Tributes to the kaizer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:38 pm

:laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:23 pm

Ciggy wrote:The thing is though he just didnt want to leave, we didnt want him to leave he must be really p1ssed off and upset now even with that Bolton U-turn for the 2rd time, Dietmar Gerrard, I mean he must have walked into the Bolton setup and said WTF is this :censored:, think he might feel the same about Man City aswell TBH.
As long as you know Didi we didnt want you to go lad, you will always be a special player to us and we will never forget what you done for us.

Good luck lad.

Agree with you Ciggy.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:40 am

Best player in his position in the Premiership.

F*ck Makelele - Didi - you're the best.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:56 am

The fact remains that when Hamann played Liverpool rarely lost.

By all accounts a smoker, a gambler and a terrible trainer destroying the mtyh that the modern day footballer has to be super fit. He had a bucket full of football know how and alongside Roger Hunt the only LFC players to play in a World Cup Final.

Entered the Hall Of Fame for his exploits in Istanbul , particularly his threats at hlaf time to break Gattusso's legs if he started prematurely celebrating the winning of the European Cup  !!!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:19 am

Dalglish wrote:The fact remains that when Hamann played Liverpool rarely lost.

By all accounts a smoker, a gambler and a terrible trainer destroying the mtyh that the modern day footballer has to be super fit. He had a bucket full of football know how and alongside Roger Hunt the only LFC players to play in a World Cup Final.

Entered the Hall Of Fame for his exploits in Istanbul , particularly his threats at hlaf time to break Gattusso's legs if he started prematurely celebrating the winning of the European Cup  !!!!! :D

Living legend - what more can any of us say?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:19 am

Thankyou for your service Didi.

Respect.

Best of luck in the future.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:22 am

Yeah..

RESPEK.

Dietmar Hamman..

You will be greatly missed. :(
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:14 am

hail hamann!

2001 European SuperCup winner (Liverpool)
1996 UEFA Cup winner (Bayern Munich)
2001 UEFA Cup winner (Liverpool)
1994 Bundesliga Champions (Bayern Munich)
1998 German Cup winner (Bayern Munich)
2001 FA Cup winner (Liverpool)
2001 League Cup winner (Liverpool)
2003 League Cup winner (Liverpool)
2001 Charity Shield winner (Liverpool)
2002 World Cup Finalists (ALLEMAGNE)
2005 Champions Cup (Liverpool)
2005 Super Cup (LIverpool)
2006 FA Cup (liverpool)

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:15 am

says hamann of why he made that u-turn
(thought he got spat there by diouf  :D )

"It sounds like I made a decision to go to Bolton yesterday, but turned round and told them I was not coming, But this is not the case." I signed for Bolton four or five weeks ago, but realised a few days later that I made the mistake, that I made the wrong decision.

"I made the decision too quick because it was only the day before that I left Liverpool. I informed the club a few days later that I would like to go somewhere else if possible, that I had made a mistake. And after a week the club told me I was open to speak to other clubs.

There were a few clubs interested, Man City was one of them, and I am here now.I was at Liverpool for seven years and I had one year left, I had a word with the gaffer and decided it was the time to move,"

"I had the offer from Bolton for a few weeks and thought it was the right thing to do. But after going on holiday I felt it wasn't the right decision. It is something I have got to live with and they allowed me to speak to other clubs. As soon as I heard Man City was interested I made my mind up pretty quickly and I am happy to be here now.

"We found a solution everyone can live with. I regret making that mistake, but you make them in life and I am happy we found a solution which everyone is reasonably happy with."
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:53 am

Didi paid £375,000 for a city makeover
By PETER FERGUSON 10:03am 13th July 2006

Dietmar Hamann completed the summer's most bizarre transfer yesterday — Liverpool to Manchester City via Bolton Wanderers — then admitted: "I made a mistake, but we all make them."

The veteran midfielder's clanger, he insisted, was to sign for Bolton so soon after taking the momentous decision to quit Liverpool after seven years and a famous Champions League victory.

When the 32-year-old German changed his mind, Bolton were furious but eventually gave Hamann his freedom, and Manchester City won the race ahead of Everton for his services.

City have paid Bolton a token £300,000 fee, even though he was a Wanderer for barely a few hours.

Bolton had paid a similar amount to Liverpool, where Hamann had a year to go on his contract, while the player himself is also thought to have paid Bolton around £375,000 to cancel their agreement.

Senior City figures insisted that the club had not turned Hamann's head with a higher offer to induce him to sign the two-year deal he hopes will not be his final playing contract in football.

Manager Stuart Pearce also pointed out that he had sought and received the blessing of Bolton boss Sam Allardyce before launching any transfer talks.

Nevertheless, Hamann could not quite explain the U-turn that became an unexpected drama on Tuesday when Liverpool suddenly announced that the player had left to join Bolton.

He revealed: "It sounds like I made the decision yesterday, but I signed for Bolton four or five weeks ago and realised a few days later I had made a mistake, the wrong decision.

"Just the day before I decided to leave Liverpool, the manager told me that I would be playing even fewer games than I had last season. I maybe made the decision to go too quickly.

"I informed Bolton a few days later I'd made a mistake and would like to go somewhere else. After a week they told me I was welcome to speak to other clubs — City was one of them.

"At the time I thought it was the right thing to do, but after going on holiday and thinking about it I knew it wasn't the right decision.

"We've found a solution that I think everybody can live with. I regret making that mistake, but you make mistakes in life. I'm happy to be here now."

Hamann will not have endeared himself to his new club's fans by asserting that 'getting City into Europe would be the same as winning the league or a cup with Liverpool — they have different expectations here'.

But Pearce, who recalled Hamann as Nobby Solano's horseracing pal in their days together at Newcastle, is satisfied that he has landed a football thoroughbred to enhance City's prospects.

Pearce said: "He's a leader, and the more of those you have in the dressing room the more matches you win. I told him he could take it easy on his first training run. He didn't, just as I knew he wouldn't.

"That's the mark of the man. Look at his record — he's won everything. He will be there fighting for a place and helping the youngsters around him."

Pearce's latest meeting with contract rebel Joey Barton — a £3million target for Middlesbrough — could achieve a breakthrough soon. Barton believes the chances of reaching an agreement on a new deal "are now about 60-40".
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:59 am

as written by city official site

Top 10 Didi facts

13/07/2006 11:05

City have completed the capture of Dietmar Hamann, and here are a few intersting facts that you might like to know about the experienced German international midfielder.
1. Broke a toe after coming on in the 2005 Champions League finals win with a broken toe. However, this did not stop him from taking and scoring the vital first penalty with that broken toe.

2. Holds the record for the number of completed passes in the English Premiership.

3. Part of a Bayern Munich side that won two Bundesligas and the UEFA Cup in his time there.

4. Runners-up medal from the 2002 World Cup.

5. Last player to score at the old Wembley Stadium.

6. His introduction as a second-half substitute in the 2005 Champions League final and this year's FA Cup final steadied the Liverpool midfield and inspired two great comebacks.

7. An ever-present in the German team at France 98, Euro 2000, the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004.

8. Was Liverpool's record signing when Gerard Houllier bought him from Newcastle United for £8million in 1999.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bornagainred » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:05 pm

didi hamman should still be at liverpool i believe this was a rafa mistake that willcome back to haunt us.we could have got 3 more years from didi anfield legend. we know you loved us cos you kept winking at us.god bless hope you get everthing you dream of.
bornagainred

Postby Mark 23 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:27 pm

Maybe another season but not 3
Mark 23

Postby coddy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:30 pm

Yeah and they beat ManUre in a friendly............ ooooops wrong kaizers
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:49 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:as written by city official site

Top 10 Didi facts

13/07/2006 11:05

City have completed the capture of Dietmar Hamann, and here are a few intersting facts that you might like to know about the experienced German international midfielder.
1. Broke a toe after coming on in the 2005 Champions League finals win with a broken toe. However, this did not stop him from taking and scoring the vital first penalty with that broken toe.

2. Holds the record for the number of completed passes in the English Premiership.

3. Part of a Bayern Munich side that won two Bundesligas and the UEFA Cup in his time there.

4. Runners-up medal from the 2002 World Cup.

5. Last player to score at the old Wembley Stadium.

6. His introduction as a second-half substitute in the 2005 Champions League final and this year's FA Cup final steadied the Liverpool midfield and inspired two great comebacks.

7. An ever-present in the German team at France 98, Euro 2000, the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004.

8. Was Liverpool's record signing when Gerard Houllier bought him from Newcastle United for £8million in 1999.

Fact number 8 is wrong cos Collymore cost £8.5m  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion