Chances of winning epl or europe again? - Next season, your views...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:00 pm

real fan from abroad wrote:  We need ofensive power on our flangs somebody like Bridge or Parker!!

:D  Dont let woolly hear you saying that  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:05 pm

I think that we need only 3 new players: goalkeeper(probablr Raina) and two players to the defence, LB and RB because realy how often did anybody saw Traore of Finan atacking!!!
  We need ofensive power on our flangs somebody like Bridge or Parker!!

First of all we don't need a RB. Finnan has been superb all season, if you haven't see that then thats you're problem. I wouldn't mind having a backup RB but Finnan doesn't need to be replaced. He's proved that last season.

Scott Parker isn't a fullback, he's a central midfielder and has been signed by Newcastle.

Wayne Bridge would be a good buy for a LB, however it's unlikely that Mourinho will let his second best LB go to rivals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 65-1114725958 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:19 pm

Thing is, As regards Chelsea next season, their key player, Frank Lampard, may get a broken leg and be out for a few months, that would affect their title hopes . Lat season they lost 1 game, Arsenal went u beaton the season before, doesn't mean that they are going to repeat that. They have to churn out those results, not simply turn up, and might get a lot of draws.

Also, It's easy to "win the league", if you've been given a blank cheque! IMO, rules should be put in place to limit the amount you can spend in one season, just like the "3 Foreigner" rule they used to have. After all, Football is a sport, not an invitation for some Russian prat to come in and use a team like a guinea pig.!

A lot of teams don't have any cash to spend in the transfer window, it can hardly be deemed "fair" can it?

Look at formula 1, rules have been changed to make it more competitive, the same should be done for football.
This wouldnt effect Rafa, a tactician, as I believe he can buy the right players, not neccesarily costing the earth.

Step in ...the FA!
SCandelous.
65-1114725958

Postby skipper » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:40 pm

This wouldnt effect Rafa, a tactician, as I believe he can buy the right players, not neccesarily costing the earth.

Very true.

Alonso for only 10 mil is a good example.

Hopefully, Rafa gets the guys with the right character and work ethic.  Some of them could come pretty cheap.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:42 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:I think a lot depends on your signings. So far i dont believe you have Signed a single player (correct?).

Your current squad is strong, but has weak links on the flanks and at the back and I dont believe would be capable to challange for the League. You need quality on the bench to step and and fill up holes created by players who get tired as they are playing so many games - Liverpool doesnt have that.

However if you make a few signings, a new keeper, a new full back and CB. A wing wizzard since you already have a central playmaker in Garcia then you would have a strong chance in the League.

As for the CL im sure you cannot win it. Not because you dont have the ability to, but because there are a lot of clubs who are going to be looking at the trophy since they have missed out on it just by inches --> Madrid havent won it and Zizu and co. will be looking at it as their last piece of sliverware before they retire, for Milan its more important than the Serie A, Juve will be in the running, Chelsea semifinalists last 2 seasons and then you have the underdogs who are always dangerous - dont think you stand a fair chance.

We haven't stood a chance since we were away to Juventus last season and look what happened.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:54 pm

Rightly so, no one gave us a single chance. And to be honest im glad it happened the way it did not just becasuse im a LFC supporter but it just goes to show you can buy everything.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion