DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:07 am

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:30 am wrote:Struggling to see what all the fuss is about with him to be honest. Watched him three or four times in in two games, one against Everto I didn't even realise he was on the pitch till he skinned Baines. Just looked another average Rodgers signing with no real quality to him to me, seemed to lack movement and instinct and I think those expecting him to replace Luis or even Danny are going to be very upset

No one is looking for Origi to replace or even come close to Luis and Daniel (at this stage at least) ,but if we can get a Welback type player ,which Runs ffs and moves and has a will and talent to play then yes he would be a massive upgrade over Mario.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 am

I would probably be an improvement on Balotelli so that's not good reason to bring him back. Also I would only cost ten grand a week and a hundred grand signing on fee  :D

Personally everyone knows my thoughts on Daniel Sturridge, I believe him to be a good back up or number two striker, I hope Mario can kick on when Danny returns. There is no doubt Mario is lacking confidence at the minute and let's face it, when fit and on form he still won't be a patch on Luis.

I do think Mario will turn it round eventually and we will see a good partnership. Albeit a different one to last seasons in terms of dynamics, but the first thing the needs to happen is we need to drop this ridiculous pressing game plan. The only players we have that can play in that system are Moreno, Enrque,Flanagan, Henderson and Sterling… in other words it doesn't suit our best players, certainly not our attacking ones
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:24 am wrote:I would probably be an improvement on Balotelli so that's not good reason to bring him back. Also I would only cost ten grand a week and a hundred grand signing on fee  :D

Personally everyone knows my thoughts on Daniel Sturridge, I believe him to be a good back up or number two striker, I hope Mario can kick on when Danny returns. There is no doubt Mario is lacking confidence at the minute and let's face it, when fit and on form he still won't be a patch on Luis.

I do think Mario will turn it round eventually and we will see a good partnership. Albeit a different one to last seasons in terms of dynamics, but the first thing the needs to happen is we need to drop this ridiculous pressing game plan. The only players we have that can play in that system are Moreno, Enrque,Flanagan, Henderson and Sterling… in other words it doesn't suit our best players, certainly not our attacking ones

Stu, I have reported this post because it's too optimistic to be coming from you.

I'm assuming someone has stolen your computer  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:29 pm

You just read it wrong  :;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:25 pm

From the little I've seen I think that his movement is his best quality actually. Not exactly a finisher though, since he hasn't scored too many.

Don't think he should be viewed as a savior though, far from it. Don't think he's that great of a player, but we could use him as a partner for either Balo or Sturridge.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:20 am

He scored a really nice goal for Belgium last night, the link is here

http://www.90min.com/posts/1546303-vide ... _aid=35322
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 pm

There's talk in tonight's echo that we might be able to get him in January.
I hope it happens, he reminds me of a bigger, quicker version of Danny Welbeck and I think he'd form a terrific partnership with Danny Sturridge.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:21 am

The lad looks very average from what I've seen and leaves a lot to be desired… quite worrying that people think this lad is the answer, look at his goal record too…

Just a thought… but David Ngog mark two? What a shocking player he was
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Honestly, I wouldnt rate this lad atm as being better than Ibe but wouldnt say he is average until i see him perform in this league. In France though he doesn't look anything special and has a poor goal return as stu pointed out. We need better than that from him when he does come and hopefully he will be one of those that just clicks in this league.

Personally I think it could be a big mistake bringing him in in january as is will be seen as a panic move on our behalf. If the lad then fails to settle or ends up propping up the bench it could end up costing rodgers.
Bringing him in early will only end up putting massive pressure to deliver on his shoulders.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:15 am

red till i die!! » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:21 pm wrote:Honestly, I wouldnt rate this lad atm as being better than Ibe but wouldnt say he is average until i see him perform in this league. In France though he doesn't look anything special and has a poor goal return as stu pointed out. We need better than that from him when he does come and hopefully he will be one of those that just clicks in this league.

Personally I think it could be a big mistake bringing him in in january as is will be seen as a panic move on our behalf. If the lad then fails to settle or ends up propping up the bench it could end up costing rodgers.
Bringing him in early will only end up putting massive pressure to deliver on his shoulders.

In yesterday's echo he quashed earlier reports that he'll be arriving in January, he said he can't wait to play for us but he can't get out of his contractual obligations to Lille.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:22 pm

He'd be better off there yakka anyway. we are a bit of a circus at the moment and he's not going to turn it around for us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Divock looking good early on for Belgium this aft....... (Sky Sports 5)
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:50 am

red till i die!! » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:22 pm wrote:He'd be better off there yakka anyway. we are a bit of a circus at the moment and he's not going to turn it around for us.

Yeah your right mate, there'd be a lot of expectation on his shoulders and at 19 he can do without that. He looks a good prospect but that is exactly what he is - a prospect, it's unrealistic and unfair to expect him to be the one to turn us around.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:22 pm wrote:He'd be better off there yakka anyway. we are a bit of a circus at the moment and he's not going to turn it around for us.

Yeah your right mate, there'd be a lot of expectation on his shoulders and at 19 he can do without that. He looks a good prospect but that is exactly what he is - a prospect, it's unrealistic and unfair to expect him to be the one to turn us around.

While it makes perfect sense and logic keeping out of the storm i think we really need him. He is fast ,mobile and strong ,he is hungry to succeed and it doesn't get any worse then Mario.
Even if he doesn't make it he would offer much more then the current selection.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:59 am

Woeful post.

Your assesment of him is even poor... let alone your point about Balotelli.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion