DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:48 pm

damjan193 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:28 pm wrote:I agree with SCS on this one, Lovren had no reason to be caught in no man's land so high up the pitch. If you look at the replay, it all happened really fast, Skrtel had no time to react, nor was he instructed anything by Lovren. Had the partnership had more game-time together though, I think this wouldn't have happened.

However, Red does make some good points about Skrtel. Especially about his individual mentality and not seeing the bigger picture. I'm still unsure about which partnership would be the best for us but I hope Rodgers just picks one which he thinks is the best and sticks with it until they gel.

I'm sure Lovren and Skrtel will develop a good relationship. I also think that Lovren will provide the leadership role that Skrtel needs.

However we need to also recognise that Lovren is a good player, but he isn't world class (yet...). His performance against City was poor and we need to iron out those types of performances early for this partnership to work.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Penguins » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm wrote:As usual, as soon as someone makes a mistake in the backline, always blame Skrtel in the end....

totally agree mate.
how skrtel can be blamed for lovrens wandering and terrible positioning at times is laughable
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red187 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:40 pm

red till i die!! wrote:
Penguins » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm wrote:As usual, as soon as someone makes a mistake in the backline, always blame Skrtel in the end....

totally agree mate.
how skrtel can be blamed for lovrens wandering and terrible positioning at times is laughable

I for one was not blaming Skrtel for Lovrens wanderings, Lovern is an international class defender and reasponsible for his own actions.
All my posts are my concerns with Skrtel as a partner for Lovren, I made the point that if Skrtel had been more alert to the developing danger he could have lessened the impact of Lovrens over "exuberances" (which are a carry over from the way he was asked to play at southhampton).

Can anyone argue Skrtels postioning for the southhampton goal?

Or the 2nd City goal, I know Lovrens gets caught trying to steal the ball, but look at the picture I uploaded, MS is clearly looking across at Lovren, he has to see the distance between himself and Lovern (If anyone can justify him not seeing this please make your case). He has two options step up or step across, in the end does neither he stays with run of Dzeko (a run that is also tracked by GJ). I genuinely dont buy the arguement that it happened too fast, he is a professional footballer and as such is paid to make decisions in real time.
red187

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:40 pm

red187 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 am wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:

totally agree mate.

I for one was not blaming Skrtel for Lovrens wanderings, Lovern is an international class defender and reasponsible for his own actions.
All my posts are my concerns with Skrtel as a partner for Lovren, I made the point that if Skrtel had been more alert to the developing danger he could have lessened the impact of Lovrens over "exuberances" (which are a carry over from the way he was asked to play at southhampton).

Can anyone argue Skrtels postioning for the southhampton goal?

Or the 2nd City goal, I know Lovrens gets caught trying to steal the ball, but look at the picture I uploaded, MS is clearly looking across at Lovren, he has to see the distance between himself and Lovern (If anyone can justify him not seeing this please make your case). He has two options step up or step across, in the end does neither he stays with run of Dzeko (a run that is also tracked by GJ). I genuinely dont buy the arguement that it happened too fast, he is a professional footballer and as such is paid to make decisions in real time.

If I remember correctly it was Lovren who was done like a kipper by a back heel for the Southampton goal, pretty similar to the way he was done like a kipper by a back heel for City's second goal too.
I won't even mention City's third, if that was Skrtel instead of Lovren making a pigs ear of it you'd be apoplectic.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby chriserfolg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:37 am

Sorry but not impressed at all . Hope he gets better but at the moment , nothing special .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:59 am

chriserfolg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:37 am wrote:Sorry but not impressed at all . Hope he gets better but at the moment , nothing special .

Yep, To me over confident border line arrogant player ,thinks he can compensate every mistake with his speed and strength but so far has been caught out of position too many times...Maybe the cool temperature of the bench will wake him up.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 am

The stick this lad is getting is beyond belief.

He's playing next to kids, Skrtel, Sahko and Mignolet. You could put anyone next to those players and they'd struggle.

Let alone moving to a new club and trying to sort out what was a shambles of a backline. Fact is, for all the promise Manquillo is showing, he's not the finished article. Lovren defends high up the pitch, he's already shown he's capable of nipping things in the bud before they develop, unlike Skrtel. To be quite honest, the sale of Agger was a stupid decision as he'd be perfect next to Daniel.

More great business by our manager.  ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:56 am

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 am wrote:The stick this lad is getting is beyond belief.

He's playing next to kids, Skrtel, Sahko and Mignolet. You could put anyone next to those players and they'd struggle.

Let alone moving to a new club and trying to sort out what was a shambles of a backline. Fact is, for all the promise Manquillo is showing, he's not the finished article. Lovren defends high up the pitch, he's already shown he's capable of nipping things in the bud before they develop, unlike Skrtel. To be quite honest, the sale of Agger was a stupid decision as he'd be perfect next to Daniel.

He gets what he deserves nobody thinks he is a failure but with his price tag and the big splash over his signing the lad is just making some kids stuff error over positioning and awareness. Has nothing to do with the Rest of the bunch he needs to clean up his act as so far he directly leaks goals.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Yeah it's not a case of Dejan being let down by those around him because ATM he is the one making individual errors.
He undoubtably has talent but he needs to start concentrating on what he is doing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:15 pm

the lad is far from being the answer to our problems as what has changed since he came in ? we still concede pathetic goals almost every game and he shows very little leadership.
he is constantly grabbing and holding on set pieces but yet still loses his man, his positioning from open play leaves a lot to be desired and he rushes into challenges often making the situation worse.
he is no better than skrtel imo and he cost a fortune.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 am wrote:The stick this lad is getting is beyond belief.

Completely agree ,Sakho's  indecision  would make Kompany look shaky.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:37 am

Dejan Lovren has reportedly picked up an injury on Croatia duty and will miss their qualifiers. No word on how long he's out.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:43 am

cardiff-red » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:37 am wrote:Dejan Lovren has reportedly picked up an injury on Croatia duty and will miss their qualifiers. No word on how long he's out.

Typical

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:48 am

aye mate, Toure and Skrtel V Real Madrid  :angry:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:39 pm

him being injured is the last thing we need even though he hasnt exactly covered himself in glory when fit. it just means we continue to chop and change at the back till he returns.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion