Do you think our club is clean - Drugs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:09 am

with all the reports of drug taking in football coming out , do you think our club is clean or do you think it will be just a mater of time before we find out it is not ...

NEWS OF THE WORLD INVESTIGATES: Anonymous Premiership hero's shock confession blows the lid off drug taking in soccer

THREE England heroes are today accused of being brazen cocaine users — in revelations that will rock football.

The Premiership aces publicly snort the designer drug at nightclubs, surrounded by their cronies.

But a fellow England star who has witnessed their antics is so disgusted he now feels compelled to speak out.

The player reveals his fellow aces:

Beat drugs tests thanks to tip offs that can cost £30,000 a time.

Take over the entire VIP section of a nightclub so they can snort the drug off the tables.

Are careful never to carry the cocaine themselves, but get "mules" to take it inside a club for them.

And they have binges the night after a match so their bodies can recover before training.

Positive

The horrified England star, who only spoke on condition he stayed anonymous because of feared reprisals, revealed: "I've been offered cocaine by international players who you would not believe.

"I've seen players completely off their heads, falling about. These are the players who turn up late for training but they still manage to get into the first team. It is shocking."

His claims come days after Chelsea's Romanian striker Adrian Mutu tested positive for cocaine.

Two of the stars in the latest revelations are England aces—while the third made his name in the 1990s.

PLAYER ONE is a household name admired by millions of young soccer fans. He has been capped many times and is currently in the first team of a major club in the South.

PLAYER TWO is a prominent star who has also been capped on a string of occasions. He also plays in the South.

PLAYER THREE is known for his silky skills on the ball. He has been capped more than once. He currently plays in the first team of a top side in the North.

The three players are believed to be part of a wider group of stars who all take drugs.

The horrified England player said: "I've been out with them at clubs where they've said to me, ‘Do you want a line?'

"We go into the corner of the VIP area. It's contained and no one can see what is happening. They then snort the cocaine off tables.

Fortune

"The other trick is to book all the tables in the VIP area so no one we don't know can get in.

"The players usually get the drug off people in the club. I've never touched it. But every time I'm out I get offered it." The star revealed London club Chinawhite was a firm mid-week favourite.

He added: "We just pile in and start drinking. Loads goes on. You've got Page 3 models—and we order £4,500 magnums of Kristal champagne. We spend a fortune.

"But these players will never get caught over cocaine because they know when tests will take place. They just don't take any of the drug that week.

"That's how it works—those that know, know. Those that don't know, don't. Those that do pay-offs, they'll get told, ‘Listen, a test is coming, do you want to know the date?' The reason Mutu got caught was because he was cocky and never listened."

The England player said there was no suggestion testers themselves were corrupt. But it would be easy for other people who come into contact with them to pass information.

He went on: "You could pay £30,000 cash for a drug-test tip-off, which is worth it. Giving up a week's wages for your career.

"I must repeat again, these guys, they're top players, top players—I mean guys you wouldn't believe.

"I remember last year we ended up in a club after a match and the boys were taking drugs again.

Cracked

"It's like, let's drink champagne and get some drugs.

The fans have absolutely no idea what is happening.

"These players will never get caught because they've cracked the system, which is supposed to be their watchdog."

"They play for their country while taking illegal drugs. Football has become crazy. It's out of control."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:16 am

lakes10

The Beeb did a report on Saturday and I think the analysis was that a large proportion of players knew someone who regularly took drugs ( I think it was 40% but stand to be corrected).

We all know it goes on from the lifestyles they allude to so comes as no surprise.

Why don't the clubs and FA do something?

Well they are scared of what they might find, knowing it goes on and the implications of if they officially confirm it will cost them money. They see it far better to leave well alone particularly if they are still performing.

I think in Chelsea's case the manager noticed is sulleness (wasn't training or playing well) and asked for him to be tested.

If clubs really wanted to stamp it out they would introduce theri own drug testing and if the FA chose to stamp down on it they would ban the players but too much money at stake for it to take place at present.

What we need is a major shift in culture where football players are treated like any other sportsman but at present they get treated more like movies stars.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:22 am

kindaconfused i think you make a good point about the culture that we are now in.
drugs seem to be a fashion accesories that goes with having a lot of money and being famous sadley top sportsman fall into this group
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:25 am

I done a topic on Rooney and ferdinand and if anyone seen the pictures of ferdinand on wednesday he had more than a warm pint of shandy :;):  :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:16 am

You want to know my guess for who he's talking about :D

1. Sol Campbell or Ashlee Cole - Arsene Wenger has mentioned before he believes that some of his players have taken drugs.
2. Possibly Jermain Defoe ???
3. Kieron Dyer
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:20 pm

it's disgraceful, really, they are adored by millions and paid millions to play the game we all love and we would die to be in their shoes, and they just show blatant dispresepce to their clubs and fans when they take drugs, the penalties need to be harsh and players need to reprimanded to stamp it out of the game.

I wouldn't excuse any Liverpool player any more than a player from another club, to take a quote from the school couciller in south park, drugs are bad okk.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:49 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Diouf has been into recreational stuff, he seems daft enough.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:02 pm

isnt it obvious?

number 3 is Mcmanaman
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:07 pm

Nice one Jim, that would be a laugh, particularly if it revealed a big drug culture at RM. But equally could be serious if it was when he was at LFC, but who knows in the Evans, spice boy's era. As your namesake put it
''Drug's, Sex and Rock & Roll''
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:10 pm

no you misunderstand. it IS mcmananman
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:15 pm

He is taking them now ?
A bad habit he brought back from Madrid ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:17 pm

I DONT KNOW ABOUT NOW, I KNOW HE USED TO.  THE ARTICLE ISNT GOING ON ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE DO NOW, ITS JUST GOIN ON ABOUT FOOTBALLERS ON DRUGS.
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:19 pm

What about his mate Robbie ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:57 pm

no question
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:23 pm

If the clubs brought compulsory tests in then the players would have to comply.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion