7 th
5%
8 th
No votes
Lower than 8 th
3%

Total votes : 66

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Very interesting to read this thread from the start...

The fact its in our hands with home games against City and Chelsea to come with 6 games left is absolutely superb.

To be completely honest, Sterling, Henderson, Allen and Flannagan have all come on leaps and bounds this year and suit the system perfectly. They've really impressed and helped us make the extra steps up. Its been absolutely incredible the progress we've made with the squad and players we have at our disposal. Henderson has saved us having to find a replacement and has earnt another season and Sterling looks like he could be turning into a £20,000,000 player, which is something I didn't see coming.

Gerrard has been inspirational, Coutinho although a little inconsistent has shown signs of pure and utter class and Sturridge should change his middle name to "goals".

Luis deserves his own sentence for his sheer ridiculousness this season.

David Moyes has also played a part in gifting us 6 points and destroying the champions... but all in this could end up being one truely fantastic season.

3rd place to me seemed a million miles off at the start of the season... Let alone being in this position.

Lets finish the job we've started this year.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:07 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:19 pm wrote:Very interesting to read this thread from the start...

The fact its in our hands with home games against City and Chelsea to come with 6 games left is absolutely superb.

To be completely honest, Sterling, Henderson, Allen and Flannagan have all come on leaps and bounds this year and suit the system perfectly. They've really impressed and helped us make the extra steps up. Its been absolutely incredible the progress we've made with the squad and players we have at our disposal. Henderson has saved us having to find a replacement and has earnt another season and Sterling looks like he could be turning into a £20,000,000 player, which is something I didn't see coming.

Gerrard has been inspirational, Coutinho although a little inconsistent has shown signs of pure and utter class and Sturridge should change his middle name to "goals".

Luis deserves his own sentence for his sheer ridiculousness this season.

David Moyes has also played a part in gifting us 6 points and destroying the champions... but all in this could end up being one truely fantastic season.

3rd place to me seemed a million miles off at the start of the season... Let alone being in this position.

Lets finish the job we've started this year.

Never in a million years did i think we would top the table with 6 games left. It's all a dream really, a crazy dream.

But here we are and im delighted to see Stirling and Henderson proving me wrong. They have been brilliant.

I haven't been this excited about being a red since 2008/2009 and i think this season is just the beginning of a new era.

I still cant bring myself to believe we could win the league but im loving the ride.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:15 pm

The difference is between now and in the past, is with six games to go... its in our hands. We can go on a six game winning streak, we're good enough. Forget the games before because that is all that is required. We MUST beat Chelsea and City, I do fear if we slip up in either game its over.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm convinced both the Chavs and City will drop points before they meet us.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:34 pm wrote:I'm convinced both the Chavs and City will drop points before they meet us.

City only have one game to play at home to Southampton before they meet us. Would love it if Southampton could nick a point but can't see it somehow
Red Indian

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Red Indian » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:38 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:34 pm wrote:I'm convinced both the Chavs and City will drop points before they meet us.

City only have one game to play at home to Southampton before they meet us. Would love it if Southampton could nick a point but can't see it somehow

Unlikely, although they are a team in form.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:10 am

I predicted 3rd this season so I'm well pleased we look well on course to achieve at least that ,and maybe God willing even eclipse it with a title victory
achieved by playing in a similar style and manner than when we won our 17th under Dalglish in the 87-88 season.

I remember feeling the same kind of excitement and anticipation I'm feeling now, back then in the late eighties ,when we were treated to some
beautiful flowing football that has stayed with me forever.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:50 am

ronaldo and rvp through their wonderful performance in a single season helped manu clinched the title in 2 separate occasions.
i believe so through SAS sheer determination and grit we may be able to do it.
although city are still favorite now as they have a easier fixtures left.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:50 am

Octsky » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:50 am wrote:ronaldo and rvp through their wonderful performance in a single season helped manu clinched the title in 2 separate occasions.
i believe so through SAS sheer determination and grit we may be able to do it.
although city are still favorite now as they have a easier fixtures left.

They have two more games to play than us and that two more opportunities to drop points, I would rather be in our position than playing catch up as city has to do.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm

we can win all our remaining games  :nod
voted back in sept on this and i said 6th with a decent challenge on 4th would be a step forward. considering the squad we started the season with and the poor transfers there was no way id have predicted we would be in this position with 6 games remaining.
still think its a fine line as beating city and the chavs could give us the league but losing them could put us 4th.
we have really impressed this year and deserve this chance we now have, our home form is the stuff of champions and anfields fortress status returned. away from home we have entertained and scored everywhere. our form since the turn of the year has been exceptional and we can well continue it for another 6 games  :buttrock
really really proud of the team this year  :nod  we have been brilliant
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby laza » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Now that didn't take to long, summer prediction back on track  :buttrock       :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Summer prediction still on track with four games to go    :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Man I loved this club, but...

We cannot afford any points dropped. We have to assume city will win ALL their remaining games. Anything dropped from us will give them the advantage.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Hands up. Who said 1st then?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion