Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes : 82

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Match report courtesy of LFC TV
Martin Kelly and Nabil El Zhar both made successful comebacks from injury as Liverpool Reserves booked their place in the semi-final of the Lancashire Senior Cup following a 2-0 win at Bolton on Monday night.

The duo enjoyed 45 minutes apiece as goals from David Amoo and Damien Plessis saw John McMahon's men bolster their bid for a clean sweep of trophies with another assured display.

It was Kelly's first appearance since recovering from the injury he sustained in the first-team's 2-1 defeat against Lyon back in October, and he gave an accomplished showing before being replaced by El Zhar at the interval.

In truth, the majority of the first period was a sluggish affair with the visitors carving out the better openings.

The first chance arrived on 16 minutes when a neat pass from Jay Spearing found Amoo in space, and although the youngster was challenged out of it, the ricochet fell kindly for Alex Kacaniklic. The Swedish winger fizzed in a low shot that was parried by Adam Bogdan but Amoo was deemed offside as he slipped the ball into an empty net.

Bolton responded and Peter Gulacsi showed good handling to deny Aaron Mooy's ferocious 30 yard free-kick before the Trotters no. 10 took aim with another shot from distance that flew five yards over the crossbar.

The hosts were playing some neat football at times and nearly stole ahead on 32 minutes but Gulacsi produced a superb point-blank save to keep out Rhys Bennett's header.

For much of the season Daniel Pacheco has been the second-string's major threat in the attacking third, and after a quiet opening he enjoyed a lively finish to the half that eventually saw Liverpool grab the advantage.

First the Spaniard glided past three defenders and fired just over before setting up Amoo for the opening goal of the game on 41 minutes.

The diminutive forward showed great vision to pick out Amoo's run and after the former Millwall man had rounded Bogdan, he kept his nerve to steer the ball into an empty net.

It could even have got worse for the hosts on the stroke of half-time but Pacheco saw his curler well held by the Trotters keeper after he had cut inside on his favoured right foot.

A goal to the good, the Reds opted to introduce El Zhar at the break, with the Moroccan forward making his first appearance since injuring his knee on the pre-season tour of Asia in the summer.

However, the home side were the first to show in the second 45 and Gulacsi saved bravely at the feet of Javlon Campbell after the striker's impressive control had given him a sight of goal.

Back came Liverpool and some more Pacheco magic should have led to the Reds doubling their lead, but he under-hit his pass to El Zhar after a sensational turn in the midfield.

The Spanish youth international was growing in confidence as the game wore on and another piece of sublime vision almost gave the watching crowd a moment to remember on 50 minutes, but his Xabi Alonso-esque lob from the halfway line dropped just wide of a relieved Bogdan's goal.

It was all Liverpool at this point and El Zhar could have capped a lively cameo with an assist when he burst past two before crossing for Kacaniklic, who somehow fired his shot wide from 10 yards.

Pacheco then curled just off target and substitute Jordy Brouwer miscued when well placed as the Reds continued to probe, but that second goal remained elusive.

With time running out Bolton pressed for a late leveller, but Liverpool held firm and extended their unbeaten run to 11 matches when Plessis converted Amoo's cross six minutes from time.

Liverpool Reserves: Gulacsi, Kelly (El Zhar 46), Mavinga (Threlfall 87), Ayala, Darby, Spearing, Plessis, Irwin, Kacaniklic (Brouwer 74), Pacheco, Amoo. Subs: Oldfield, Mendy.

Liverpoolfc.tv Man of the Match: Daniel Pacheco. Another magnificent display from the Spaniard.

Author: Paul Hassall at the County Ground
Tagged: bolton , reserves , senior cup

Another accomplished performance from the diminutive little playmaker ,I think Rafa is maybe letting him watch from the bench so he has a full understanding of what it takes to be involved ,similar to the methods he deployed  with Alonso when he first signed ...

I fully expect Pacheco to be involved in a greater capacity sooner rather than later ,and I fully expect his precocious talent to warrant more than a spot of bench warming in the near future  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Next Pablo Aimar - tellin yers.....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Totally wasted playing in the reserves. He has nothing more to gain from playing reserve football and should either be getting opportunities with the first team or be loaned out so he can play some competitive football.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 am

red37 wrote:Next Pablo Aimar - tellin yers.....

That's the very fella ,been racking my brains trying to think who he reminded me of Cheer's Red  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 am

I don't think he should be in the starting line-up, but if we have an opportunity to get him on for 20 minutes or longer Benitez should do it.
The Bolton game was an ideal chance to do that, problem is what we all want the manager stubborn that he is, often does the opposite.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 am

yes, Kelly is back.
Carra to partner Spartan in the middle.
Pacheco should be more involved in the first team,
i feel that he has more chance at Barca or Arsenal.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:32 am

He did well the other nite vs. Bolton Reserves.
Highlights here:
http://www.armchairfans.co.uk/video....03.html
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Rafa: Starlet close to debut

Rafael Benitez has revealed how Dani Pacheco is edging ever closer to his first Liverpool start.

The Spanish starlet has made two substitute appearances for the Reds first-team so far this season and has been in dazzling form for John McMahon's reserve side. Pacheco has also been named on the bench for five of Liverpool's last seven fixtures, and Benitez admits the 19-year-old's full debut may not be too far away.

"Dani is continuing to train with the first team," said the Reds boss. "When we let (Andriy) Voronin go (to Dynamo Moscow), we immediately brought Dani into the group and every day you can see that he is progressing. His training is good."

"Every day you are thinking about when you can play, he has been on the bench a lot and sometimes you are thinking when it might be right to put him on. But you also have to think about senior players and giving time to others who need it. The one thing we know, though, is Dani is a player with quality. He has game intelligence and we know that he can make a difference. He is still very young but we are pleased with him and he is doing well."

Pacheco agreed a new deal to keep him at Anfield until 2012 last August, and Benitez is confident the former Barcelona forward has the talent to succeed at first-team level. "Dani has no problems when he is in possession," he said. "He is clever and he always wants to try difficult things but that shows the quality that he has. The fact he is training with us shows what we think of him. He is with us all the time and that means he can play at any time. It depends on the game but, clearly, if he continues to keep working as he has been doing, he will definitely gets his chance."
Eagle

Postby metalhead » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 pm

should drop ngog next game, put pacheco behind kuyt against the romanians, but I don't think Rafa will do that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Posative words from Rafa there. Can't be too long now before we see him in the first team.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:53 am

Encouraging words there from Rafa - I think he knows we have something a bit special on our hands.

You have to expect the kid to get some minutes in against Unirea with the quick turnaround, our league demands and our lack of depth up front. To my mind it doesn't really matter where he plays in this one...just get him on the pitch in an advanced area, surround him with some decent players and I'm sure he'll hold his own.
LFC2007

Postby made in UK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 am

bavlondon wrote:Posative words from Rafa there. Can't be too long now before we see him in the first team.

Yeah positive words.

I hope Pacheco isn't limited by Rafa to 10min cameos here and there for the rest of the season. Then come next season FINALLY give the lad a chance, only to rotate/drop him when he's in blistering form and scoring goals for us.

Its happened before.

He prefers grafters, Lucas and Kuyt who get almost maximum game time. The 'flair' players are in and out the side because their workrate isn't robot like.

:glare:
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:50 am

Well they say actions speak louder than words in Rafa's case that should be taken as read, believe it when you see it. He's been on the bench just FIVE times this season and come off it just ONCE. I think a lot of us get the feeling Pacheco would only come off the bench if we were 99-0 up so what odds Rafa would find a game that he considers not so difficult that Pacheco would start - and ahead of whom?!? Pompey home perhaps is a game he might start Pacheco in, but given we're facing a real scrap for fourth can we afford to give starts to kids?!?!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:37 pm

I honestly think he is too lightweight. A lot of his place is little touches here and there and I can see him getting muscled out quite often. Still you can never really tell until you see him play.

As Ozwat says getting 4th is a must so I wouldn't expect to see him starting any time soon. Maybe in a few games when we are coasting.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Playing Ngog upfront already cost us something. I'd rather have pacheco playing than watching that overrated french striker keep ruining our attacks week in week out.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion