DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Does anyone think this guy will turn out good? I just see an average centre back who's no better than what we already had.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Doeboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:40 pm wrote:Does anyone think this guy will turn out good? I just see an average centre back who's no better than what we already had.

Good player, surrounded by a shower of *****.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:01 am

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:48 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:40 pm wrote:Does anyone think this guy will turn out good? I just see an average centre back who's no better than what we already had.

Good player, surrounded by a shower of *****.

:laugh:
$h!te sticks together mate  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:03 am

Judge him by his Southampton performances and yes, he's able to develop into a long term cornerstone.

Liverpool however are all at sea so it's 'more difficult' to imagine.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:17 pm

I don't know what it is about him, but he always seems to get into situations where he is made to look like a complete oaf.He made Bolasie look like Ronaldo for their second goal
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:16 am

I've heard a strong rumour he fell out with Gerrard.

He's apparenty had a go at Stevie and the midfield for leaving the defence exposed in every game and actually advocated playing Lucas instead of Steven as "at least he tries to put a tackle in", It caused a bust up between the two and he feels he's having to do the job of a defensive midfielder as well as defend and he doesn't know whether he's coming or going at times.

Stevie's apparently playing the big man and "who are you to question me" card.

Lovren's spoken up about the hole situation and its caused friction in the squad, the truth is though, someone has to tell the manager this because he clearly doesn't get it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:18 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 am wrote:I've heard a strong rumour he fell out with Gerrard.

He's apparenty had a go at Stevie and the midfield for leaving the defence exposed in every game and actually advocated playing Lucas instead of Steven as "at least he tries to put a tackle in", It caused a bust up between the two and he feels he's having to do the job of a defensive midfielder as well as defend and he doesn't know whether he's coming or going at times.

Stevie's apparently playing the big man and "who are you to question me" card.

Lovren's spoken up about the hole situation and its caused friction in the squad, the truth is though, someone has to tell the manager this because he clearly doesn't get it.

Think it's true?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 am

Considering who I heard it off... (I am a c*nt and not going to spill :D ) yes I do.

He feels he's being made a scape goat but said he's never played in a side where the defence is left so exposed by its midfield.

Lovren is a damn good defender, he's not top draw, but he's still decent enough played in the right system. He shown for Southampton last season how good he is especially at the start of the season.

And lets face it, its not as if he hasn't got a point.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:28 am

He may have fallen out with Gerrard, but Gerrard isn't responsible for his horrible mistakes.

His clearance, or attempted clearance that lead to RVP's goal, was nothing short of comical. I do agree with something Lovren has allegedly said, Lucas should be starting as our DM.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 am

Skippy he's made mistakes, but the lack of organisation at the back was poor from last season, he can't go in and make the defence good on his own mate. It was an issue last season that we struggled with at times despite winning games but thats because we were scoring so many goals. We knew this needed addressing in the summer but again this is something the manager FAILED MISERABLEY to do. This Can fella doesn't look to be a bad player, but he's no defensive midfield player to me anyway. Looks far better going forward.

They need to work as a unit and they are Skrtel's and Moreno's biggest weaknesses too. I've never seen a left back spend so much time out of position in games as Moreno and I'm baffled apart from pace as to what anyone else see's in him, I mean, even yesterday he's out of position again for their first goal which left Allen wih Valencia... Valencia's a damn good winger, you can't be doing stuff like that, whats worse is his decision to track back and not into Joe's position made up Valencia's mind to go down the line which he ended up doing. The lad is well out of his depth and to be honest reminds me of a quick Paul Konchesky.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:20 am

I agree with what you are saying Stu, but the fact is, Lovren has made more mistakes this campaign than any other centre back in the league.

I know we had our defensive issues last year, and the majority of them were from Skrtle, who I don't rate at all. His deficiencies were over shadowed by his goals. It stumps me that BR says we don't need a defensive coach, or refuses to play a CB who has captained France.
I wanted a Sakho/Lovren combo from the start, and I think that is our best defensive pairing.

And again, I agree about Moreno, he is more concerned about going forward than he is hanging around the defensive line, but I would question whether or not he is told to do that, because he wasn't so attackingly aggressive at Sevilla.
And the other centre back everyone wanted, Ricardo Rodriguez is just a prone to going forward, except he does as you say and tracks back to the DM role if he is caught out.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:14 am

SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:20 am wrote:I agree with what you are saying Stu, but the fact is, Lovren has made more mistakes this campaign than any other centre back in the league.

I know we had our defensive issues last year, and the majority of them were from Skrtle, who I don't rate at all. His deficiencies were over shadowed by his goals. It stumps me that BR says we don't need a defensive coach, or refuses to play a CB who has captained France.
I wanted a Sakho/Lovren combo from the start, and I think that is our best defensive pairing.

And again, I agree about Moreno, he is more concerned about going forward than he is hanging around the defensive line, but I would question whether or not he is told to do that, because he wasn't so attackingly aggressive at Sevilla.
And the other centre back everyone wanted, Ricardo Rodriguez is just a prone to going forward, except he does as you say and tracks back to the DM role if he is caught out.

I'm not sold on Sahko and his attitude to be honest. For me, Moreno just looks like a clueless headless chicken. Skrtel hangs everyone out to dry he plays with and is one of the worst (POSITIONAL AND DROP OFF) centre halfs in the league but he does have the odd other strength which makes him look alright at times... Skrtel wouldn't be too bad as a fourth choice centre back, but the fact is he's now on to much money for that role.

Lovren will come good eventually I'm convinced of that, but I don't feel his state of mind is right at the moment, especially after this alleged bust up with Gerrard.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:52 am

Wouldn't be surprised if this is true. In fact, I would be surprised if there wasn't a fallout. And to be fair to him, as bad as he's been so far (some of the stuff he's done is inexcusable), he's got a point.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:55 pm

If you have a spare 8 minutes, watch this video of Jamie Carragher analyzing Lovren against the scum and also comparing him to last seasons performances for Southampton, he is spot on with his analysis, get Cara in as defensive coach - you will see what i mean if you watch the video

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:56 pm

I agree with Neville - our defensive organisation as a whole is poor. It always has been under Rodgers and I don't think he knows how to fix it. Granted, we have had a few games where we have looked a bit better, but still not convincing. Nothing looks in sync. The chopping and changing in personel doesn't help but this is something which should have fixed on the training ground by now
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion