Champions 2014

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:44 pm wrote:For me there are 3 results that defined our season. Hull A. Southampton H and villa H. Had we won them games we would be champions. But whatever the outcome what a fantastic season we,'ve had. Also we reached our target of returning to the CL. I also have a feeling that Everton will get a result next Saturday. Now that would be ironic

I hope your right mate but I can't see Everton doing anything, they've lost their last 2, they haven't got anything to play for, they've got injury problems and their fans will probably be cheering for City.
I think our only hope lies with West Ham on the last day of the season, City nearly blew it against QPR when they were in the same position 2 years ago and West Ham do have a decent defence.
Plus as we all know Andy Carroll can give anyone problems, it's a long shot and expecting a team who have one eye on the beach to do us a favour maybe clutching at straws but I just don't see Everton doing us a favour.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:43 pm

I would fancy Everton to get something if their injuries were not quite as bad but they look in bad shape at the back.
It is their last home match of the season so I dont think they will roll over and end a very good season with a whimper.
I am sure they will give it their all, whether the players are quite good enough is another matter.
They have won their last 4 against them at home so i've got everything crossed for another big result from them.
We wont claw the goal difference back, we would have to win our last two games by about 6 goals in each.

Whatever happens this has been the best league season I can remember. I was a kid when we last won the league so cant really remember it too well.
But this season we have stood toe to toe with teams that have spent hundreds of millions and played the best style of football out of any of them.
The Arsenal first half is the best I have ever seen. Reminiscent of the late 80's and the forest 5-0.
Smashing Everton 4-0, hammering Spurs twice, walking all over united on their own pitch.
I honestly struggle to believe this has all happened. We have been sensational this season and to do that after coming 7th and 8th the last couple of seasons is phenomenal.

We can still win this if we hold our nerve but even if we fall just short I wont ever forget this season.
Rodgers has put us back on the map.
Chelsea came to anfield yesterday and played as if they were playing against a side who are better than them. That shows the fear and respect Mourinho has for this Liverpool side. For me it shows we are back.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Very pleased with the season but sad that we will loose it on goal difference. ; (
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:34 am

Kukilon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:58 pm wrote:Very pleased with the season but sad that we will loose it on goal difference. ; (

What makes you so sure we will beat Palace and Castle?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:54 am

maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 am wrote:
Kukilon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:58 pm wrote:Very pleased with the season but sad that we will loose it on goal difference. ; (

What makes you so sure we will beat Palace and Castle?

I think After this Saturday we will have a realistic picture over our chances. If City Wins at Goodison we can start summarizing the season.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:01 am

The way this season has gone it wouldn't surprise me if it went down to the last minute of the last game.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:11 am

devaney » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:01 am wrote:The way this season has gone it wouldn't surprise me if it went down to the last minute of the last game.

Maybe carrol will justify the 35m price tag?  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Although it looks very unlikely now, it's still very early to give up. Even if Everton fail, there's no telling what City might do with the rest of their games. We play until it's over.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading Leon Osman's comments today. Even if they might have been put out of context, it was still interesting to read them. Gave me a bit of hope.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:10 am

Correct me if i am wrong but we are still top op the league arent we?

Citeh have got to win all 3 of their remaining games to have it in their own hands ??

I am not saying we will 100% win it but i think their is a lot of gloom around the place when we are still in a great position

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:37 am

Have you seen the form of West Ham and Villa  lately??
4 straight losses and 5 looses out of the last 6 games and nothing to play for.
Hmm, I do wonder if City manage to pull those out of the hat... at home to boot.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Penguins » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:37 am wrote:Have you seen the form of West Ham and Villa  lately??
Hmm, I do wonder if City manage to pull those out of the hat... at home to boot.

Lets hope thats how the City players are thinking as well - there has been a couple of upsets so it aint over yet!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:03 pm

Penguins » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:37 am wrote:Have you seen the form of West Ham and Villa  lately??

I do see your point as these games on paper look very straightforward for city.

However so did Sunderland at home the other week and look what happened there.
Villa came to anfield and drew and west ham did the same at stamford bridge.

All is not lost.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:

All is not lost.

Sometimes these teams like to be the ones to spoil the party as well and seem to find an extra gear from somewhere.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:

All is not lost.

Well, Sunderland is way different though as they are fighting for their PL lives.
West Ham and Villa are right now in a freefall with the season over for both of them.
Together with Newcastle they are the worst teams in the league right now.
I hope, but on the face of it City couldn't have an easier run in.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 pm

no result is guaranteed, not theirs and not ours.
neverton remain our best hope of taking something off them and if that fails then we need to go all out in our last 2 looking to clock up the goals  :nod  if villa lose this week and either sunderland or norwich win then they will be sweating it out and might prompt them to borrow the chelsea bus for their trip to city next week.
all we can do is make sure last weeks result doesnt derail us
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion