DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Crikey, now there's new talk of us paying £3m to bring him here in January. This is from the Echo btw not a spurious source.
It seems that the club are genuinely weighing up wether to pay the extra money as they think it will be a lot cheaper than signing a stop-gap striker. It will be interesting to see what happens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:28 pm wrote:Crikey, now there's new talk of us paying £3m to bring him here in January. This is from the Echo btw not a spurious source.
It seems that the club are genuinely weighing up wether to pay the extra money as they think it will be a lot cheaper than signing a stop-gap striker. It will be interesting to see what happens.

If Glenda is offloaded in Jan then some of that 3M is recouped...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:16 pm

James Pearce (Liverpool Echo) saying deal almost done for Origi to come here in Januray

Liverpool look set to reach an agreement with Lille to bring striker Divock Origi to Anfield this month.

The Reds signed the young Belgian frontman for £10million last summer but under the terms of the transfer they sent him back to the French outfit on a season-long loan.

However, with Brendan Rodgers ' side in desperate need of more firepower in the second half of the campaign Liverpool have sought to move forward his arrival.

The Reds are prepared to pay up to £3million to secure Origi's services six months earlier than planned.

No deal is yet in place with Lille but the initial discussions have been encouraging and Anfield officials are confident they will reach a successful conclusion.

Origi is desperate to begin his Liverpool career after enduring a torrid campaign in France.

Lille are struggling in 13th place in Ligue One and the 19-year-old, who has scored four goals this season, hasn't found the net since October.

He was even booed by his own fans after missing a penalty against Wolfsburg last month.

Rodgers recently revealed that he was in regular contact with Origi and that Liverpool staff analyse each of his matches in France and provided feedback.

“We believe Divock Origi will be world class,” Rodgers said.

“He is a top player. He has everything - the speed, the profile and he could play for Liverpool now.

“He can run in behind, he can keep the ball and he can press.”

Origi would give Rodgers another attacking option as he looks to mastermind a push for Champions League qualification over the coming months.

Read more: French football expert Julien Laurens: "He's one of the biggest attractions in Ligue 1"

Liverpool have been short of firepower in the continued absence of the injured Daniel Sturridge.

Fellow strikers Mario Balotelli and Fabio Borini don't have a single league goal between them and face uncertain futures.

Sturridge, who hasn't played for the Reds since August, will return to Melwood this week to complete his rehabilitation from a thigh injury after having treatment in America.

Liverpool hope he will be fit to play against his former club Chelsea in the two-legged Capital One Cup semi-final later this month.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Bringing him back won't be a good move for anyone to be honest. He's just a young lad and he's got potential but he ain't some wonder kid that would be able to save our season. He'd just get tons of pressure from the off and might not develop the way we want him to because of that. All in all, getting this kid in to the team now will do more harm than good. Not a good idea.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:02 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:58 pm wrote:Bringing him back won't be a good move for anyone to be honest. He's just a young lad and he's got potential but he ain't some wonder kid that would be able to save our season. He'd just get tons of pressure from the off and might not develop the way we want him to because of that. All in all, getting this kid in to the team now will do more harm than good. Not a good idea.

Could be right mate

From what i have read, the lad is getting some serious stick from the Lille fans atm and is booed in home games, coming to us now might give him a fresh start and we may benefit
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Yep, this would be a bad move. Why put all that pressure on a kid when he's already getting heavy stick at Lille

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:41 pm

I was hoping this wouldn't happen as it will be a lot of pressure on the lad. As others are saying and it has been heavily reported that he is getting a tough time in france. Maybe as it was his last season there and on the back of a promising W.C the Lille fans were expecting a good last season and he isn't delivering. The expectation on him now will be massive and he will have to be played or else there was no point in bringing him in early.

From what i have seen of him any way I would have recalled ibe for nothing and he probably would have more to offer for the remainder of the season than origi.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:18 pm

With

Sturridge
Ballotelli
Lambert
Borini

Already here it seems strange to bring origi back unless one is going especially when the formation we have deployed recently is only one up top

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:24 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:41 pm wrote:I was hoping this wouldn't happen as it will be a lot of pressure on the lad. As others are saying and it has been heavily reported that he is getting a tough time in france. Maybe as it was his last season there and on the back of a promising W.C the Lille fans were expecting a good last season and he isn't delivering. The expectation on him now will be massive and he will have to be played or else there was no point in bringing him in early.

From what i have seen of him any way I would have recalled ibe for nothing and he probably would have more to offer for the remainder of the season than origi.

I think CR makes a good point though mate, if he is getting boo'ed at Lille why leave him in that environment any longer? He won't get boo'ed here that's for sure no matter how bad he plays.
By the sounds of it the lad himself wants out so I think we need to bring him here before his confidence gets crushed anymore.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:With

Sturridge
Ballotelli
Lambert
Borini

Already here it seems strange to bring origi back unless one is going especially when the formation we have deployed recently is only one up top

Strange post..Daniel is injured ,Borini is out and Ricky/Mario don't fit our system meaning we have NO one. Origi at least fits .
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Sturridges due date back is the 10th

Balotelli was bought for a big fee

And I did say unless one was going

unless you cant read

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Perhaps Lille would be happy to except approx €3m from LFC. On top of that, there will be things like taxes, agent fees, relocation package for the player amongst other things. So may in the end cost approx €6m, maybe more.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:22 am

Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:05 pm wrote:Perhaps Lille would be happy to except approx €3m from LFC. On top of that, there will be things like taxes, agent fees, relocation package for the player amongst other things. So may in the end cost approx €6m, maybe more.

I can't see it being as expensive as that mate, we only bought him for £10m, I can't see it costing us £6m to cut his loan short.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:31 am

Totally underwhelmed if the powers that be think this kid who has only scored 9 goals in 56 games for Lille in the powerhouse that is Ligue 1 is going to be the answer to our lack of goals up front.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Boocity » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 am wrote:Totally underwhelmed if the powers that be think this kid who has only scored 9 goals in 56 games for Lille in the powerhouse that is Ligue 1 is going to be the answer to our lack of goals up front.

I think he'll be a good player for us mate, he probably won't be the most prolific player we've ever had but IMO he'll be a great foil for the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana etc.
To me he looks like a bigger and quicker version of Danny Welbeck and Welbeck has always been a player that I thought would suit our system.
At 19 he's not going to rip up the league but he's got everything a player needs to be a success here - skill, pace, height, strength and a fair bit of vision too, for a big lad he threads through some clever through balls and he likes going past players in one on one situations too.
I'm looking forward to seeing him in a red shirt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion