DRUMMERPHIL'S THREAD - DONATIONS, PRAYERS AND GOODWILL MESSAGES

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:06 pm

I logged into the forum today, wondering about things like how Alonso and Garcia's niggles were after last night's game, and if there were links to reaction to Noel White's resignation.

Then I saw the topic at the top of the list and my heart utterly sank.

Phil, you were an absolute inspiration, and throughout your painful days, weeks and months you found the strength to see light in everything, and to let your utterly wonderful sense of humour get you through. You were and are an absolute legend to those of us that had the good fortune to come across you on this little part of the internet, and if you get to rest in peace now, free of the pain that's been a constant in your life for so long, then we can take heart in that.

I'm just so sorry that your wonderful Karen and your gorgeous kids are without a treasured husband and father. Steroids can't be a c*nt to you anymore. Pain can't touch you. I hope now you're drumming to your heart's content, and that you're walking, running, and reliving all of your favourite LFC moments on a cloud of your own, with a 70" plasma screen that doesn't hurt your eyes when you look at it. I hope you're playing three-and-in with all of the Anfield legends that have fallen before you, and I hope that you've got the biggest smile on your face.

It's at times like this that I hope and I pray that I'm wrong and that there is a God. If there is, he's going to be taught some dirty f*cking jokes tonight, and he's got a drinking buddy that he'll be giving VIP treatment to up in heaven forevermore.

Rest in peace Drummerphil. Celebrate his life Karen and family.

He never walked alone, and he never, ever will.

All my love, Stu (aka ivor_the_injun)
ivor_the_injun

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:17 pm

Oh man! :sniffle

This is really sad news, best wishes to karen and his family, I hope for the best in the future Karen and keep being strong in hard times like this.

He is with God now and sitting with two of Liverpool greats, Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley!

YNWA Phil and Rest in Peace! You will be forever missed   :(

:down:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:22 pm

I'm just so sorry that your wonderful Karen and your gorgeous kids are without a treasured husband and father. Steroids can't be a c*nt to you anymore. Pain can't touch you. I hope now you're drumming to your heart's content, and that you're walking, running, and reliving all of your favourite LFC moments on a cloud of your own, with a 70" plasma screen that doesn't hurt your eyes when you look at it. I hope you're playing three-and-in with all of the Anfield legends that have fallen before you, and I hope that you've got the biggest smile on your face.

He might do that the first days in heaven. But  he'll find Bill Shankly soon enough and together will keep inspiring the hearts of the Liverpool players, helping the team to achieve another glorious night.

I've told my mates of Real Sociedad forum the respect I have towards Phil. And they wanted to send condolences from their behalf to all the Liverpool community.

YNWA
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:19 pm

:(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:23 pm

R.I.P Phil.

Stay strong Karen, you have more friends thinking of you & your family than you will ever know.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby andypool2285 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:37 pm

I just one to say i didnt know phil but im so sad and i looked up to him and his posts some funny some sad.:(
andypool2285

Postby flombs » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:24 pm

Very sad news. My condolences to your family Karen. Keep strong.:(
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:23 am

I've been unable to log on here for a while, and the first I knew about this was when I recieved a message from Dalglish earlier today. (Sent yesterday.) Sorry for the delay.

Phil - Inspirational, caring Phil. You will be missed, mate. You made this World a better place, and you'd better keep a couple of hundred seats free up there because we'll all come for that pint with you when it's time.
Rest in Peace dude. And try not to keep the Angels awake with your drums, eh? :)

Karen - what can I say? I met you both, and I'm just gutted. Although I only spoke to you both for a little while, it was obvious that you were both decent, caring, normal people who shared a great deal of love for one another, and who's plight had touched the hearts of us on Newkit.

I was a little apprehensive about meeting you two, not because I thought you were going to be horrible or anything like that, just that I felt it may have been an imposition on my part.

Having spent 2 minutes in your company, I knew that I had made the right choice.

From what you and he told me that afternoon, Phil was a loving partner, father, brother and friend.

I shall remember him as such.

As cliched as this has become, You'll Never Walk Alone, Karen. That is the truth.

Best wishes at this awful time.

Love from me and everyone on Newkit,

Paul. :(
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:20 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I've been unable to log on here for a while, and the first I knew about this was when I recieved a message from Dalglish earlier today. (Sent yesterday.) Sorry for the delay.

Phil - Inspirational, caring Phil. You will be missed, mate. You made this World a better place, and you'd better keep a couple of hundred seats free up there because we'll all come for that pint with you when it's time.
Rest in Peace dude. And try not to keep the Angels awake with your drums, eh? :)

Karen - what can I say? I met you both, and I'm just gutted. Although I only spoke to you both for a little while, it was obvious that you were both decent, caring, normal people who shared a great deal of love for one another, and who's plight had touched the hearts of us on Newkit.

I was a little apprehensive about meeting you two, not because I thought you were going to be horrible or anything like that, just that I felt it may have been an imposition on my part.

Having spent 2 minutes in your company, I knew that I had made the right choice.

From what you and he told me that afternoon, Phil was a loving partner, father, brother and friend.

I shall remember him as such.

As cliched as this has become, You'll Never Walk Alone, Karen. That is the truth.

Best wishes at this awful time.

Love from me and everyone on Newkit,

Paul. :(

such nice words lando...  im so gutted...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:04 am

mrsDrummerphil wrote:No easy way to tell you all but Phil passed away today fighting all the way but peacefully and pain free.

Not upto details at the moment but know Phil is in your hearts and as I type this Liverpool are on the TV!

YNWA

:down: so sorry for your loss Karen..

There are no words of comfort - you have been so strong may your strength continue ..
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:35 am

Phil- i'm so sorry you've had to leave your lovely wife Karen and your children- but i really hope that you're now in peace and can watch over them pain-free.

My thoughts are with you all- Rest In Peace

YNWA
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Jedi » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:02 am

Phil,

I did not know you at all. However for all these posts I can see what a well loved and respected guy you are on here. Glad to see you got married and glad you spent your last days with your famliy. It what I would want.

Karen,

My heart goes out to your famliy, I lost my mother very young to cancer so can understand how much hurt your children are going through. Keep Stong and keep smiling.

My prayers are with you and your famliy

Jedi :(
Jedi

Postby coddy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:06 pm

Don't forget to leave your respects here.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:53 am

whatever religions we may be, we pray in unison.

RIP good mate! :(
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:40 am

im so sorry to hear about the tragic news. Been working away and have just logged on and im gutted. Karen, at least Phil is at peace! He'll be with Bill and Bob talking about his Liverpool.

Keep Strong, Hold On YNWA x
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion