CHARLTON VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:53 am

I'm almost so fed up with Morro and Cisse. They both can't hit a barn door. Morro losses balls and only sometimes make telling passes like he did against Portsmouth in the FA Cup. Otherwise, he gets dispossessed way too easily and can simply be outmuscled by opposing defenders off the ball, resultuing in moves breaking down. However, he does track back like a demon (for a striker).

Cisse is worse. Oblivious to almost everything around him and can't make much goos ude of his searing pace and his powerful shot. Woefully inconsistent, especially on his first touch and mostly producing an undesired rather than desired effect. Can't hit a barn door.

Crouch will not score much but Fowler can feed off him. Fowler needs to be a bit fitter and he would obviously benefit from second balls off Crouch.

No Cisse, no Morro in the starting line-up. Let Fowler have a chance.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:12 am

azriahmad wrote:I'm almost so fed up with Morro and Cisse. They both can't hit a barn door. Morro losses balls and only sometimes make telling passes like he did against Portsmouth in the FA Cup. Otherwise, he gets dispossessed way too easily and can simply be outmuscled by opposing defenders off the ball, resultuing in moves breaking down. However, he does track back like a demon (for a striker).

Cisse is worse. Oblivious to almost everything around him and can't make much goos ude of his searing pace and his powerful shot. Woefully inconsistent, especially on his first touch and mostly producing an undesired rather than desired effect. Can't hit a barn door.

Crouch will not score much but Fowler can feed off him. Fowler needs to be a bit fitter and he would obviously benefit from second balls off Crouch.

No Cisse, no Morro in the starting line-up. Let Fowler have a chance.

Unfortunately, I think your appraisal of Nando pretty much sums up Crouch as well.  His 'touch' is vastly overrated and I don't remember many killer balls from him lately either.  What I do see is the opposition learning to back off him when he brings down a high ball and two of them then gang up on him to nick the ball as he brings it under control.

Although I too am dissapointed in Nando's form I still think his pedigree and class is proof that he can actually do the business.  There's a big difference between having unproven potential like Crouch and proven ability but no form like Nando.

I just dont think that Crouch has the aerial ability or the technical skills to match an in form Nando and as such I don't see how he offers anything that Nando doesn't.  I prefer to give Morientes the opportunity to regain some form and confidence along side Fowler.  Crouch is playing to the best of his ability - Nando isn't.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:41 am

This will be hard game tonight.
I saw their game with chelsea(a week b4 we went to stanford bridge) the other day and thought they played really well.
They gave as much as they got and at times looked the better team.
And they could even have won the game.

The points to note is that murphy was not playing in that game and one of the bent strikers scored a beautiful goal.

The starting team i would recommend is:

-------------Dudek----------------
Finnan-----Carra----Hyppia-----Riise
--------Alonso----Sissoko
Garcia--------Hamman----------Kewell
-------------Cisse------------------

Subs:crouch,traore,Hamman,fowler and carson

I start fowler on the bench as he himself has said he's not fully fit and so will?(should) probably play the last 30 minutes.
66-1137139704

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:07 am

TheoRacle, I agree that Morrientes is a class act but perhaps the EPL is too fast and furious for him. He does not get any time at all on the ball to play his game and he is struggling to produce his true form. His form at Monaco while on loan there proved that Real were wrong to sideline him for the Galacticos. But in France as in Spain, he'd get more time and get shoved much less than in England where the physical aspect and the furious breackneck pace of the game is part and parcel of the football culture here.

How long should we wait for him to be able to deliver the goods? I believe that if he does not do the business this season, Rafa will ship him out.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:21 am

Without Gerrard I like to see Didi back into the starting 11 alongside Alonso with Garica out on right.
Up front Nando/Crouch with Fowler
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Theo@home » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:24 am

I agree Azriahmad, this is it for Morientes -another reason I believe he should be every opportunity to give us a return on our investment. 

WRT your argument about him being easily shoved off the ball, I don't really think Crouch shows more strength - he seems too easily dispossed for my liking too.
Theo@home

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:56 am

Likely Line-up:

Dudek

Finnan     Carragher     Hyypia     Riise

Garcia     Alonso     Sissoko     Kewell

Morientes     Fowler / Crouch

Subs: Carson, Cisse, Agger, Warnock, Crouch/Fowler
---------------

Fowler looked liked he developed a decent understanding with Morientes when he came on against Birmingham. I think the Fowler - Morientes combo could be promising.

Garcia is the natural replacement for the right side seeing as Gerrard is missing. He may be a liability sometimes but you need to replace the creativity that Gerrard provides, given it won't be the same level but if we play someone less creative we just won't win.

This is an important game, I can't see Rafa playing any unconventional line-up or formation. People like Agger and Kromkamp won't start, Fowler may even miss it. Dudek will play in goal, this is an good opportunity to maintain a decent value for Dudek - as long as he plays a little this season he'll be worth something decent at least.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:07 am

TheoRacle, I agree that Morrientes is a class act but perhaps the EPL is too fast and furious for him.

I did mention this "thing" a few weeks ago, but i still don't understand why Rafa still want to play him. Maybe bias .

How long should we wait for him to be able to deliver the goods?

I don't know but I do know that Liverpool have to start winning games ASAP. I think Rafa have to start "make" a right formation ( 4-4-2 NOT 4-5-1 ) and right player at the right position ( Cisse at striker NOT RM, HK at LM NOT at RM ) .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 am

Fowler & Cisse up fornt
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:12 am

LiverpoolMadman, I think Rafa will wait untul the end of the season. Like he has shown before for Nunez, Pellegrino and Josemi, there is a limit to his patience and if it does not work out, he won't sit on his mistakes and look to sell/move them on...unlike a certain Frenchman who is cluless about his own players' best playing position, cluless still on what to do with failure signings and let them rot in the reserves and goes on buying new ones and make them fail too eventually.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:19 am

LiverpoolMadman, I think Rafa will wait untul the end of the season. Like he has shown before for Nunez, Pellegrino and Josemi, there is a limit to his patience and if it does not work out, he won't sit on his mistakes and look to sell/move them on...unlike a certain Frenchman who is cluless about his own players' best playing position, cluless still on what to do with failure signings and let them rot in the reserves and goes on buying new ones and make them fail too eventually.

I dont think he's cluless , he want to play as striker ( as 4-4-2 ) but Rafa wants him as RM (as 4-5-1 ).
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:09 am

LiverpoolMadman, the "Frenchman" I was referring to is none other than our "5 trophy won in one calender year" Gerrard Houllier, not Cisse. hence the references to his own players' best position etc.

As for Cisse, both him and Morrientes are not up to the required standard. Cisse may thrive in the French league against teams who lack physical strength unlike the EPL and with plenty of mickey mouse teams against whom he can unleash his pace and score loads of goals. I'm miffed that we paid 14 million on a player who we will be lucky to recoup even half of the amount. He has been played in the centre, although not as often as Morrientes, but he is woefully inconsistent, especially in his first touch which mostly are atrocious, and he does not have much awareness to capitalise on the build-up play by his team mates.

Both of them will have to go in the summer if they do not do the business for us.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby I_A_N » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:17 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8761860036&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:UK:11

igned Liverpool shirt on ebay!! Bargain -
I_A_N

Postby ynwa » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 am

should be a easy win to day.what time is the kick off. rafa should put fowler from the start
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:22 am

ynwa wrote:should be a easy win to day.what time is the kick off. rafa should put fowler from the start

Bit confident there i think!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion