Christain purslow - Time to move on..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby worcester_red » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:47 am

NANNY RED wrote:When will people learn its not about fu,cking Rafa ,  is rafa Purslow now . fu.ckin hell we have said thanks for what he done along with Broughton , i helped get rid of the vernim but does that make me a candidate for CE . no , i didnt want him before and i dont want him now,

Were you saying get rid of Purslow before Rafa's comments though? Were you saying it last week when he was instrumental in getting rid of tw1t and tw@t?
worcester_red

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 am

worcester_red wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:When will people learn its not about fu,cking Rafa ,  is rafa Purslow now . fu.ckin hell we have said thanks for what he done along with Broughton , i helped get rid of the vernim but does that make me a candidate for CE . no , i didnt want him before and i dont want him now,

Were you saying get rid of Purslow before Rafa's comments though? Were you saying it last week when he was instrumental in getting rid of tw1t and tw@t?

yep . been saying it for months ,if you read my posts, He was brought in by them two with the sole purpose of finding investment, not meddleing in football or managerial decisions, of which he has no expetise of what so ever.
Last edited by NANNY RED on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redangel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:18 am

God knows what people will do if it turns out that  Kenny was sounded out about Rafa going and agreed he needed to go.

Will everyone want Kenny out then as well. :(
Redangel

Postby neil » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 am

rafas achillies heal resurfaces. Milk lol.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Don't understand this thread, we were cheering him last week and now some want rid. Crazy. No wonder people say supporters are 'fickle'.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:33 pm

He did an outstanding job getting rid of the yanks and will be always remembered for that - the problem is when it comes to football matters he is a money man making football desicions and we are witnessing what happens when you let a money man make a football desicion .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 pm

CEO does not need to a football man.

He needs to be a business man, if this wasnt the case we would have loads of old football players as CEO's

Purslow has proven himself in my eyes, no need to change
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:36 pm

His one desicion when it came to football matters was who to replace Rafa - and look what happened - monumental mistake .
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:His one desicion when it came to football matters was who to replace Rafa - and look what happened - monumental mistake .

Exactly so lets take that out of his job description.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Reg wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:His one desicion when it came to football matters was who to replace Rafa - and look what happened - monumental mistake .

Would have no problems with that - but i would prefer Ian Ayre to do the financial side of things - he is the one that has brought in a lot of money - so what job does Purslow do ?
Benny The Noon

Postby worcester_red » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
worcester_red wrote:

yep . been saying it for months ,if you read my posts, He was brought in by them two with the sole purpose of finding investment, not meddleing in football or managerial decisions, of which he has no expetise of what so ever.

OK fair enough.  :D
worcester_red

Postby worcester_red » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Reg wrote:

Would have no problems with that - but i would prefer Ian Ayre to do the financial side of things - he is the one that has brought in a lot of money - so what job does Purslow do ?

As far as I understand it Ayre takes care of marketing and merchandising etc, totally different from finances. I think Purslow is doing a damned good job and as long as we can get a football director then he won't have to meddle in who we get as a manager etc. Bear in mind that tw1t and tw@t probably had a big say in getting hold of Hodgson as well becuase he was cheap or whatever it was that drove them.
worcester_red

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Getting rid of rafa was the correct decision..  Replacing him at that point in time was near impossible as we where still stuck with G&H and no top manager wanted to touch us.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Reg wrote:

Ian is sales not finance
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 pm

But was that the only decision?  If I understand Rafa's "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a bottle of milk" comments, he's implying that Purslow decided (or had a big hand in deciding) who to sign over the past two seasons.  Now, I know a few will have read that and said, "go 'ed Rafa, lad, tell us how they screwed you over."  A few others will have no doubt read that and thought "right, here he is passing the buck again."  But, to be honest, I'm not in either camp/posse/brigade (delete as appropriate)--I'm genuinely curious whether there's any evidence to corroborate Rafa's claim.  Did Purslow have a role in deciding who we signed over the last few transfer windows?  It's actually a huge question because a lot of my frustration with Rafa was his poor signings over the last 2 seasons, while a lot of people have slammed Roy for his signings this summer.  Maybe it was "fecking Purslow"  :angry: pulling the strings after all? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion