EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:58 pm

[/quote]

I like Lallana, I have done for years, however, after signing Can I really don't want us to become heavy in a position. Maybe there is a space in the squad for him, but I see Lallana as more of a Coutinho or Henderson type player than a wide player (although he could fill in if desperate there).

I have no idea why we're going for a left back. Enrique is a superb full back (regardless of Carragher's opinion) and quite frankly I can't believe the manager rates Johnson over him. I find that absolutely ludicrous if I'm honest and do find that a bit of a worry. Enrique would probably get into any side in europe and improve them, so why our manager finds him not good enough is beyond me. Whats most concerning is he thinks it to be more of a priority than right back. Going into the season with only one capable premier league standard full back is silly imo.[/quote]

About Glen you are 100% Correct and i think BR isn't that thick (at least i hope so) and will replace him ,regarding Enrique and Lallana you are way off ,Jose is a good LB ,but that's it nothing particular and nothing to parade We could and should upgrade his position ,Moreno looks a promising replacement. Lallana is another creative player we MUST have in the team ,Hendo is a robot and Couthinho is our only other creative lad we need much more creativity in our MF so signing him is a must.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:42 pm

I like Lallana, I have done for years, however, after signing Can I really don't want us to become heavy in a position. Maybe there is a space in the squad for him, but I see Lallana as more of a Coutinho or Henderson type player than a wide player (although he could fill in if desperate there).

I have no idea why we're going for a left back. Enrique is a superb full back (regardless of Carragher's opinion) and quite frankly I can't believe the manager rates Johnson over him. I find that absolutely ludicrous if I'm honest and do find that a bit of a worry. Enrique would probably get into any side in europe and improve them, so why our manager finds him not good enough is beyond me. Whats most concerning is he thinks it to be more of a priority than right back. Going into the season with only one capable premier league standard full back is silly imo.[/quote]

About Glen you are 100% Correct and i think BR isn't that thick (at least i hope so) and will replace him ,regarding Enrique and Lallana you are way off ,Jose is a good LB ,but that's it nothing particular and nothing to parade We could and should upgrade his position ,Moreno looks a promising replacement. Lallana is another creative player we MUST have in the team ,Hendo is a robot and Couthinho is our only other creative lad we need much more creativity in our MF so signing him is a must.[/quote]

Are you on the wind up? We scored 101 goals lad, we create chance after chance after chance. To say this side lacks creativety is quite simply bonkers. Everyone one of the front six are more than able to create, as is Enrique and the centre halves are threats from set pieces. If there is one area we don't need to worry about its about our ability to score goals and create chances.

While I agree we could do better than Henderson he is by no means the weakest link in a side that finished second last season and provides important energy and legs in midfield and provides the running power to turn the opposition's midfield backwards. He's also starting to develop leadership qualities in that he's sprinting after players to win the ball back, plenty of times this season he's been the first to press someone which has then inspired Suarez, Sterling and even Sturridge to also press. Jordan has earnt another season as first choice for me. While not the most gifted of players, his attitude since about November has been top class. There are at least three of four that need replacing ahead of him.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:42 pm wrote:

I have no idea why we're going for a left back. Enrique is a superb full back (regardless of Carragher's opinion) and quite frankly I can't believe the manager rates Johnson over him. I find that absolutely ludicrous if I'm honest and do find that a bit of a worry. Enrique would probably get into any side in europe and improve them, so why our manager finds him not good enough is beyond me. Whats most concerning is he thinks it to be more of a priority than right back. Going into the season with only one capable premier league standard full back is silly imo.

About Glen you are 100% Correct and i think BR isn't that thick (at least i hope so) and will replace him ,regarding Enrique and Lallana you are way off ,Jose is a good LB ,but that's it nothing particular and nothing to parade We could and should upgrade his position ,Moreno looks a promising replacement. Lallana is another creative player we MUST have in the team ,Hendo is a robot and Couthinho is our only other creative lad we need much more creativity in our MF so signing him is a must.[/quote]

Are you on the wind up? We scored 101 goals lad, we create chance after chance after chance. To say this side lacks creativety is quite simply bonkers. Everyone one of the front six are more than able to create, as is Enrique and the centre halves are threats from set pieces. If there is one area we don't need to worry about its about our ability to score goals and create chances.

While I agree we could do better than Henderson he is by no means the weakest link in a side that finished second last season and provides important energy and legs in midfield and provides the running power to turn the opposition's midfield backwards. He's also starting to develop leadership qualities in that he's sprinting after players to win the ball back, plenty of times this season he's been the first to press someone which has then inspired Suarez, Sterling and even Sturridge to also press. Jordan has earnt another season as first choice for me. While not the most gifted of players, his attitude since about November has been top class. There are at least three of four that need replacing ahead of him.[/quote]

I think our ability to keep all engines running with a paper thin squad is not existing. A Mf with an aging Gerarrd and an over machanical Hendo is not the answer to our near and long term ambitions we have Can for defensive holding purposes now we need lallana like players to control and attack with versatility.
Having said that RB is a priority.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm sorry to disappoint you all but Glen won't be leaving, the club already said so I think. This is how I expect (not how I want) our defense to look like when the season starts:

New GK(Vorm?)/Mignolet/Jones

Johnson/         New CB(Lovren?)/       Sakho/         Moreno/
                                          Flanagan/        Ilori/                          Skrtel           Enrique/
                                          McLauglin        Wisdom                                         Smith

I expect Robinson, Toure, Agger and probably Kelly to be sold.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Enrique is a great player but he also missed most if last season injured. The club are clearly reacting to the risk of him having another injury blighted season.

I think Rodgers does rate him, he was played frequently when fit.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:52 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:08 pm wrote:I'm sorry to disappoint you all but Glen won't be leaving, the club already said so I think. This is how I expect (not how I want) our defense to look like when the season starts:

Looks like Moreno deal has stalled and I have to say that's a good thing. Sevilla want 18+ mil for him. Way overpriced for a 21 yr old.

Ryan Bertrand for 7 mil will do.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:17 am

killerp » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:08 pm wrote:I'm sorry to disappoint you all but Glen won't be leaving, the club already said so I think. This is how I expect (not how I want) our defense to look like when the season starts:

Looks like Moreno deal has stalled and I have to say that's a good thing. Sevilla want 18+ mil for him. Way overpriced for a 21 yr old.

Ryan Bertrand for 7 mil will do.

Bertrand isn't a top quality fullback IMO, I'd rather save ourselves some dough and leave Flanno there than sign another average player.
I suspect the only reason we are being linked with him is the usual one - Brendan has worked with him before.
I know there's a long time to go before the window shuts but if our signings do turn out to be the likes of Lambert, Can and Bertrand then you have to question the ambition/transfer policy of the club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 am

DamJan stop praising the signing of average players lad its startin to grate on me. Bertrand is at best a mid table player if that. He's not fit to lace Enriques boots and to honest, Flanagans either.

If our club doesn't pull their finger out and sign some real quality then serious questions need asking. No more squad players, we need to be going. For players like Pedro, Sanchez, fabregas and other top class  players. The transfer policy has quite frankly been a joke under Rodgers so far and none of the names we are being linked with are anything like the required quality to make me think thats about to change. This is LFC, one of the biggest clubs in the world and home of the Beatles. Sells itself really.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 am wrote:DamJan stop praising the signing of average players lad its startin to grate on me. Bertrand is at best a mid table player if that. He's not fit to lace Enriques boots and to honest, Flanagans either.

If our club doesn't pull their finger out and sign some real quality then serious questions need asking. No more squad players, we need to be going. For players like Pedro, Sanchez, fabregas and other top class  players. The transfer policy has quite frankly been a joke under Rodgers so far and none of the names we are being linked with are anything like the required quality to make me think thats about to change. This is LFC, one of the biggest clubs in the world and home of the Beatles. Sells itself really.

Stu, I didn't say we should get Bertrand, killerp did. I haven't praised the signing of average players, unless you consider Can average, who might turn out to be a disappointing signing (you never know), but I doubt it and I stand by what I said, the lad will surprise a few.

As for Moreno, the lad is one of the best young full-backs out there. For those who haven't seen him, he's as good as Luke Shaw, maybe even better, so he'll be worth the money. Whether we need him or not is a different discussion.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:51 pm

My bad... Sorry damjan :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:52 pm

I'm just that used to seeing you post rubbish I thought that was you too.... :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:52 pm wrote:I'm just that used to seeing you post rubbish I thought that was you too.... :D

kunt :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:40 pm

seems to be a bit of mixed feelings about him but ive never seen the lad play so dont know whether he will be a success or not but hopefully he impresses when he does get a run out.
welcome to the club emre  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:29 am

I don't know much about the lad, but hear he's highly rated so fingers crossed he'll fit right in. Also heard he can play anywhere in midfield or even at full back.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Sami Hyypia has tipped Liverpool new boy Emre Can to shine in the Premier League.

Kop boss Brendan Rodgers snapped up the German Under-21 international in a £9.75million deal from Bayer Leverkusen, which will be rubber-stamped on July 1.

And new Brighton chief Hyypia, who managed in the Bundesliga last season, believes the 20-year-old midfielder has all the attributes to fit in at Anfield . Former Liverpool centre-back Hyypia said: “He’s still a young player, but, physically, he is very ready for big things. He can play a lot of positions.”

Hyypia has returned to England – where he spent 10 years as a Liverpool player – after he was sacked by Leverkusen in April.

And the big Finn, 40, has not discounted himself from aiming for the hot seat at Anfield, saying: “It would be nice some day to be there.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion