Champions 2014

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:38 pm

I read somewhere that Big Sam will get the sack if they lose to Spurs. That should fire them up a little.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 pm

kazza » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:38 pm wrote:I read somewhere that Big Sam will get the sack if they lose to Spurs. That should fire them up a little.

apparently they gave a survey to the fans and 77% of them want him out  :laugh: win or not id say moyes will be there next season  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 03, 2014 7:53 pm

:down:  City have to play twice in a week.... Its our only hope!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat May 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Perhaps Carroll and Downing could repay the shed load of money we wasted on them   :nod
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun May 04, 2014 2:17 am

What a crazy the last 12 months from almost dying then in a coma and trying to get over the illness LFC have lifted my spirits up. I haven't seen us play this type of football since the 80,s. Now we are back in CL we should strengthen the squad. I think Suarez will stay so it's onwards and upwards and challenge next season. Although this season isn't over yet until the fat lady sings and I have yet to see Susan Boyle anywhere near the Etihad
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Sun May 04, 2014 5:31 am

Starting to look back at the last few games and reflect a bit now that a win looks possible only on a calculator.. I'm wondering has the World Cup played a part in our title slipup? A distraction that could be playing on the minds of our players to protect themselves from injury, not go in 200% but maybe 60-70%

No disrespect intended BUT Suarez's performances have very noticeably dropped, i'd say by as much as 50%. Although he is not injury prone he has the weight of Uruguay's world cup hopes on his shoulders, that has to affect your performance knowing a single bad challenge will end that and with it disappoint a whole country not just a few Scousers. He does not look like the explosive player he was earlier in the season. He can't be burnt out, we have not played that many games! I refuse to believe Suarez is just having a bad patch, just watch him in the world cup he will be back to his best and i'm sure all you England fans will be hoping he won't  :rasp

Players I know for sure would not drop their performance to protect themselves, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Flanno, Skrtel, Agger. You know by the way they throw themselves into tackles!

The rest are up for debate.
killerp

Postby Stu the Red » Sun May 04, 2014 10:10 am

killerp » Sun May 04, 2014 5:31 am wrote:Starting to look back at the last few games and reflect a bit now that a win looks possible only on a calculator.. I'm wondering has the World Cup played a part in our title slipup? A distraction that could be playing on the minds of our players to protect themselves from injury, not go in 200% but maybe 60-70%

No disrespect intended BUT Suarez's performances have very noticeably dropped, i'd say by as much as 50%. Although he is not injury prone he has the weight of Uruguay's world cup hopes on his shoulders, that has to affect your performance knowing a single bad challenge will end that and with it disappoint a whole country not just a few Scousers. He does not look like the explosive player he was earlier in the season. He can't be burnt out, we have not played that many games! I refuse to believe Suarez is just having a bad patch, just watch him in the world cup he will be back to his best and i'm sure all you England fans will be hoping he won't  :rasp

Players I know for sure would not drop their performance to protect themselves, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Flanno, Skrtel, Agger. You know by the way they throw themselves into tackles!

What on earth are you basing that on? ???

I mean, I can totally see where you're coming from with Suarez, his attitude's a disgrace. How dare he drag a fairly average team nearly to a title, and then have the cheek to have a couple of average games. I think that's just disgraceful.

Should sell him.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 04, 2014 1:34 pm

killerp » Sun May 04, 2014 4:31 am wrote:Starting to look back at the last few games and reflect a bit now that a win looks possible only on a calculator.. I'm wondering has the World Cup played a part in our title slipup? A distraction that could be playing on the minds of our players to protect themselves from injury, not go in 200% but maybe 60-70%

I think firstly the saga over the summer gave him a point to prove. I think he was playing above himself in the first half of the season scoring unreal goals, you cannot maintain that form for ever and then he signed the contract extension just before Christmas. He is still fantastic but you cannot play like he was forever as he was unreal and it would be unrealistic to assume he could play like that all season.

In other words he peaked around Christmas when he signed the extension and never found that same form again.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon May 05, 2014 3:04 am

Stu the Red » Sun May 04, 2014 9:10 am wrote:

What on earth are you basing that on? ???

I mean, I can totally see where you're coming from with Suarez, his attitude's a disgrace. How dare he drag a fairly average team nearly to a title, and then have the cheek to have a couple of average games. I think that's just disgraceful.

Should sell him.

Spare me the sarcasm, I know I'll rub a few people the wrong way by raising questions about a fan favorite but I'm ***** off we will miss out on goal difference and seeing Suarez drop off is frustrating as fook to watch. Maybe watching Gerrard all these years I have developed the most unrealistic of expectations, like our go to man sacrificing everything & going all out until end. No matter what. Especially when you have a title in your sights.

Fooking hell all we needed was for him to turn up against Chelsea.  :down:
killerp

Postby parchpea » Sat May 10, 2014 1:31 am

Still on so don't lose all hope, stranger things have happened in football, usual fast start to put pressure on City  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Btw congrats to City, yes they have spent a billion quid in the last five and a half years, and yes, they do have the biggest wage bill in not just football but world sport, but at least they have the brains to appoint a manager who is a class act.
When City lost at Anfield even though he probably thought he'd just lost the title he didn't whinge about any of the decisions that went against him and he rather magnanimously said that we were simply the better side on the day.
After seeing the title hogged by the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho over the last decade or so it's nice to see a genuine class act win it for a change.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 11, 2014 6:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 pm wrote:After seeing the title hogged by the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho over the last decade or so it's nice to see a genuine class act win it for a change.

Are you for Fu*king real ?

Last thing I need to hear today is how wonderfull the Man City manager is   :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 6:19 pm

woof woof ! » Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 pm wrote:After seeing the title hogged by the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho over the last decade or so it's nice to see a genuine class act win it for a change.

Are you for Fu*king real ?

Last thing I need to hear today is how wonderfull the Man City manager is   :angry:

I thought someone your age woof would know that being magnanimous in defeat is part of the tradition of this club, occasions like when Billy Bremner took his Leeds players over to the Kop (when Leeds were our biggest rivals) and clapping Arsenal off the pitch when they beat us 2-0 are what separate this club from the rest.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 11, 2014 6:20 pm

God can't get rid of this feeling that it should really have been us lifting the title this afternoon. I was totally fine but watching the City celebrations has just made me feel sick and irrational. 9 times out of 10 we would have picked up a draw at the very least against Chelsea and with the way they came to defend. With that, I think we would have seen the palace game through as well IMO. This really was the best chance to win the league. Expect Chelsea, Mancs, City all to throw more money in the summer and make it more difficult. I'm sure we can compete again but not sure we will get this good a chance to win it. Really strange feeling at the moment. We have been brilliant and should be elated with what we have done but feeling a bit empty at the moment. Suppose that is football for you. Sure will feel ok again in a day or two
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Doeboy » Sun May 11, 2014 5:20 pm wrote:God can't get rid of this feeling that it should really have been us lifting the title this afternoon. I was totally fine but watching the City celebrations has just made me feel sick and irrational. 9 times out of 10 we would have picked up a draw at the very least against Chelsea and with the way they came to defend. With that, I think we would have seen the palace game through as well IMO. This really was the best chance to win the league. Expect Chelsea, Mancs, City all to throw more money in the summer and make it more difficult. I'm sure we can compete again but not sure we will get this good a chance to win it. Really strange feeling at the moment. We have been brilliant and should be elated with what we have done but feeling a bit empty at the moment. Suppose that is football for you. Sure will feel ok again in a day or two

Just console yourself with the fact that we are back in the mix again mate, we haven't been anywhere near the CL in 5 years and our last 3 finishes have been 6th, 8th and 7th. We were actually in danger of being left behind by the other top clubs but all of a sudden we are now a club on the up.
We have an exciting young manager who plays a brand of football that neutrals admire and the club is talking about bringing in 4 or 5 first team players (Lallana, Konoplyanka etc) which is a welcome change of direction from our transfer policy of the last few years.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion