offices against the Torres deal :D

The sign that appears in the photo says "Cerezo, you're guilty" . 180 due to a rumour, I can't think what will happen when the deal is done :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:18 am

Maybe you and LFC2007 should nip down there and tell em not to fret over rumours :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:24 am

Have been told in confidence so cannot reveal source fellas. Have not been told specific details about fee or whether it involves a player going the other way. All i do know is that he has been very keen to join us and that AM are just trying to minimise the backlash of him leaving before its confirmed. I have a few doubts about whether he is suited to the EPL and hope he is not another Morientes, but he is coming so we should all get behind him and hope he does the business. If i do get more info, will let you know
Doeboy

Postby RedorDead » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 am

It certainly looks like he is on his way doesn't it?
Sabre I think it was you who was saying the other day that you really don't rate Torres, is that right? I watch the odd Spanish game on Sky and he looks a good player to me, his attitude seems good and he can finish. Every signing these days is a gamble (Shevchenko looked a good buy and flopped and then Mccarthy was a punt and bangs em in for fun for the Rovers) but Torres is worth a go I think. I do bow to your superior knowledge of La Liga though Sabre, has Torres got what it takes?
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 am

Bamaga man wrote:Maybe you and LFC2007 should nip down there and tell em not to fret over rumours :laugh:

no, that's a bad idea. LFC2007 announcing he's a LFC fan might cost him a couple of punches. Me announcing I'm a LFC fan and a RS supporter, that would cost my life  :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion