Do we know what group we are drawn against.. - In the champions league?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:24 pm

Has the draw been made yet so we know what groups meet in the knock out stage?

I thought it hadn't been made yet but my mate says it has, but can't remember who we will meet!!  Sounds dodgy to me?

Can someone let me know
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:28 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Has the draw been made yet so we know what groups meet in the knock out stage?

I thought it hadn't been made yet but my mate says it has, but can't remember who we will meet!!  Sounds dodgy to me?

Can someone let me know

How could the draw be made when we still have got our last group stage match to play? Did you get mixed up with the fact that we're technically through?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:30 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Has the draw been made yet so we know what groups meet in the knock out stage?

Can someone let me know

How could the draw be made when we still have got our last group stage match to play? Did you get mixed up with the fact that we're technically through?

lol  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:40 pm

I think he means that sometimes these things are predetermined.  Like last season, the draw for the quarter-finals were done at the same time as the draw for the semi-finals.  (The semi-final draw would be too short to televise on its own.)

Having said that, no the draw for the last sixteen hasn't been done yet.  It's on 16th December.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:42 pm

No.. that was my auguement.  He reckons it has already been decided what groups play each other?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:43 pm

2520years wrote:I think he means that sometimes these things are predetermined.  Like last season, the draw for the quarter-finals were done at the same time as the draw for the semi-finals.  (The semi-final draw would be too short to televise on its own.)

Having said that, no the draw for the last sixteen hasn't been done yet.  It's on 16th December.

I get what you mean, but how do you predetermine a COMBINATION of teams that are going through? Predetermining only works in knockout stages.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:56 pm

I think he meant.. Winner of group A will play runner up of Group  ??  etc
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maximus » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:00 pm

I believe the draw will be made on 16/12/05 for the knockout stages
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:02 pm

maximus wrote:I believe the draw will be made on 16/12/05 for the knockout stages

That's correct. LFC & Chelsea are playing to be champion of our group as that affects who we face.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:07 pm

The draw will see only 1st place teams in any group meet the 2nd place teams in any group, the only team as well who you cant face is the team who go through the same group as you, but if we come 1st we can draw any 2nd place team in any group aprat from are own and vice-versa if we come 2nd.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:15 pm

Garymac wrote:The draw will see only 1st place teams in any group meet the 2nd place teams in any group, the only team as well who you cant face is the team who go through the same group as you, but if we come 1st we can draw any 2nd place team in any group aprat from are own and vice-versa if we come 2nd.

Wonder if Manure will make it through??? Hope so, don't want them focussing ALL their resources on the EPL. They'll choke in the knockouts anyway as will Arsenal.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:38 pm

Does anyone know if we regain "Country protection" in the next round,or is there a possibility we will meet Arsenal or Manure?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:45 pm

to be honest, i don't really matter from here onwards.  As last season proved, there are no easy teams from here onwards (unless Rangers squeeze through) and we'll have to beat all comers to defend our title.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:51 pm

No one gets country protection in the knock out stage
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:36 pm

Hope we get Rangers...really do
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion