Champions 2014

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Sun May 11, 2014 6:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 5:19 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 pm wrote:After seeing the title hogged by the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho over the last decade or so it's nice to see a genuine class act win it for a change.

Are you for Fu*king real ?

Last thing I need to hear today is how wonderfull the Man City manager is   :angry:

I thought someone your age woof would know that being magnanimous in defeat is part of the tradition of this club, occasions like when Billy Bremner took his Leeds players over to the Kop (when Leeds were our biggest rivals) and clapping Arsenal off the pitch when they beat us 2-0 are what separate this club from the rest.

Sorry...but only a LOSER will even attempt to be a MAGNANIMOUS LOSER.  :rasp
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 11, 2014 6:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 pm wrote:After seeing the title hogged by the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho over the last decade or so it's nice to see a genuine class act win it for a change.

Are you for Fu*king real ?

Last thing I need to hear today is how wonderfull the Man City manager is   :angry:

I thought someone your age woof would know that being magnanimous in defeat is part of the tradition of this club, occasions like when Billy Bremner took his Leeds players over to the Kop (when Leeds were our biggest rivals) and clapping Arsenal off the pitch when they beat us 2-0 are what separate this club from the rest.

I understand all of that just call me pettty  BUT I still don't feel the need to stick my tongue up their managers a'rse  because he made one complimentary comment about our club  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 11, 2014 8:16 pm

This is very disappointing. I just hope that next season will be just as good or better because I'm worried about how teams have been stifling us in the past 3 games. Others will use it as a blueprint to beat us.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun May 11, 2014 8:20 pm

To be fair I think our last two performances have been directly related to the Chelsea defeat. Our focus dropped after that night at Anfield.

The key next season will be to win or draw ugly, if only to maintain momentum. Sometimes the perfect performance is not there to be had.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 11, 2014 8:49 pm

We went on a hell of a run to put ourselves right in there but just ran out of legs and even Suarez and Sturridge have looked leggy in recent weeks.

What a terrific effort though for this young team and thin squad who have over achieved to finish second let alone win it.

Right back in there now as a force and need to ensure we recruit well this summer and build on this exciting time.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 pm

So we required 40 points from the last 42 to win the league. We only got 37/42. PROUD   :bowdown
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun May 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Tomorrow morning will wake up with a Sense of amazing achievement! None have imagined it would end this way! Not after the January transfer Window and not before.
BR and the lads showed the world how Football should be played. REAL football and not petrol-Dollars corrupted driven one.
YNWA
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 pm

At the start of the season, I wanted to ask whether you would rather have us out of the top 4 again or lose the title in the worst possible way (at the time, I was thinking about losing the title on goal difference on the very last day, and it almost came true). For me, it was a no-brainer. I would have sold my soul for a top 4 finish, as would have most of us, and that shows just how much we've overachieved this season.

We deserved to win the title, but to be fair, so did City. If we turn a blind eye to their huge amounts of money spent, they're actually a pretty good team. You'd think that their players would act like a bunch of over-payed prima donnas but they don't, they actually have a good character. They have some great players and they finally have a good manager. Heck, I almost feel happy for them. Almost. 

And on the brightest note, at least it's not Chelsea that won it.

It will happen for us lads, we're on the right path.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon May 12, 2014 3:23 am

Redman in wales » Sun May 11, 2014 8:30 pm wrote:So we required 40 points from the last 42 to win the league. We only got 37/42. PROUD   :bowdown

Yes very proud, any other season 37 points would probably been enough
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon May 12, 2014 3:33 am

Although at the start of every season I think we will win the league it's been a bit more in hope than anything, next season tho' will be different, there will be genuine belief, credit to the manager, he's done a fantastic job with what he's had available. Other challengers and the media now take us seriously again, I am really looking forward to the build up to next season and of course being in the champs league again.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:12 am

If we had played like we have over the last 9 months for the whole of last season we'd have won it. I mean, everyone struggled a bit last season which meant a poor Man utd team actually won it.

This season we have just found our groove. make the defense solid and we'll be right up there again next season. I think Chelsea will struggle again to score goals, Man City will be the team to beat again, Ar$nel will be about the same or maybe drop off a bit if Wenger moves to Monaco, Man utd will maybe gain a place or 2 on this season. All in all I can see next season being about the same as this season with us and Man City batting it out at the top. Lets see how we invest.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Welsh LFC » Mon May 12, 2014 9:29 am

Great effort by the lads but came up too short in the end.

Still though, WE'VE GOT CL FOOTBALL BACK AT THE HOME OF ENGLAND!!!
Welsh LFC
LFC Basic Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:24 pm

maguskwt » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:34 am wrote:We need to improve our defense... otherwise we won't stand a chance... all the hard and good work done by the front 4 goes to waste if the defense is leaking goals...

Our season in a nutshell.

This is where we should concentrate ALL our efforts over the summer.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Leonmc0708 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:24 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:34 am wrote:We need to improve our defense... otherwise we won't stand a chance... all the hard and good work done by the front 4 goes to waste if the defense is leaking goals...

I think it's too easy to lump all the blame on the back 4 for those 50 goals we conceded. No team in the division defends with just 4 players, defending is a team effort.
I don't think our back 4 have had enough protection from our midfield, our CM's are too eager to drop right back into our box (which invites pressure) instead of pressing high up the pitch.
Btw nice too see you back Leon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 17, 2014 6:30 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 16, 2014 12:21 pm wrote:
Leonmc0708 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:24 am wrote:

I think it's too easy to lump all the blame on the back 4 for those 50 goals we conceded. No team in the division defends with just 4 players, defending is a team effort.
I don't think our back 4 have had enough protection from our midfield, our CM's are too eager to drop right back into our box (which invites pressure) instead of pressing high up the pitch.
Btw nice too see you back Leon.

This!

Just to add that our goalkeeper needs to be much better with his feet and ours is not. Every time we passed back to the goalie in the second half of the season opposing attackers all pressed hard hoping to force a mistake ( which very often happened). This means that opposing managers gave them instructions to play that way highlighting a glaring weak link in our defence. Unfortunately we did have a dodgy keeper last half of the season and that had nothing to do with the midfield. A goalie needs to ooze confidence and be a vocal leader, I'm not sure ours has or is either.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion