Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

City or now

City the Billionaires, in the bottom half
21%
Liverpool the paupers sitting second
79%

Total votes : 24

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:30 pm

All we here nowadays is football has become all about money, well here is a simple question.

Would you prefer our beloved Liverpool to be in the position it is in at the moment which is heavily in debt, owned by a pair of muppets and not having money to spend on transfers but second in the table and having a name in football players would like to play for but not knowing what the future holds or in what direction we are going in financially

or

Would you prefer us to be struggling at the moment in the league but the future ahead looks very bright as we have unlimited funds to buy players, the only problem being it might be hard to get then here as we wouldn't have a big name

Well?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Dundalk wrote:All we here nowadays is football has become all about money, well here is a simple question.

Would you prefer our beloved Liverpool to be in the position it is in at the moment which is heavily in debt, owned by a pair of muppets and not having money to spend on transfers but second in the table and having a name in football players would like to play for but not knowing what the future holds or in what direction we are going in financially

or

Would you prefer us to be struggling at the moment in the league but the future ahead looks very bright as we have unlimited funds to buy players, the only problem being it might be hard to get then here as we wouldn't have a big name

Well?

Edit, I didn't fully read your post.  If we're literally turning into City and not LFC anymore than you have to decline that.
Zidane

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Even though were in a title drought I don't want the first one we win a long time to be bought.  Rather wait a couple of seasons then be like Chelsea or City.
SupitsJonF

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:43 pm

City are financially secured at the moment and for real they seem to have a bright future ahead of them. Will take time though with consistency and the right players arriving at the club. They will have to become a bigger club to attract the bigger players.
As you stated we are in a good position, good squad etc but cack owners.
Even though our owners are clowns i would still prefer to be liverpool.
Citeh will take alot of time in my oppinion to become a club known through europe and the building of the squad to infiltrate the top four will not be easy. citeh must make a claim in the premiership and must break into the champions league elite. Will not happen for a few years yet.
AS for us we have a great squad already and are doing well in europe aswel. We do have a prob with the owners though but i would still prefer to be us.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:44 pm

I voted to be like city only cos if it got rid of the owners we have , i take a bottom half finish for 1 season any day of week.
Last edited by LegBarnes on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:31 pm

The thing with Citeh is, you just know that before long it's all gonna go tits up!
They're already finding out that it's gonna be harder to get to the loftier echelons of the league than just splashing cash all over the show.
They got lucky signing Robinho but not every player is gonna get confused and think they are actually signing for the Salford Shite!!!  :D

As they say, it's always better to have the points in the bag!!
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:36 pm

I voted for the second option.. however the older ones among us will know that City have won things in the past...For the longer sighted footballer there is a chance that the club could attract bigger players.. Not the Kakas of this world but the Ronaldos (the Brazilian version), Figos ect would look at them and for a year or two do a job, see the club progress and climb the table and the really big names will follow.
Five years and they will be another Chelsea (if the owner does not lose interest)
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:24 am

Maybe this shouldn't go in here , but it made me laugh :D

Manchester City waste £17m on de Jong

Thursday, 22 January 2009

De Jong could make his debut against Newcastle on Wednesday

Reports suggest that Manchester City overspent on new signing Nigel de Jong by as much as £17m.

City completed the signing of the Netherlands international yesterday, paying in the region of £19m. Yet reports today suggest that if the Eastlands club had waited until the end of the season, they could have secured his services for £2.3m.

It is believed that the midfielder had a release clause inserted into his Hamburg contract, allowing him to leave in the summer for a cut-price fee.

It is unknown whether City chiefs knew about the small print, or if they wanted to carry on regardless in order to sufficiently bolster their squad so that they are not sucked into a relegation battle.

De Jong is expected to meet up with his new team-mates in Tenerife, as the Manchester City players are put through their paces at a winter training camp. He could make his debut next Wednesday against Newcastle
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:26 am

I dont think it matters if they knew or not because money dose not seem to be an issue at all with these people
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:44 am

I dont want to buy the league, I want medium priced players playing out of their skins for the glory of Liverpool. Chelsea's titles mean nothing.

Pride above all.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 am

Can't afford to dally any longer, fact is citeh have lots of money (understatement) and even if their manager is a muppet they can soon change that position same as any other. The Premiership is becoming much tougher to win, more rich owners joining all the time won't make it any easier. Makes me more p1ssed off with Houllier in particular and Souness, if only we hadn't given them so much time to do nothing or nothing much more than Evans* did in the league - Houllier may have finished 2nd but how much did that 'feat' cost? Houllier had opportunities to win a title that Rafa is finding hard, he arrived the same time as Mourinho who took over a good Ranieri team AND had more money. Then the mancs picked up again and so Houllier arguably missed plenty of chances to make a title bid.

*Evans finished 3rd twice and 4th twice - once level on points with 2nd, and did so without the funding Houllier and Rafa enjoy(ed wasting) For all the money Houllier spent, his points per game record in the league is only 0.01 better than his predecessor Evans.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redbilly1960 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 am

Manchester City will never win the league no matter how much money they throw at it. I take my hat off to Kaka for telling them were to go and not taking the arab shilling. If you think about it City will always be in the shadows of the other lot and these foreign players will be asking "Manchester who?" When Chelski splashed the rouble greedy mercenary players were attracted to the bright lights of London.The only club you could say bought the title honestly was Blackburn but Jack Walker spent his money on hard working players.
No team has the richness in History, Glory and Winning than Liverpool Football Club. 18 League Titles, 5 European Cups and the best supporters ALL PRICELESS
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:21 am

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:24 pm

unlike City, LFC are a global brand. if the Kuwaities did take over us, we wont end u like City. but if we stuck with the current owners who cant afford to buy players or build a stadium, then we would be worse then City. having said that, i would chose option (1) as though we're at the bottom currently, at least things can be done to improve the situation.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Reg wrote:I dont want to buy the league, I want medium priced players playing out of their skins for the glory of Liverpool. Chelsea's titles mean nothing.

Pride above all.

:bowdown  :buttrock  :bowdown
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion