DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 7:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 03, 2015 7:28 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun May 03, 2015 6:09 pm wrote:Divock Origi came off the bench to net a priceless goal as Lille came from behind to beat Lens 3-1 on Sunday afternoon.

The on-loan Belgium international appeared as a 64th minute substitute and fired the third goal in stoppage time.

The 20-year-old signed for the Reds from Lille last July, but was immediately loaned back to the French side for the 2014-15 campaign.

Having been tracked by the club for several years, he'll begin his Anfield career this summer.

I think he'll be a good player for us, I don't think he'll be a prolific goal scorer but he'll be an excellent link man and focal point for our attack.

There is a better chance of you coaching that into him than brendan  :D

Like all players who sign for us I hope he does well and improves us but from what I seen of him in the Europa I don't think he will the player we need him to be next season. He is still very young and wasn't exactly ripping it up in a poor league but seeing as brendan has been tracking him this season and helping him out with his game he will at least be a starter next season  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 am

Of what I have seen of him I'm not impressed. He looks to be another David N'Gog.

He won't be setting the world of fire when he finally arrives here next season, anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.

Should be 3rd or 4th in line if we brought in a decent striker or two to replace the woeful Balotelli, Lambert and Borini.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 04, 2015 10:52 am

I think a few of you are doing the lad a disservice, by the latter stages of the World Cup he was ahead of Benteke and Lukaku in the Belgium squad pecking order and players like Hazard and Kompany have waxed lyrical about his potential.
It was always going to be difficult for him at Lille once he'd signed for us, Kevin Keegan was in the same situation here back in 77 and he said he found it very tough himself and he was 27 and a God on Merseyside.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 04, 2015 2:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 am wrote:I think a few of you are doing the lad a disservice, by the latter stages of the World Cup he was ahead of Benteke and Lukaku in the Belgium squad pecking order and players like Hazard and Kompany have waxed lyrical about his potential.
It was always going to be difficult for him at Lille once he'd signed for us, Kevin Keegan was in the same situation here back in 77 and he said he found it very tough himself and he was 27 and a God on Merseyside.

I'm always excited to see new young players arrive at Anfield ,especially ones who have been Lauded by top players as the future of the Belgian national team.
I think Origi has the potential to be an absolute beast of a striker ,and Liverpool acted swiftly and decisively in procuring his services.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 04, 2015 3:40 pm

I think it's a good bit of business by us...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 04, 2015 3:48 pm

maguskwt » Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 pm wrote:I think it's a good bit of business by us...

agreed  :nod

I think it's sad that some members have written him off already and he hasn't even put on an LFC shirt yet  :no

Could he be any worse than Borini ? Lambert ? Balotelli ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 04, 2015 4:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 04, 2015 10:52 am wrote:I think a few of you are doing the lad a disservice, by the latter stages of the World Cup he was ahead of Benteke and Lukaku in the Belgium squad pecking order and players like Hazard and Kompany have waxed lyrical about his potential.

Potential  :laugh: Many have potential but very few realize it yakka. Has sterling hit his potential yet ? what about markovic and all the potential he has shown ? borini was another full of potential.
We have signed nothing but potential for the last 3 years and they have shown very little so lets sign more potential. It is what has us in this mess in the first place.

Last year you were waxing lyrical about markovic and look at how his first season turned out. Can you honestly say he has fulfilled any of the massive potential he had ? Other than the potential to be a good player next year and if not the potential to do it the year after.

More potential is not what we need yakka. I thought you would have at least realized this by now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 04, 2015 4:57 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 04, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 04, 2015 10:52 am wrote:I think a few of you are doing the lad a disservice, by the latter stages of the World Cup he was ahead of Benteke and Lukaku in the Belgium squad pecking order and players like Hazard and Kompany have waxed lyrical about his potential.

Potential  :laugh: Many have potential but very few realize it yakka. Has sterling hit his potential yet ? what about markovic and all the potential he has shown ? borini was another full of potential.
We have signed nothing but potential for the last 3 years and they have shown very little so lets sign more potential. It is what has us in this mess in the first place.

Last year you were waxing lyrical about markovic and look at how his first season turned out. Can you honestly say he has fulfilled any of the massive potential he had ? Other than the potential to be a good player next year and if not the potential to do it the year after.

More potential is not what we need yakka. I thought you would have at least realized this by now.

Markovic is 20 mate, I was under the impression we had signed him for 4 years, let's see what he is like when he is 22/23.
Yes we'd all like to sign 27 year old superstars but the club doesn't want to go down that road.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue May 05, 2015 1:02 am

Couldn't agree more mate.

In fact here is a very sad statistic of all the 18-21yo players we have signed over the last 15 years that were non-English, name one single player that has actually gone on to be a quality signing for us. It's absolutely deplorable  :no 

Djimi Traore
Daniel Sjolund
Jon Otsemobor
Gregory Vignal
El Hadji Diouf
Milan Baros
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Anthony Le Tallec
Patrice Luzi
Godwin Antwi
Mohamed Sissoko
Antonio Barragan
Mark Gonzalez
Lucas Leiva
Francisco Duran
Nabil El Zhar
Gabriel Paletta
Damien Plessis
Emiliano Insua
Astrit Ajdarevic
Nikolay Mihaylov
Mikel San Jose
Kristian Nemeth
Krisztián Adorján
Alexander Kacaniklic
Lauri Dalla Valle
Gerardo Bruna
Toni Silva
Peter Gulasci
Dani Pacheco
Ryan Babel
Sebastian Leto
Vitor Flora
David Ngog
Chris Mavinga
Stephen Sama
Yalany Baio
Suso
Yusuf Mersin
Sebastian Coates*
Villyan Bijev
Samed Yesil*
Luis Alberto*
Tiago Ilori*
Emre Can*
Lazar Marković*
Divock Origi*
Lawrence Vigouroux

Lucas is probably the only one out of a very long list that has been semi-decent.

The rest have all been rubbish and of the current crop I can only see Can having a future with us.

I don't know why there is this obsession in waiting for us to win the lottery with these "potentials", we have been waiting for a long time...........

And we are meant to be basing our future on this strategy  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Boocity » Tue May 05, 2015 8:32 am

eds » Tue May 05, 2015 12:02 am wrote:

In fact here is a very sad statistic of all the 18-21yo players we have signed over the last 15 years that were non-English, name one single player that has actually gone on to be a quality signing for us. It's absolutely deplorable  :no 

Djimi Traore
Daniel Sjolund
Jon Otsemobor
Gregory Vignal
El Hadji Diouf
Milan Baros
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Anthony Le Tallec
Patrice Luzi
Godwin Antwi
Mohamed Sissoko
Antonio Barragan
Mark Gonzalez
Lucas Leiva
Francisco Duran
Nabil El Zhar
Gabriel Paletta
Damien Plessis
Emiliano Insua
Astrit Ajdarevic
Nikolay Mihaylov
Mikel San Jose
Kristian Nemeth
Krisztián Adorján
Alexander Kacaniklic
Lauri Dalla Valle
Gerardo Bruna
Toni Silva
Peter Gulasci
Dani Pacheco
Ryan Babel
Sebastian Leto
Vitor Flora
David Ngog
Chris Mavinga
Stephen Sama
Yalany Baio
Suso
Yusuf Mersin
Sebastian Coates*
Villyan Bijev
Samed Yesil*
Luis Alberto*
Tiago Ilori*
Emre Can*
Lazar Marković*
Divock Origi*
Lawrence Vigouroux

Lucas is probably the only one out of a very long list that has been semi-decent.

The rest have all been rubbish and of the current crop I can only see Can having a future with us.

I don't know why there is this obsession in waiting for us to win the lottery with these "potentials", we have been waiting for a long time...........

And we are meant to be basing our future on this strategy  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Scary when you look at that list but on the other hand I dont think we are alone, not many clubs have brought in foreign youngsters that go on to be world class
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 am

Yeah but we are the only top club pinning all our hopes on a bunch of kids. 

You would think that reflecting back on our past transgressions we would have learnt something. :upside:

eds

Postby eds » Tue May 05, 2015 8:48 am

Actually I forgot to add Coutinho, so Lucas isn't all on his own  :laugh:

eds

Postby Boocity » Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 am

eds » Tue May 05, 2015 7:43 am wrote:Yeah but we are the only top club pinning all our hopes on a bunch of kids. 

You would think that reflecting back on our past transgressions we would have learnt something. :upside:

True but I cant see anything changing under BR
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:33 am

eds » Tue May 05, 2015 12:02 am wrote:

Djimi Traore
Daniel Sjolund
Jon Otsemobor
Gregory Vignal
El Hadji Diouf
Milan Baros
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Anthony Le Tallec
Patrice Luzi
Godwin Antwi
Mohamed Sissoko
Antonio Barragan
Mark Gonzalez
Lucas Leiva
Francisco Duran
Nabil El Zhar
Gabriel Paletta
Damien Plessis
Emiliano Insua
Astrit Ajdarevic
Nikolay Mihaylov
Mikel San Jose
Kristian Nemeth
Krisztián Adorján
Alexander Kacaniklic
Lauri Dalla Valle
Gerardo Bruna
Toni Silva
Peter Gulasci
Dani Pacheco
Ryan Babel
Sebastian Leto
Vitor Flora
David Ngog
Chris Mavinga
Stephen Sama
Yalany Baio
Suso
Yusuf Mersin
Sebastian Coates*
Villyan Bijev
Samed Yesil*
Luis Alberto*
Tiago Ilori*
Emre Can*
Lazar Marković*
Divock Origi*
Lawrence Vigouroux

Jon OStembor is a scouser  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 05, 2015 10:46 am

The vast majority of those players were actually brought in by Rafa which is ironic given a banner was flown over the stadium calling for him to be reinstated.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion