Inept defending - We need a centre back now

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:19 pm

yeah playing higher up the pitch is a problem. however at least it means hamann can play more in the opposition's half of the pitch. i like ledley king of spurs or maybe gallas of chelsea. biscan had pace to burn, just a shame he had no football brain or ability.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:21 pm

Biscan is not that fast, Gallas is not a realistic target, and I think Gardner is better than King. Gardner is bigger faster and less mistake prone, though King is strong and is good on the ball.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redstorm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:13 am

I feel that henchoz is to blame for the game at elland road. If u observe both goals that leeds scored, henchoz fumbled at both times. It just so happened that the person who henchoz marked scored or assisted in both attempts. :(
the best is yet to come..
redstorm

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:58 pm

shilton_red wrote:If he wins the eufa cup and 4th place hes done ok . Next season will be the test . Whether he can win his targets is yet to be seen mind . If he gets 4th id  keep him on . We must get rid of the dead wood in the squad .

If we win the UEFA Cup we'll still have made no progress, finishing fourth in the league will be no big achievement this season due to the gulf between the top three and the rest.

Are you happy with finishing fourth or lower and winning minor trophies ..........? ???  I could suggest we change our name to Newcastle or Blackburn if that's the height of the ambitions of club, players, manager and fans
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:09 pm

Short term ambition only , thats the other teams ambitions every season .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:18 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:houllier gets slagged off cause he shouldn't be liverpool manager, hes been in the job 5 years, no nearer to winnign the league

HOUllier p#ss off and take your stupid excuses with you you french tw#t!

Highly insightful post that!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion