yeh bad luck Ian, all that way for nowt. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:44 am

You Bar-steward :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:52 am

.. that's the first thing I though about.. the supporters who travelled-up.. .. and who makes these miss-timed decisions.. . the bl**dy ref .. again :(
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:54 am

no but how far away is Burnley, it's in Lancashire isn't it?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:58 am

LFC #1 wrote:no but how far away is Burnley, it's in Lancashire isn't it?

About an hour from Liverpool but probably double that during rush-hour in horrendous weather
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:01 am

it'd be worse if you had to go down south or up to tyneside or something, you would flip ya lid if you travelled all that way just to find out the game was off, I'm siure it's annoying enough as it is travelling to Burnley for nothing.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:01 am

Its a 123 mile round trip ???

Thast not really my point. My point is why for evening matches does the FA believe a pitch inspection 45 mins prior to kick off gains anything ? What CAN'T a ref tell from the pitch at say 4PM that he suddenly sees at 7PM ?

And the media (Sky, Teletexy, internet) all saying ALL DAY the game is deffinitly ON when they ALL know the ref inspects 90 mins prior to kick off !

Just another nail in the coffin for this 19th century sport trying to live in the 21st century !

You wouldn't believe this sport is in the 21st century ............It's stuck in the 19th century with NO technology , NO thought for the investors (i.e. Fans) , in bed with SKY and still insisting the referees are infallible !!!!

Rant over :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:04 am

:D well said... and every word of it true.. The Burnley Chairman was moaning about losing the sky money.. while the Manager Coterrel hoped that sky wud come back for the rescheduled match.. typical
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:06 am

Heard that on my way home Zara. No mention of the fans who shell out good money to get to games etc.....just the fall out from SKY and the lost revenue from the pies ??? Disgusting :angry:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:08 am

I think you can use your ticket for the next match, but it may be  harder to get to Burnley on a Tuesday night for many fans.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:10 am

LFC #1 wrote:I think you can use your ticket for the next match, but it may be  harder to get to Burnley on a Tuesday night for many fans.

Its not easy on a Friday night !!!!!!!  :Oo: Believe me ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:52 am

what made me laugh was the fact they claimed they had 'covered up the pitch to protect from rain'...the cover they used was too small and left the rain damaged parts of the pitch open!  :angry:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:58 am

??? Typical , Thanks for that , makes me feel a WHOLE lot better !!!!!!!!! :angry:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:34 am

:D
I remember a game back in the eighties,can't recall exactly when,it was winter and we were late for the "special" upto Sunderland.So we jumped in my mates car and raced over to Lime St.Three of us leapt out and ran for the train whilst Pete found a parking spec in Skelhorne St. to doss the car.We got the train just in time,Pete however took ages and the "special"began to pull away.We couldn't help but laugh as we saw our mate race up the platform with irate guards and a couple of cops behind him.To our everlasting shame we laughed and waved with everyone else,hanging out the windows,as our friend was grabbed and prevented from climbing aboard the football special to Teeside.
     Well we sat back to enjoy the journey and duly arrived at Sunderland.After a brisk hike to the ground in the freezing temperatures,a cup of bovril and a pie was order of the day inside Roker Park.The game kicked off,I'm sure we were wearing our yellow "crown paint" kits and the players were slipping and sliding everywhere.We ,the supporters, weren't fairing much better on the frozen snow that was the terracing.Half-time came it was 0-0 and the announcement over the tannoy confirmed our worst fears,"game abandoned" due to frozen pitch.The groans of dissappointment were only drowned out by the second announcement that we would have to stay on the frozen terracing till our trains were back in the station.To our horror that would be the same time as if the game was completed;It was freezing standing their stamping your feet watching the pitch,empty of players and the rest of the ground sparse of anyone else.Pete will be laughing I thought.
    We eventually got back to Lime St.,freezing cold because the heaters never seem to work on the god forsaken "specials"
got the train back over to the Wirral and headed for the pub.Their standing at the bar was Pete,obviously full of beer,and happy to greet us with a wave and a laugh.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:13 am

lakes10 wrote:rearranged for Tuesday, 19 January.

great....we will be rearing to go against manure then.......bring on the scums...  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion