Juve clean up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Thu May 11, 2006 11:40 pm

if juve have to sell players i would take zambrotta in a heartbeat, easily the best left back in the world and would further strengthen our back four.
Last edited by mighty mo on Thu May 11, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Doesnt anyone on here remember last season after we knocke Juve out of the champions league, there were a couple of Torino fans on here thanking us for knocking out "the most corrupt club in football" they were saying that both Juve and Milan are at it with match fixing and that its common knowledge among italian fans.
One of them said something like at least they couldnt bribe there way to the champions league trophy as well.

totally agree.  Italian football has had a LOT of corruption and had plenty of teams relegated because of it.  I believe (if guilty, and i mean 'if') Juventus should have an example made of them.  Noone is bigger than the game and noone should be allowed to get away with cheating.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Thu May 11, 2006 11:51 pm

juve over the years have always had disputed penalties,i remember a game a few years ago, when they were fighting inter milan for the title in the 97/98 season  the game was one of the last of the season,juve and inter were tied for points,ronaldo was fouled in the box and it was a clear penalty,the referee unbeliveably rfefused,  juve went up the pitch  about 20 seconds later they  got an absolute BS penalty straight away,the inter milan players were furious crowding the ref remonstrating,italian fans have been saying things about juve for years about them having referees in there pocket.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 12, 2006 12:32 am

Igor Zidane wrote:ffs AB no flies on you ace. I definatly try and get Nedved tho.

No not Nedved he is finished
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecake » Fri May 12, 2006 12:35 am

The Ace1983 wrote:If it's true, I'd drop them to C2 and tell them that even if they won the league, they couldn't be promoted for 5 seasons. One of my biggest hates is when sportingness goes out of the game. And another is abuse of power so I would crush them for this.

Could'nt agree more.
cheesecake

Postby Kukilon » Fri May 12, 2006 12:38 am

It's not just Juve though. AC Milan also get a lot of freebies from the refs. Both of these teams have been caught pushing steroids onto their players but nothing really happened. Last time a photo of Gattuso got loose in which he had a syringe in his leg while there where other players around him. Gattuso said that it was c-vitamins that he was injecting himself with and that was it. Both teams has had several players suspended for steroids usage and none of them was found by the italian football organisation.

A lot of teams in Italy has been relegated for fixing matches etc and it was not that long a go when the mob was tightly involved with Napoli. Serie A sucks.

Please for the love of god don't bring in Zlatan. He brings attitude and he has been playing terrible this season. He is also a cheat. When he left Ajax he weighed 82kg and a couple of months later he had gained 14kg in muscles. No person can gain that much in such a short time without using steroids.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri May 12, 2006 1:28 am

Italian football is a joke. Not in terms of quality, but in terms of corruption and hooliganism. UEFA needs to really look at Italy and make some drastic changes. Juve needs to be severely punished, but becuase they are a G14 club they will probably get a slap on the wrist.

Stripping their title for last seaosn, and perhaps a huge fine/point deduction woudl suffice. Relegation woudl be harsh, but probably fair - it won't happen though.

On to AB's question. The two Juve players I'd look at the closest would be Camoranesi and Zambrotta.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri May 12, 2006 2:34 am

Its a shame.

But I feel most sorry for the Juve fans. How humiliated must they feel?

You guys, if Liverpool was involved in a scandal like this, what would you do?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri May 12, 2006 2:59 am

Absolute disgrace, Juve are my team in Italy but this is terrible. I hope that they get relegated and have last years title stripped. Anything less is not fair for the other clubs, EUFA has to be harsh with this i think.........
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Fri May 12, 2006 3:48 am

They will do nothing to them. Doesn't anyone remember the Champions League incident where they detected their players using drugs? As far as I know they had all the evidence proving they used drugs, yet they still have that Champions League title.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby LFC #1 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:18 am

I honestly think that if it can be proven hat this is going on at all of Italy's top clubs they (all Serie A teams) should be banned from European competition for a couple of seasons.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:03 am

corruption has always been rife in italy. working at a bookies ive seen the betting patterns and the odds change massively. as an example our game with west hamhas draw odds of 9/4.

some italian games have draw odds of 2/5!!! thats total madness. for what its worth i dont think trezeguet is the man for us. id rather have ibrahimovic altho the guy is totally insane.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:08 am

A.B. wrote:I'm not sure if you lot are aware of the current scandal involving Juventus. Tapes have been founding with conversations between members of the board from Juve and the Italian FA discussing what refeeres they want for each of their games. [season 2004/2005]

Today several members of their board have resigned after the tapes were made public [I've read the transcripts]. Because of all this, Juventus may have their league title [from last year] taken away and relagated. If that were to happen, should we try to sign some of their players and which ones?

I personaly would go for Trezeguet ''Trezegol''. Ibrahimovic has the potential to be one of the top players but he has a serious attitude problem and is not prolific enough.

What say you?

I say welcome back old friend.

I would take Cannavaro before anyone else. Ibrahimovic is a bit of an enigma, ability but incositent, straight swap for Cisse in that way.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:13 am

adamnbarrett wrote:
dward wrote:any sources A.B?

try this  :;):

No where in the article does it say that Juventus will be relegated or stripped of last years Seria A title. It just says that the board have resigned.

Although I agree that Juventus should be stripped of their League title and should be relegated to Seria B and should be banned from European Competitions until 2010.

See how much match fixing goes on then when the club are left in ruins.  :D

(edit) I wouldn't take one Juventus player, too old and past it. The ones that are young are highly arrogant & inconsistent.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Fri May 12, 2006 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri May 12, 2006 12:35 pm

LFC #1 wrote:I honestly think that if it can be proven hat this is going on at all of Italy's top clubs they (all Serie A teams) should be banned from European competition for a couple of seasons.

I think that is a fair point and one that should be done, it would affect them alot more than stripping them of a title that is in the past.
It wont happen as the g14 clubs seem to be protected, but they should be relegated and banned from European competition for 2 seasons.
It would send out a clear message to others.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion