Drummerphil tributes & rememberance - Leave your respects he

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby brenitez » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:25 pm

R.I.P PHIL MATE......

you'll never walk alone
brenitez

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:20 pm

When yesterday morning I read the news, my skin went "chicken-skin" I was shocked. I started to read the answers with no emotions, I was sort of "blocked".

Then at some point started to cry as I haven't done since long ago.

At the night I had a dream with Drummerphil in it. He appeared big as the last photo he sent us. For some reason he came to San Sebastian, with his brother (not sure if he has one, probably not, but he came with him in the dream, Karen wasn't there). He was sick and with the neck thickened. I said hello to his brother, and asked Phil how he was doing. Apparently he couldn't speak but he smiled me. Then I woke up.

Today I haven't cried. I've been thinking of Drummerphil and some of the things he wrote. Many will remember how he' lived the matches, how he dispaired with Morientes, the Welsh Wizard thread, but I've remembered some other posts of his, that I don't need to search in the forum, because they'll be in my memory forever.

I remember a thread that we were discussing about nowadays youth, last year or so. We were discussing wether the cain should be brought back, given the violence nowadays youngster have.

Phil wrote an impressive post about his youth. How his father tought him discipline, how he sometimes was tought lessons with the belt, or the slips.

I remember I answered back I too had a severe father, perhaps not that much, but I wrote him some of the things my father tought me (not to look down when he was speaking to me, that I also knew the belt as punnishment and things like that).

He simply answered "Maybe my friend, our two countries are not that different as I thought".

Perhaps that was meaningless for other members, but had a lot of meaning to me. I'll remember that many years, if not all my life.

Drummerphil, you're in my heart already.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sat_macker » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:46 am

Firstly, forgive me for posting here as I'm not a football fan but simply a friend of Phil, and have been following the various threads on here since his illness started to overcome him. My reason for posting now is simply to say thank you to you all. I know how much Phil thought of you all, and how much all of you and this forum meant to him. I remember when he was in hospital and had no internet access, he really did make Karen print out all of your well wishes (including daily updates !) and how upset he was at not being able to respond to you all in person (not least because of the odd spelling mistake that Karen made in his dictated replies, which he pointed out with great vigour !). He even tried to talk us into hacking the hospitals own wireless network to get him online, thats how much you all meant to him..............

The wit and sense of humour that you have all come to know was Phil all over, the glass was always half full in his eyes. He spoke his mind and told you it how it was and even at the end he refused to give in or give up. To be honest, knowing Phil and the way he was, it was hard to accept that his illness had finally gotten the better of him and his passing hadn't really sank in with me until I sat here this morning and read through the threads again, at which point it seemed to finally hit home.

You are a shining example of all that is good within people. You are a credit to this forum, your football club, in fact the entire human race, and any organisation should feel priviledged and be honoured to count you as supporters of it's cause.

So from one friend to many of his others, thank you again.

May none of you ever walk alone ...................
sat_macker

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:58 am

sat_macker wrote:Firstly, forgive me for posting here as I'm not a football fan but simply a friend of Phil, and have been following the various threads on here since his illness started to overcome him. My reason for posting now is simply to say thank you to you all. I know how much Phil thought of you all, and how much all of you and this forum meant to him. I remember when he was in hospital and had no internet access, he really did make Karen print out all of your well wishes (including daily updates !) and how upset he was at not being able to respond to you all in person (not least because of the odd spelling mistake that Karen made in his dictated replies, which he pointed out with great vigour !). He even tried to talk us into hacking the hospitals own wireless network to get him online, thats how much you all meant to him..............

The wit and sense of humour that you have all come to know was Phil all over, the glass was always half full in his eyes. He spoke his mind and told you it how it was and even at the end he refused to give in or give up. To be honest, knowing Phil and the way he was, it was hard to accept that his illness had finally gotten the better of him and his passing hadn't really sank in with me until I sat here this morning and read through the threads again, at which point it seemed to finally hit home.

You are a shining example of all that is good within people. You are a credit to this forum, your football club, in fact the entire human race, and any organisation should feel priviledged and be honoured to count you as supporters of it's cause.

I speak on behalf of the entire forum when i say you've no need to thank us.

It was Phil's character that made the difference. He inspired people on here like few others could.

You take care mate.  :)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:01 am

sat_macker wrote:Firstly, forgive me for posting here as I'm not a football fan but simply a friend of Phil, and have been following the various threads on here since his illness started to overcome him. My reason for posting now is simply to say thank you to you all. I know how much Phil thought of you all, and how much all of you and this forum meant to him. I remember when he was in hospital and had no internet access, he really did make Karen print out all of your well wishes (including daily updates !) and how upset he was at not being able to respond to you all in person (not least because of the odd spelling mistake that Karen made in his dictated replies, which he pointed out with great vigour !). He even tried to talk us into hacking the hospitals own wireless network to get him online, thats how much you all meant to him..............

thanks for the great words, like i said before Phil is a legend on here, even whilst ill his humour and ability to shoot someone down never wavered.

thanks for taking the time to come on here and thank evryone, i know some on here were much closer to phil than i was but it is still a loss for everyone on here, i know i cant believe that he will never post on here again.

thanks again 

YNWA
112-1077774096

Postby matrix » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:04 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:

I speak on behalf of the entire forum when i say you've no need to thank us.

It was Phil's character that made the difference. He inspired people on here like few others could.

You take care mate.  :)

sat macker...   thanks for your post mate...

any friend of the late phil is welcome on here anytime...

PHIL DRUMMERPHIL RIP MATE...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:10 am

If they're right when they say the measure of the man is by how many will miss hiim, Phil has walked not out, but on, with more than most.
tel

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:09 am

Thanx Sat Macker for your kind words, any friend of Phils is a friend of ours.
We will miss him dearly it feels like the heart has been ripped from the forum because this happening has effected so many on here.
I must say I am very proud of my fellow newkitters and we are all together like a big family even though most of us dont know each other.
It makes you proud to be a Liverpool fan nowhere else would I have met such a bunch of caring people.
You stay strong Sat.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blur » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:12 am

Dear Karen & family,

I do not personally know Phil but I have followed his thread quite closely. It came as quite a shock when I found out that he has passed on.

I know it's not easy and that words and consolations have a tendency of sounding hollow at times like these. BUt rest assured, you are in our thoughts thru these difficult times.

Drummerphil, RIP and YNWA. You will be sorely missed....
blur

Postby Sarge » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:38 am

Here's from Rafa's Red Army Malaysian Chapter:

REST IN PEACE Drummerphil
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby FRfanatic » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Rather new here. U don't know me ,I don't know you
I have been moved with your stories. Lot of strengh to Karen and the family

YNWA
FRfanatic

Postby Redangel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:52 pm

Just registered as I felt I had to pay my respects to Drummerphil.
I've been reading these posts for quite some time and like lots of others enjoyed his posts and was shocked to find out about his problems and so admired the way he dealt with them. I felt genuinely sorry when I read that he had passed away as I too prayed that a miracle may happen. I send my deepest sympathy to Karen and his children and family.
I've been a Liverpool supporter for more years than I care to admit to and have never felt prouder to be apart of this worldwide family than I have reading all the posts of support for Drummerphil. God bless you all.

RIP Drummerphil YNWA.
Redangel

Postby zarababe » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:43 pm

Thank you for your kind words, sorry for your loss too.

Phil will always be a part of this forum, admired and inspirational to many, epitomising why sometimes those who suffer with illness, display an inner strength to face the challenges..

The place will never be the same .. it has changed already..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:47 pm

I've been thinking over the last few days about Phil and the kinda guy he was!

A very close family member of mine passed away a few months back from the same illness Phil had.
Phil was are of the grief in our family while my grandfather was ill and when he finally passed.
The thing that always struck me as special about Phil was that when we chatted,the first thing he always typed was 'Hows your Grandad mate?'

Despite his own suffering,pain and discomfort...there he was every single time asking about the health and condition of a relative of someone he had never even met in a different country...To me thats pretty special and speaks volumes of the type of man he was!
We all know he had humour and wit and a passion for LFC...but above all he had a big heart and was as genuine as they come!

Im sure we all know that the forum has suffered a huge loss...the internet is full of foneys and fakes,we only need to come look at all the aliases on here at times to back that up!

People as real and genuine as Phil dont come around very often!

Good luck wherever you are Phil!
66-1120597113

Postby Dalglish » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:09 pm

When we say "You'll Never Walk Alone" , we mean it. We have lost one of our own and the pain is tangible and deep.

I was touched by Phil's unassuming nature self effacing attitude. I had the privalege of talking with him about his condition and he was candid about it's effects and the implications. Depsite the obvious discomfort and pain he was in not once did I detect an ounce of self pity or "why me ?" in his approach. It takes a special person to face up to such a predicament but Phil did so with astonishing bravery and honesty.

Look back and remember his valuable input into your life both as a poster and as a friend because his like don't come around that often.

They say that friends are strangers we have never met. Phil was someone I never met but counted as a friend......

R.I.P Friend ...............................................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion