EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby TheLad » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:52 am

Welcome to the club Emre, good luck!
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:57 am

We're. Upgrading our bench, nothing wrong about it... How many times have we looked upon our bench and had absolutely no one to come on and change the game. I do think that Emre and lambert are a significant upgrade on lucas and aspas or Borini....
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:08 am

All we ever f*cking do is upgrade the bench!

We need to sign players to make us better, to improve the team, what part of that do you not understand? The last additions to the first team that actually made us better were Coutinho and Sturridge... that was over a season and a half ago. Mignolet is a complete flop, Sahko although showing promise hasn't set the world alight and doesn't look to be miles ahead of what we already had the rest are questionable at best.

We have a serious lack of quality in the goal keeping position, right back position and centre half.

IT COST US THE LEAGUE TITLE AND NEEDS ADDRESSING!

Is that not clear enough to understand?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:23 am

What cost us the league is up for debate. I actually think if we had Henderson in the last three games we'd have fared a lot better. Obviously the defence needs addressing but protection in the midfield is a factor in that as well if you ask me. We had no depth and when we lost Henderson that showed so a couple of midfielders suits me just fine - I don't mind if it means Lucas going. I'm not clued up on this Can fella but he certainly seems like he could be a steel in the Coutinho mould
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:24 am

Greavsie I'm sorry mate I don't think it is up for debate to be honest. We scored a 101 goals in the league. Thats ridiculous. City scored one more... again ridiculous, but we scored more than enough to win the league. We only failed to score in a few games, the only ones I can actually remember us failing in was Chelsea and Southampton at home...

Baring in mind we Missed Luis for the first 6 league games, that is absolutely incredible.

What let us down, quite simply was the defence. The midfield doesn't offer great protection for our defence, I agree to an extent, we lack someone who positions themselves well in that area... but I certainly don't think its as poor as some make out. On the flip side, going forward our midfield contributes massively, thats a trade off I'm more than happy with. What I don't want to see is us sacrifice attacking intent from midfield to sure up the solidity of the team. Thats not us at our best.

The defenders this season have made some absolute howlers, Skrtel, Mignolet and Johnson are quite simply not upto it. If you replace those three with better players, we will concede less goals, its as simple as that. Skrtel couldn't organise his way out of a paper bag with a water cannon and neither could Mignolet, both of them breed panic in everyone around them. Johnson is quite simply one of the worst regular first team players I've ever seen at this club and contributes absolutely nothing to the way we play.

The majority of the goals we've conceded this season have been down to errors rather than the the shape of the side. There has been to many stupid errors and to many soft goals conceded where the opposition don't have to do anything special to score.

There have been games and occasions were we've been pulled out of the Sh*t by our forwards, but they still get that supply off the midfield we have. Generally, the front 6 this season, since probably November have been superb. Gerrard has been immense, Henderson looks worth the money paid, Suarez is just a genius, Sturridge can't stop scoring goals, Coutinho could spot a pass with a blind fold on in a dark cave and Sterlings gone from an attitude filled little no mark into one of the best wide players in the country and looking like a £25,000,000 player.

The point being, if we improve those three positions, we'll go extremely close again next season, if we don't, we could find ourselves in the europa league places.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:48 am

Ok so should we sign Lallana for 25mil or Shaquiri for 18mil?
killerp

Postby Tim LFC » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:24 pm

This lad might take a while to settle down but he'll be our next Coutinho and Sturridge, as in a quality player for a cheap price. He'll bring power,dynamism and energy to our midfield.
Tim LFC

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:20 pm

killerp » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:48 am wrote:Ok so should we sign Lallana for 25mil or Shaquiri for 18mil?

Neither. We don't need a load of midfield players. Henderson, Coutinho and Gerrard are more than good enough to go into next season as first choice, with Allen already there and the addition of Can (who I have since had on good authority is a "machine") then hopefully the midfield will again be strong this season and able to supply the genius, Sterling, Lambert and Sturridge with the ammunition they need to keep smashing the goals in.

For me now, the priority is the right back, centre half and keeper. If Reina stays and plays, the goalkeeping position is sorted. Which would be fantastic news... if he doesn't I'll be majorly f*cked off if we don't sign a new goalie as I really don't want to have to endure another season of that one we currently have. Johnson is the biggest joke in world football and quite frankly I hope he never pulls a red shirt on ever again.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Stu really had no clue on any matters football related, best not even try to engage him in matters that are obviously above his head. He lack of sense is quite frankly laughable.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Stu, you're being paranoid. The window has just opened, I'm sure that we'll sign players for our weaker spots as well. It's not like we have too many of them, we just need one or two players that would improve us, the rest of our signings should be quality squad rotation players. Another attacking player is also a must.

You're saying that we need a GK, a RB and a CB and I can't disagree with that. Unfortunately, you'll have to forget about a new RB, it won't happen, Johnson is staying for at least another season. I hate it too but that's that. A new GK is 50/50, we could sign a new one, we could keep Reina or we could just stick with Mignolet, I'm not sure what will happen. As for a new CB, I'm 100% sure that a quality CB will be arriving and Agger will probably be sold.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:44 am

LeeRoy, you're dead funny lad. Boss in just about every way. :;):

DamJan I probably am being paranoid. I'm just very worried by our past transfers which in truth, since Rodgers come in have been nothing short of a shambles. I'm also very worried our manager is going to replace Enrique, rather than Johnson which is completely baffling and I'm worried also that he doesn't see mignolet and skrtel for what they are, which is both lacking in quality.

I firmly believe if we impove those three positions adequately we could do very well on all four fronts and start to become a fantastic team. At the minute we have potential and we benefited from having a week to prepare for ever game last season... This season will be a much bigger test and we need the quality to cope
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:24 am

I wouldn't worry too much about right back, as next season will be the final year of Johnson's contract he will be playing to impress potential suitors and it's amazing how well players perform when their contract is running down.
He knows the wages he will earn at his new club will be largely decided by his performances next year so watch him fly.
Beside's whilst Flanno may not be the most naturally gifted footballer on the face of the planet he also won't let anyone down either.
Flanno, like a lot of our other young players (Coutinho, Sterling, Hendo etc) will be better next year simply because players at their age improve as they get older.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:55 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:24 am wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about right back, as next season will be the final year of Johnson's contract he will be playing to impress potential suitors and it's amazing how well players perform when their contract is running down.
He knows the wages he will earn at his new club will be largely decided by his performances next year so watch him fly.
Beside's whilst Flanno may not be the most naturally gifted footballer on the face of the planet he also won't let anyone down either.
Flanno, like a lot of our other young players (Coutinho, Sterling, Hendo etc) will be better next year simply because players at their age improve as they get older.

Yakka, Flanagan won't let us down, that's the point, Johnson has done this season. Flanagan has ability in his use of the ball, tackling, bottle and reading of the game. He'll eventually develop into a leader too. However I don't think he as yet is the complete defender and think he still has a few little tricks to learn to learn to make the most of his ability.

Johnson is quite frankly rubbish mate. I've already covered what he does and doesn't do in a game and I think the words eternal optimist aren't lost on you if you're expecting any kind of even barely acceptable performance from a player with dog average at best ability. He's absolutely nowhere near good enough and I do not want to see him pull on a red shirt ever again. The season before last he was bad, last season was probably as bad a season I've ever seen from a regular first team player. When you think of some of the players that have played for us over the last 20 years thats pretty awful.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:40 am

Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:24 am wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about right back, as next season will be the final year of Johnson's contract he will be playing to impress potential suitors and it's amazing how well players perform when their contract is running down.

Yakka, Flanagan won't let us down, that's the point, Johnson has done this season. Flanagan has ability in his use of the ball, tackling, bottle and reading of the game. He'll eventually develop into a leader too. However I don't think he as yet is the complete defender and think he still has a few little tricks to learn to learn to make the most of his ability.

Johnson is quite frankly rubbish mate. I've already covered what he does and doesn't do in a game and I think the words eternal optimist aren't lost on you if you're expecting any kind of even barely acceptable performance from a player with dog average at best ability. He's absolutely nowhere near good enough and I do not want to see him pull on a red shirt ever again. The season before last he was bad, last season was probably as bad a season I've ever seen from a regular first team player. When you think of some of the players that have played for us over the last 20 years thats pretty awful.

I can't see us buying a right back on top of the left back, center half and keeper that are reputedly coming in.
I think wether we like it or not mate Johnson and Flanagan will be fighting it out for the RB slot next season.
Wether we should be targeting attacking players like Lallana and Shaqiri when there are other area's of the team that are in dire need of strengthening is a whole different argument though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:40 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 am wrote:

I can't see us buying a right back on top of the left back, center half and keeper that are reputedly coming in.
I think wether we like it or not mate Johnson and Flanagan will be fighting it out for the RB slot next season.
Wether we should be targeting attacking players like Lallana and Shaqiri when there are other area's of the team that are in dire need of strengthening is a whole different argument though.

I like Lallana, I have done for years, however, after signing Can I really don't want us to become heavy in a position. Maybe there is a space in the squad for him, but I see Lallana as more of a Coutinho or Henderson type player than a wide player (although he could fill in if desperate there).

I have no idea why we're going for a left back. Enrique is a superb full back (regardless of Carragher's opinion) and quite frankly I can't believe the manager rates Johnson over him. I find that absolutely ludicrous if I'm honest and do find that a bit of a worry. Enrique would probably get into any side in europe and improve them, so why our manager finds him not good enough is beyond me. Whats most concerning is he thinks it to be more of a priority than right back. Going into the season with only one capable premier league standard full back is silly imo.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion