EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Big Sami seems to rate him highly ,that's good enough to be going on with .

The Finn seems to be very impressed by the development Cans: "He has shown that he has everything you need on many positions with the ball he is incredibly, his technique, everything is there, he is strong in one-on-.. one with ball, he is still young. He still needs some patience to always make the right decision. He has yet to learn. And he's smart enough to learn that. He is well on the way to a very good player . "

Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Emre  ,prepare to be beguiled by this glorious club and its fans.

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Hmm Lambert, Can, Moreno, Lallana... if that's the limit of our financial muscle I'll be a little let down.

For one I really hope this Can guy can defend!  :eyebrow
killerp

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Welcome Can, I'm certain that you'll surprise a few on here.

Considering Bayern's buy-back option, it would have activated NEXT season, that's why Bayern didn't sign him in this window, the option wasn't available yet. It has nothing to do with us now of course, we're not obligated to sell him back to Bayern.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:16 pm

damjan193 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:Welcome Can, I'm certain that you'll surprise a few on here.

Considering Bayern's buy-back option, it would have activated NEXT season, that's why Bayern didn't sign him in this window, the option wasn't available yet. It has nothing to do with us now of course, we're not obligated to sell him back to Bayern.

I thought I had read something about that last week but couldnt find the article.

Not sure why bayern didnt just loan him to leverkusen though  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:36 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:16 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:Welcome Can, I'm certain that you'll surprise a few on here.

I thought I had read something about that last week but couldnt find the article.

Not sure why bayern didnt just loan him to leverkusen though  ???

I don't know, I think Leverkusen want it like that. They did the same with Carvahal for example.

Anyway, now that we have a new midfielder, where does that leave Lucas and/or Allen? Will someone be leaving or will they stay to offer depth. I say we keep them both.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kartiek » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 pm

He's too Amrecan to be our next German midfield boss.   :Oo: :sleepy:
kartiek

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Looks quick and runs well with the ball.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:10 pm

kartiek » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:50 pm wrote:He's too Amrecan to be our next German midfield boss.   :Oo: :sleepy:

Is he a yank?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:25 pm

kazza » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:57 pm wrote:

Looks quick and runs well with the ball.

Yeah, he looks like he's got a decent turn of pace there, good ball control too, his passing doesn't look anything to particularly write home about but at the same time it's not bad either.
He is dynamic though which is what we have been crying out for in midfield, it's just a question now if at only 20 he can come to a different country and produce that type of form in an all action league like the prem.
If he can we might have a half decent player on our hands.
Big ask at 20 though.
That compilation has at least given me a bit of hope.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Seems a bit selfish tho. Reading about one of his managers, they said he needs to learn how to make better decisions, and that seemed clear from the video that he ignored quite a few really good options and kept dribbling, and you know Danny and Suarez will have none of that.

If he can learn to make that pass instead of holding, he could be a hell of a player.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:59 pm

From that video he looks to have a good engine, thats all you can really see... So he's likely to replace either Henderson or Gerrard.... Which makes it a puzzling signing as neither of those were anything like the weakest link last season...

We are in dire desperate need of a centre half, right back and keeper... Why aren't we going after these players? These positions can not wait!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:00 am

I don't get it, why does he have to replace anyone? We'll have 50+ games to play next season so it will be impossible to have a fixed starting 11.

Also, every opponent is different. In some games, teams will sit back, invite pressure. That's when you need a more attacking minded side with 4 attacking players. But in other games, teams will try to press us, disturb our rhythm, disallow us to play our game. That's when you need to strengthen the midfield. This is where Emre Can comes in. A bulldog that won't allow the opposition any time to think, constantly pressing them and chasing them. As we've seen so far, Rodgers wants to rotate his squad as much as he can, so there will be plenty of games for everyone.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:11 am

First saw Emre Can play at the U-17 in Mexico in 2011, where he captained a really talented German team.

Rafa Benitez is of the view that the difference between top players is not technical, but mentality.

The semi final game of the U-17 tournament in that year saw Germany play Mexico, with the home team taking the lead and Yesil drawing level shortly. Can then gave them the lead in front of a vociferous home crowd but the Mexicans would tie it.

As the game drew to an end, a badly limping Can drove Germany forward on sheer will. They lost the game to an injury time goal, but the game made me take notice of him...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion