Juve clean up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:09 pm

Italian football has always been corrupt, and the whole football world has always known it to be the case, it was only a matter of time before the sh.it hit the fan.

If Juve do get relegated and there's going to be a clearout then Trezeguet would be the one I'd want.  Ibrahimovich is too hit and miss and as far as wide midfielders go they don't have any that stand out imo.  All our other positions are pretty much filled for next season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 12, 2006 2:18 pm

I don’t think that Juventus will be heavily punished. It seems that football in Italy is controlled by the people at the top and they do as they like, bit like the Bush administration in America.

Too be honest I wouldnt like many of there players if any, Camoranesi is overrated, most there good players are coming to the end of there careers, Trezeguet is similar to Crespo in that he doesn’t have much influence outside of his goals, his a movement player, isn’t really what we want in my opinion, Ibrahimovic has bags of talent but too many flaws.

So no, I don’t want any of there players even IF they did become available, and even if we did, it is unlikely they would come, as most would stay in Italy.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 12, 2006 2:22 pm

P.S. This thread seems to have strayed away from Liverpool talk, maybe it should be moved?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 pm

It should be moved  :D

They wont get relegated, just give the Italian FA a few euros :D  Its also common practice in Italy and some cans of worms you just dont want to open
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 12, 2006 2:29 pm

I reckon we should appeal to UEFA and ask for a replay of the second leg of the European Cup semi in 1965. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Fri May 12, 2006 2:30 pm

stmichael wrote:I reckon we should appeal to UEFA and ask for a replay of the second leg of the European Cup semi in 1965. :D

With the original players  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Fri May 12, 2006 5:36 pm

taff wrote:
stmichael wrote:I reckon we should appeal to UEFA and ask for a replay of the second leg of the European Cup semi in 1965. :D

With the original players  :D

Them fuckers at ITV4 would love that  :D
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 73-1141222089 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:56 pm

If proven..... the authorities need to come down HARD on the perpetrators....

Rumours bout the Italian league and the apparent widespread corruption have been whispered for years.

However, from the little knowledge that I have on the press in general, this report needs to be taken with a large grain of salt at the mo.
You know what the blighters are like..... they'll sensationalize every thing given half a chance.....
(Take the treatment we've had on some rags on Heysel FFS!!)

If true however and they get relegated.... I'd pull out all stops to get Zambrotta..... far and away the best Left-back inthe world IMO.... :p
73-1141222089

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri May 12, 2006 5:59 pm

0asis wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
dward wrote:any sources A.B?

try this  :;):

No where in the article does it say that Juventus will be relegated or stripped of last years Seria A title. It just says that the board have resigned.

Did I say it did?  ???

no
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Fri May 12, 2006 6:04 pm

There was some conterversy over the Cannavarro transfer basically he was given to Juve on a arrangment that Juve wouldnt bid for Stankovic a few years ago and they would eventually get Cannavarro for feck all Free transfer in the end one of the best defenders in the world.

Same goes when Buffon getting injured this season Ac Milan the title rivals and supposed enemy loan Juve their second choice keeper Abiatti former international basically like Chelsea lending Cudicini if Reina got injured to Liverpool.

If i was offered any player from Juve amazed no one yet said Buffon the best goal keeper in the world.
Squigels

Postby EddieC » Fri May 12, 2006 6:12 pm

I used to like Camaronesi until the Arsenal game. Anyone who can laugh when they've left their team in the lurch by getting sent off isn't LFC material. Personally I would take Nedved, but the rest of them are arrogant c*nts and I wouldn't want them here.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri May 12, 2006 6:57 pm

Tbh i wouldn't take any of them apart from Zlatan.I know he's known to be a trouble maker but you can't deny his talent.

Apart from that noone.
Last edited by H_K_LFC on Fri May 12, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri May 12, 2006 8:02 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:Tbh i wouldn't take any of them apart from Zlatan.I know he's known to be a trouble maker but you can't deny his talent.

Apart from that noone.

Bellamy for instance has scored more goals than any of our strikers in the Premiership, but people don't want him near our club due to his attitude. I'm not comparing Bellamy and Ibrahimovic in terms of ability, but people are well aware of what Ibrahimovic can do. It's the fact that he's a tit and has got into fist fights with his team-mates in training.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri May 12, 2006 8:04 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:I'm not sure if you lot are aware of the current scandal involving Juventus. Tapes have been founding with conversations between members of the board from Juve and the Italian FA discussing what refeeres they want for each of their games. [season 2004/2005]

Today several members of their board have resigned after the tapes were made public [I've read the transcripts]. Because of all this, Juventus may have their league title [from last year] taken away and relagated. If that were to happen, should we try to sign some of their players and which ones?

I personaly would go for Trezeguet ''Trezegol''. Ibrahimovic has the potential to be one of the top players but he has a serious attitude problem and is not prolific enough.

What say you?

I say welcome back old friend.

I would take Cannavaro before anyone else. Ibrahimovic is a bit of an enigma, ability but incositent, straight swap for Cisse in that way.

How's your marriage Leon, heard that you got married a couple of months ago.

I agree about Ibrahimovic being an enigma. He has so much potential but hasn't put it into good use.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:51 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
0asis wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
dward wrote:any sources A.B?

try this  :;):

No where in the article does it say that Juventus will be relegated or stripped of last years Seria A title. It just says that the board have resigned.

Did I say it did?  ???

no

I was referring to A.B, sorry Adam I should of said.  :D
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion