Christain purslow - Time to move on..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Purslows stepped down, see yer Roy  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm

he's stepped down apparently. thanks and goodbye.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:His one desicion when it came to football matters was who to replace Rafa - and look what happened - monumental mistake .

But was that the only decision?  If I understand Rafa's "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a bottle of milk" comments, he's implying that Purslow decided (or had a big hand in deciding) who to sign over the past two seasons.  Now, I know a few will have read that and said, "go 'ed Rafa, lad, tell us how they screwed you over."  A few others will have no doubt read that and thought "right, here he is passing the buck again."  But, to be honest, I'm not in either camp/posse/brigade (delete as appropriate)--I'm genuinely curious whether there's any evidence to corroborate Rafa's claim.  Did Purslow have a role in deciding who we signed over the last few transfer windows?  It's actually a huge question because a lot of my frustration with Rafa was his poor signings over the last 2 seasons, while a lot of people have slammed Roy for his signings this summer.  Maybe it was "fecking Purslow"  :angry: pulling the strings after all? ???

Carraghers two year extension on friday needs looking into IMO.

Ecspecially after hearing what John Henry said.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Broughton's gone, Purslow's gone (if true) so who the feck is going to sack Woy? :laugh:

Ciggs what do you mean about Carra/Henry?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:His one desicion when it came to football matters was who to replace Rafa - and look what happened - monumental mistake .

But was that the only decision?  If I understand Rafa's "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a bottle of milk" comments, he's implying that Purslow decided (or had a big hand in deciding) who to sign over the past two seasons.  Now, I know a few will have read that and said, "go 'ed Rafa, lad, tell us how they screwed you over."  A few others will have no doubt read that and thought "right, here he is passing the buck again."  But, to be honest, I'm not in either camp/posse/brigade (delete as appropriate)--I'm genuinely curious whether there's any evidence to corroborate Rafa's claim.  Did Purslow have a role in deciding who we signed over the last few transfer windows?  It's actually a huge question because a lot of my frustration with Rafa was his poor signings over the last 2 seasons, while a lot of people have slammed Roy for his signings this summer.  Maybe it was "fecking Purslow"  :angry: pulling the strings after all? ???

Aquilani signing was purslow's fault
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:29 pm

non-executive director & special advisor is his new role
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm

metalhead wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Aquilani signing was purslow's fault

Really?  How do we know, mate?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Really?  How do we know, mate?

I'm just taking the p!ss man :D

I agree with your post
Last edited by metalhead on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Lads,

I dont like whats going on at the club at present, it worries me.

Under the old autocratic regieme a manager was appointed who is currently struggling to gain any notion of credible performance and we're 19th in the league.

Broughton left the club shortly after the takeover, with thanks to him but he didnt undertake any form of handover process with the new owner.

Now Purslow has left. I'm not going to say jumped ship or fled, but he has left, again without any form of handover process.

The club has ONE remaining board member, of the FIVE of 1 week ago. Its unprofessional.

When the club needs leadership under a rocky start to the season, the directors are clearing their desks and waving goodbye!

Will Ayres leave?

If you ask HOW could we end up being relegated, then this kind of lurching in the dark is the answer.

I dont like it one bit, it is extremely unsettling.

Who do I send my CV to?  I'll sort these feckers out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Reg wrote:Broughton left the club shortly after the takeover, with thanks to him but he didnt undertake any form of handover process with the new owner.

Now Purslow has left. I'm not going to say jumped ship or fled, but he has left, again without any form of handover process.

Don't know, maybe they did?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Just to put a timeframe on this, I've had a look: Purslow arrived in June of 2009 and we have had the following transfers since:

2009/2910

In                           Out
Johnson                             Alonso
Aquilani                              Arbeloa
Kyrgiakos                           Dossena
Rodriguez                           Voronin

2010/2011

In                          Out
Shelvey                            Benayoun
Jovanovic                         Riera
Cole                                 Mascherano
Wilson                              Cavalieri
Aurelio                              Nemeth
Poulsen                             
Jones                               
Meireles
Konchesky

If there's anything to what Rafa's saying, there's some significant transfers that have got Purslow's fingerprints on them.  Of course, it doesn't explain away the Robbie Keane, Dossena etc. blunders of the year before, does it? :O
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Christian Purslow for new manager!!! gets transfers done quickly :buttrock  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm

I have a feeling that Benitez was trying to say he had other targets but Purslow wasnt able to grant the money to sign those players, echoing back to Rafas fallings out with Rick Parry. It keeps coming back to that infamous quote he made at Valencia "I wanted a table and they bought me a lamp."

Perhaps he was looking to bring in Eto'o, Messi and Villa every summer and had to settle for Jovanivic, Voronin and N'Gog. I probably be angry too :D
burjennio

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Apparantly SSN is saying he is staying on as Non-Executive director which is logical.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Its clear that Rafa missed out a number of times on top targets.  He wanted Silva for a long time.  he also wanted Simao and possibly Villa but it wasn't possible.

And remember, "the club" signed Robbie Keane.  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion