Benitez everton vs. socieadad - Was he there?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tzvi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:19 am

Hi im an aussie liverpool supporter, ive heard rafa was at goodison from some dodgy websites. Can n e one confirm if he really was? It would be a great sgining if Alonso came to the KOP
Tzvi

Postby Boocity » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:24 am

He was probably watching Alonso
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:25 am

yeah i agree it would be a great signing but we need more than just alonso, our midfield is down to the bones now since cheyrou diouf le tallec murphy diarra all wont be here this season! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby ICE-MAN » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:28 am

to be a fly on the wall in rafa's office :D

i would love to know whats going on! wonder if anyone agrees with me here, i was thinking maybe the board are making sure we actually get into the champions league and have all that revenue guaranteed before opening the cheque book?
i know everyone is optimistic about the new season but the fact is that our squad is weaker now than it was at the end of last season apart from our strike force! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Tzvi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:34 am

Yeh, we r in definite need for midfilders. I think we need about three!
A central, and two rights. Alonso would be GR8! Hes world class!
BUT! CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF RAFA WAS SIGHTED AT GOODISON? OR ARE WE BEING LINKED WITH ANOTHER SPANISH PLAYER!
Possible lineup:Vs. Totenam
                        Dudek
       Risse   Hyypia   Henchoz   Josemi
       Kewell       Alonso??         ????
                       GERRARD
             Cisse           Owen
Tzvi

Postby Redtribe » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:35 am

It may be weaker now but i'm sure Rafa would not be releasing so many people without having players to come in!
I think he will be doing the samew as Wenger in that he will be trying to get the best first 11 before looking to have a great squad!
Which is fair play in my eyes!
I reckon that Alonso will be coming in at some point this week and that a winger either Garcia or phillips will be here shortly!
As i understand from Rafas history he likes good widemen so expext a true right winger to come in!
Shame we didnt snaffle Pennant as he really impressed me yesterday!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tzvi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:41 am

CAN ANY ONE CONFIRM IF RAFA WAS AT GOODISON?
Tzvi

Postby ICE-MAN » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:43 am

yeah pennant is a class act, young english and bags of pace n skill he would have been a great signing he shone for leeds last season on loan even though they went down (haha)!

yeah i heard a bit about this garcia fella but he doesnt actually get his game and they are looking to send him out on loan is that right? alonso would be great but although i respect his judgement over mine anyday im not over impressed with the players we are being linked with, alonso is very good but there were a load of malaga clowns and other spaniards we never heard of, i dont want a repeat of GH's french transfer policy! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Redtribe » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:47 am

Yes Benitez was at Goodison with his Notepad!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tzvi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:50 am

After watching Jon Ostembor a few times last season, i rekon he deserves a chance at right mid or at least on the bench. Im not sure against who, but he was playing right back and dribbled all the way from right bak into the box ! He was gr8! Did he travel to THE USA ?

ICE MAN:
The difference between Houlier and Benitez with regard to ur comment on "fench/spanish" transfer policy  is that Benitez is is fresh out of the spanish league, wehre he compiled a squad similar to arsenals not made up of alot of money but of gr8 talent! at a cheap price add that with a gr8 manager SUCES! Houlier is just an idiot ! He signed alot of French duds, Cheyrou, vignal etc. and was not involved directly with french football! "Cheyrou - the next ZIDANE MY ******!"
Tzvi

Postby Redtribe » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:50 am

Garcia is unfortunately a Left sided player so i am not to sure whether he is Rafa's first choice!
As for the Malaga players i'm really not to sure about them as i have never spent a great deal of time watching malaga!
Though Josemi has impressed with what i saw against Roma and looked twice the player of finnan!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tzvi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:51 am

THamx red tribe! "THE FAMOUS NOTEPAD"!!!!
Tzvi

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion