Christain purslow - Time to move on..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Just to put a timeframe on this, I've had a look: Purslow arrived in June of 2009 and we have had the following transfers since:

2009/2910

In                           Out
Johnson                             Alonso
Aquilani                              Arbeloa
Kyrgiakos                           Dossena
Rodriguez                           Voronin

2010/2011

In                          Out
Shelvey                            Benayoun
Jovanovic                         Riera
Cole                                 Mascherano
Wilson                              Cavalieri
Aurelio                              Nemeth
Poulsen                             
Jones                               
Meireles
Konchesky

If there's anything to what Rafa's saying, there's some significant transfers that have got Purslow's fingerprints on them.  Of course, it doesn't explain away the Robbie Keane, Dossena etc. blunders of the year before, does it? :O

but thing is I thought Rafa was always touted as a strong willed man. People on here didn't want roy because he was a "yes man" - if these transfers were all purslow and not rafa,  - it would seem like rafa is also a big “yes man”
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Just to put a timeframe on this, I've had a look: Purslow arrived in June of 2009 and we have had the following transfers since:

2009/2910

2010/2011

Poulsen                             
Jones                               
Meireles
Konchesky

If there's anything to what Rafa's saying, there's some significant transfers that have got Purslow's fingerprints on them.  Of course, it doesn't explain away the Robbie Keane, Dossena etc. blunders of the year before, does it? :O

but thing is I thought Rafa was always touted as a strong willed man. People on here didn't want roy because he was a "yes man" - if these transfers were all purslow and not rafa,  - it would seem like rafa is also a big “yes man”

It is nothing but speculation to suggest that Purslow forced Rafa to accept signings.

FWIW I couldn't care less whether Purslow is here or not
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:His one desicion when it came to football matters was who to replace Rafa - and look what happened - monumental mistake .

But was that the only decision?  If I understand Rafa's "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a bottle of milk" comments, he's implying that Purslow decided (or had a big hand in deciding) who to sign over the past two seasons.  Now, I know a few will have read that and said, "go 'ed Rafa, lad, tell us how they screwed you over."  A few others will have no doubt read that and thought "right, here he is passing the buck again."  But, to be honest, I'm not in either camp/posse/brigade (delete as appropriate)--I'm genuinely curious whether there's any evidence to corroborate Rafa's claim.  Did Purslow have a role in deciding who we signed over the last few transfer windows?  It's actually a huge question because a lot of my frustration with Rafa was his poor signings over the last 2 seasons, while a lot of people have slammed Roy for his signings this summer.  Maybe it was "fecking Purslow"  :angry: pulling the strings after all? ???

If I'm honest mate I can't see Purslow doing the signing of players BUT he may off had some input in who was allowed to be signed for financial reasons - I'm hoping that he didn't say no to any players because of any other reasons . I don't think we will ever know the full story tbh .
Benny The Noon

Postby jono » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Reg wrote:Apparantly SSN is saying he is staying on as Non-Executive director which is logical.

do my posts not show up or summat
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Purslow stands down from Anfield post

Christian Purslow has stepped down from his temporary position as Liverpool's managing director following last week's successful £300million sale of the club to New England Sports Ventures (NESV).

However, Purslow will remain at Anfield as a non-executive director and will also act as a special adviser to the new owners.

NESV chairman Tom Werner said of the news: "We are delighted Christian has accepted our offer to help us and the club, given his great experience and love for Liverpool FC. We will now begin a global search process for a chief executive officer."

Purslow added: "I came to Liverpool to lead the club through a sale process to get the best overall deal including, vitally, the removal of the debt. I am immensely proud of what we have all achieved.

"I now look forward to assisting the owners in any way I can at this exciting time as they drive the club forward to a bright future."

Purslow took up the post in the summer of 2009 when he replaced Rick Parry.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:29 pm

I think we need to accpet that under the 'ol' regime, everyone was suffering, including Purslow - who is a liverpool supporter - now that the scourge has been ousted, lets face facts:

New owners will install their own team, and I think Joe the LFC fan on their Books already - who recommended LFC to his chairman, may well get his dream job and become CE.

There will be a new chairman and so it follows that Purslow, will either take-up another role, as some have outlined here, or leave.

Either way - both he Broughton and Ayre's stood-up to these and had to clearly work under very difficult circumstances, so I'd give him some slack here.

If we accept that Rafa suffered under the scourge, than these certainly did, too. When Purslow describes the decision re: Rafa 'mutual by consent' it means it was eveident to both parties that things were not gonna improve for Rafa, re: transer budget etc.. no-doubt the owners will have been instrumental in that message.

Lets not forget that Purslow sided with the just decsion for LFC when it counted and stood firm in the face of court action .. lets show some respect fellow REDs.. lets show some class !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:His one desicion when it came to football matters was who to replace Rafa - and look what happened - monumental mistake .

But was that the only decision?  If I understand Rafa's "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a bottle of milk" comments, he's implying that Purslow decided (or had a big hand in deciding) who to sign over the past two seasons.  Now, I know a few will have read that and said, "go 'ed Rafa, lad, tell us how they screwed you over."  A few others will have no doubt read that and thought "right, here he is passing the buck again."  But, to be honest, I'm not in either camp/posse/brigade (delete as appropriate)--I'm genuinely curious whether there's any evidence to corroborate Rafa's claim.  Did Purslow have a role in deciding who we signed over the last few transfer windows?  It's actually a huge question because a lot of my frustration with Rafa was his poor signings over the last 2 seasons, while a lot of people have slammed Roy for his signings this summer.  Maybe it was "fecking Purslow"  :angry: pulling the strings after all? ???

If I'm honest mate I can't see Purslow doing the signing of players BUT he may off had some input in who was allowed to be signed for financial reasons - I'm hoping that he didn't say no to any players because of any other reasons . I don't think we will ever know the full story tbh .

All i can add is that in the summer, post Rafa and pre Roy, some business was still being done.  I can only assume Purslow was behind it.

But when Rafa was here, and now Roy, Im unsure who gets the final say.  Clearly not Purslow anymore if he ever did.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Oh.. decsion made :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Ian Ayres handed in his resignation yesterday, but was told to stay he has a future at the club, this is good news he has done a great job.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Ciggy wrote:Ian Ayres handed in his resignation yesterday, but was told to stay he has a future at the club, this is good news he has done a great job.

:nod

Keep him in marketing, commercial and sales, done excellent there.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:08 pm

jono wrote:
Reg wrote:Apparantly SSN is saying he is staying on as Non-Executive director which is logical.

do my posts not show up or summat

Sorry mate, didnt see your post.  :kungfu:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redangel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm

zarababe wrote:I think we need to accpet that under the 'ol' regime, everyone was suffering, including Purslow - who is a liverpool supporter - now that the scourge has been ousted, lets face facts:

New owners will install their own team, and I think Joe the LFC fan on their Books already - who recommended LFC to his chairman, may well get his dream job and become CE.

There will be a new chairman and so it follows that Purslow, will either take-up another role, as some have outlined here, or leave.

Either way - both he Broughton and Ayre's stood-up to these and had to clearly work under very difficult circumstances, so I'd give him some slack here.

If we accept that Rafa suffered under the scourge, than these certainly did, too. When Purslow describes the decision re: Rafa 'mutual by consent' it means it was eveident to both parties that things were not gonna improve for Rafa, re: transer budget etc.. no-doubt the owners will have been instrumental in that message.

Lets not forget that Purslow sided with the just decsion for LFC when it counted and stood firm in the face of court action .. lets show some respect fellow REDs.. lets show some class !

Very well said !
Redangel

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm

See yeh Christie la ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:50 pm

2009/2910

2010/2011

Poulsen                             
Jones                               
Meireles
Konchesky

Well rafa wasnt happy because the new contract he signed and the promises given wasnt be honored.
So its possible. Certain people will no doubt hate the notion though.
Didnt like Purslow since day one and the people I know who have met him feel the same.
Thanks for eventually putting a shift in but I`m happy you have a smaller role now.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 pm

bavlondon wrote:Purslow added: "I came to Liverpool to lead the club through a sale process to get the best overall deal including, vitally, the removal of the debt. I am immensely proud of what we have all achieved.

I thought and he stated in interviews with sos his remit was to secure a 100 mill in investment by last spring and if that didnt happen he would have failed in his job, well guess what......

No mention of that though, just his saviour bit.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion