Bascombe's Pop

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:06 pm

metalhead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 pm wrote:eds, if in case Kenny doesn't improve us in the next season, then fine I think all of us would agree and hold our hands up that Kenny isn't the right person for the job and we should get a new start under a new coach.

But it is still early days and I'm going to be patient and give him a chance to rectify his mistakes and do well

I concur.
Boxscarf

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:48 am

metalhead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 pm wrote:eds, if in case Kenny doesn't improve us in the next season, then fine I think all of us would agree and hold our hands up that Kenny isn't the right person for the job and we should get a new start under a new coach.

But it is still early days and I'm going to be patient and give him a chance to rectify his mistakes and do well

OK lets say Kenny is in charge next season and we end up in 17th place after anightmare season, perhaps form like only winning 10% of the games if you can imagine that. How many top players do you think would want to come to us, and for that matter how many top managers would be interested in taking over, or perhaps even then we should be giving kenny one more chance to get it right.

My point is that we don't have time to wait, LFC as a club stand on the brink of mid-table mediocrity for many years to come if action is not taken immediately, what needs to happen is a new stadium, new manager and replace about half the team, we are talking big money but if it's not doen now then we'll have to wait for some rich arab to buy us in about 10 years time.

Incidentally kenny inherited a fantastic team at Liverpool and bought the title at Blackburn, everywhere else he has failed, so I'm not quite sure about this great manager tag.
heimdall

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:58 am

heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:48 am wrote:

OK lets say Kenny is in charge next season and we end up in 17th place after anightmare season, perhaps form like only winning 10% of the games if you can imagine that. How many top players do you think would want to come to us, and for that matter how many top managers would be interested in taking over, or perhaps even then we should be giving kenny one more chance to get it right.

My point is that we don't have time to wait, LFC as a club stand on the brink of mid-table mediocrity for many years to come if action is not taken immediately, what needs to happen is a new stadium, new manager and replace about half the team, we are talking big money but if it's not doen now then we'll have to wait for some rich arab to buy us in about 10 years time.

Incidentally kenny inherited a fantastic team at Liverpool and bought the title at Blackburn, everywhere else he has failed, so I'm not quite sure about this great manager tag.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I would consider relegation if it got rid of "supporters" like you and Kerry
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 am wrote:

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I would consider relegation if it got rid of "supporters" like you and Kerry
:D

Why don't you for once try to construct a counter argument to what I said instead of just flinging out cheap, petty insults, grow up for heavens sake.
heimdall

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

When you construct a decent argument to counter I will
Until then...kiss my furry beanbag
:rasp
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 pm

ok what happens if we got rid of kenny, we got a new manager, we ended up 17th in the league next season, perhaps form like only winning 10% of the games if you can imagine that. how many top players do you think would want to come to us? and for that matter would any other top managers would be interested in taking over.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

heimdall

Bob Paisley inherited a pretty good side.  Never managed anywhere else.  He was a great manager, wasn't he?  Kenny was able to build his own side with the likes of Barnes, Beardsley, Aldo etc and deserves credit for that.  He has as many titles as Wenger, who is considered one of the best.  And anyone who believes that Ferguson would have as many (or, indeed, be in a job), had Kenny not left, is fckn nuts.  Not having a pop, heimdall, just sayin' is all.
mrt

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:54 pm

mrt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:14 pm wrote:Incidentally kenny inherited a fantastic team at Liverpool and bought the title at Blackburn, everywhere else he has failed, so I'm not quite sure about this great manager tag.

heimdall

Bob Paisley inherited a pretty good side.  Never managed anywhere else.  He was a great manager, wasn't he?  Kenny was able to build his own side with the likes of Barnes, Beardsley, Aldo etc and deserves credit for that.  He has as many titles as Wenger, who is considered one of the best.  And anyone who believes that Ferguson would have as many (or, indeed, be in a job), had Kenny not left, is fckn nuts.  Not having a pop, heimdall, just sayin' is all.

It's a fair point but is also the reason why Shankly is held in higher regard than Paisley. My point was simply that Daglish is not a great manager, he used to be a good one but on current form he cannot be called a great manager, in fact show me any top manager who has a run of 6 losses in 7 games with a big team.
heimdall

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion