Dudek

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:01 am

what are the chances of him starting on wednesday, would you be happy to see him in goal.

also would you like to see some of the reserves given a run out or should we play safe and start the game with our strongest squad.

PSV didnt offer up much of a goal threat on tuesday but they come to anfield with nothing to lose
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Sabre » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:15 am

I wouldn't play with Dudek under any circunstances.

It's not only a question of quality of goalkeeping. The communication between the goalie and the centre backs is very important, if you only change the goalie, you can bear that but if you change the whole back you notice it a lot (For me that's the reason we received lots of goals against Arsenal in the cup rather than Dudek being cráp).

I wouldn't make experiments in an important game. At this level not paying the proper respect to a premiership team is paid dearly. And the points against Reading are as good as the ones we earnt against Arsenal.

It doesn't seem to me Reina is in need of a rest neither.

P.S. Sorry, I misunderstood the game. Against PSV might be tempting, but still, I wouldn't, just in case. Each point means money in the CL, and not winning would cost us money. I would make a couple of changes against PSV but I wouldn't play a weak team neither, it's a matter of respect aswell.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:20 am

this discussion is playing out in the Reading Away topic, I hope he doesn't play on Wednesday he seems too rusty.  I think at the back we should be at our strongest with maybe Sami playing instead of Agger, and maybe 1 reserve player in midfield and one up top with Fowler.  Also would think it would be possible to see a 4-5-1 because dominating the flow of the game is more of a priority than scoring
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:31 am

this thread is irrelevant because he won't start.

as i've already said, the defence will remain pretty much the same with the changes coming in midfield and upfront.

dudek should have moved on 18 months ago. that way he'd have left a hero.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:32 am

Sabre wrote:I wouldn't play with Dudek under any circunstances.

It's not only a question of quality of goalkeeping. The communication between the goalie and the centre backs is very important, if you only change the goalie, you can bear that but if you change the whole back you notice it a lot (For me that's the reason we received lots of goals against Arsenal in the cup rather than Dudek being cráp).

I wouldn't make experiments in an important game. At this level not paying the proper respect to a premiership team is paid dearly. And the points against Reading are as good as the ones we earnt against Arsenal.

It doesn't seem to me Reina is in need of a rest neither.

P.S. Sorry, I misunderstood the game. Against PSV might be tempting, but still, I wouldn't, just in case. Each point means money in the CL, and not winning would cost us money. I would make a couple of changes against PSV but I wouldn't play a weak team neither, it's a matter of respect aswell.

ditto sabre, i agree with you.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:46 am

this is another classic example of the media (who incidentally haven't said a good word about liverpool for umpteen years) trying to put us down again. rafa benitez has won 2 major trophies in the last two years. wenger and fergie have won bugger all apart from 1 carling cup. however it's supposedly our manager who is under pressure? it's ridiculous. I mean wenger is now approximately 10 years down his "rebuilding process" at arsenal. our manager came in with quite possibly the worst liverpool squad i've seen on 15 years and still won the champions league. players such as dudek, traore, biscan and baros would get nowhere near a liverpool first 11 now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:13 am

No fooking around.

Full strength team against PSV.

Let's finish the job with no risks.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:36 am

Definitely not!

I wouldn't let him near the goal ever again, given the choice.

He's a f*cking liability.

We need to ensure safe passage into the next round. If PSV see a relatively unchanged side from the one which pummeled them in Holland, they will hand us the tie themselves, knowing that they cannot beat us.

We start f*cking about putting sh*te like Dudek between the sticks, and they'll think "Hey - we can do this! Let's show the cocky f*ckers we're not pushovers!"

No, no and no.

Reina to start, with a strong team ahead of him, please.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:47 am

I'd go with:

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Riise

Pennant/Alonso (Gerrard on the right if Alonso plays)
Gerrard
Mascherano
Zenden

Fowler
Bellamy.

Something like that. Hopefully Robbie and Bellamy will start upfront. They will play quite an open game I would expect, after the first half an hour or so. Alot more so than at home anyway. which will allow Bellamy to exploit the space.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:27 am

Stu.Murph wrote:I'd go with:

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Riise

Pennant/Alonso (Gerrard on the right if Alonso plays)
Gerrard
Mascherano
Zenden

Fowler
Bellamy.

Something like that. Hopefully Robbie and Bellamy will start upfront. They will play quite an open game I would expect, after the first half an hour or so. Alot more so than at home anyway. which will allow Bellamy to exploit the space.

:laugh:

Heres my team for PSV :

Reina

Arbeloa   Carra   Hyypia  Riise

Pennant  Gerrard Alonso  Gonzalez

Crouch Bellamy

No explanation, I'll be back in a couple of games to post my next line-up  :D
66-1112520797

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:28 am

I remember one week he done his team 4 times over depending on varying circumstances and weather or not certain players were injured or fit...
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Dudek shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR our champions league campaign....ok we're 3-0 up but PSV only need an early goal anto put the pressure on. Personally i'd rest Gerrard and use a strong midfield of

Pennant
Alonso
Mascherano
Sissoko
Zenden

with Bellamy up front on his own
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:59 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Dudek shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR our champions league campaign....ok we're 3-0 up but PSV only need an early goal anto put the pressure on. Personally i'd rest Gerrard and use a strong midfield of

Pennant
Alonso
Mascherano
Sissoko
Zenden

Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Dudek. Loved the guy. He was a hero in Istanbul, but........... FFS, startin him wensdy wud be akin to to poppin my head in an unlit gas oven with the supply turned on full! :p  I mean Jerzy no harm, but I don't think the 'keeper position is one to mess with unless neccessary. Lets face it, we've let in next to nowt all season at Anfield with Reina between the sticks, but Jerzy leaked 9 in 2 games against Wenger's kids!!

NO!!!!!!!! ???
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:20 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Dudek shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR our champions league campaign....ok we're 3-0 up but PSV only need an early goal anto put the pressure on. Personally i'd rest Gerrard and use a strong midfield of

Pennant
Alonso
Mascherano
Sissoko
Zenden

another thought out post from spew the red
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion