Baros stays.........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:56 pm

Is it just me or what, but his legs look ever so skinny in that picture and why are the jeans so tight?? :D
76-1115222408

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:12 pm

Steven Gerrard wears some gay clothes too. Did anyone see him in that tight leather jacket watching the home leg vs Bayer Leverkuson? hehe

I think if Rafa tells Baros he is 4th choice and not going to be playing regularly, the club want him to leave, he will. If he sits on his contract for a year doing nothing at all he will be a much worse player next year and will be off form for the WC. We should tell him to go to Lyon and be done with it.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:20 pm

XSD wrote:We should tell him to go to Lyon and be done with it.

Agree with that, but i think he has a real big EGO and beleives he is too good for Lyon.
And knowing his attitude (based on his comments of late, and recent change of heart on leaving!) wouldnt surprise me if he wouldnt go to Lyon just to spite GH, after bringing him to Anfield to warm the bench.
76-1115222408

Postby Xabi_14 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:07 pm

I'm like the others on here and didn't realise his contract was up so soon.  I thought that he would be gone by the start of next season and thought the time was right for him to move on.  Don't get me wrong,I think he can be a class player at international level but he just doesn't seem to cut it week in and week out.  I'm also suprised that Houllier is after Baros again as he never used him much when at Liverpool!  If he is to stay we need him to sign an extension on his contract so we dont loose him on a free or he should go now.  Maybe he'll prove us wrong by having a blinding season and scoring more than 13 goals and keep himslf fit if he can get into the 1st team (remember he did get a few injuries last season!)
Xabi_14

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:46 am

Xabi_14 wrote: Maybe he'll prove us wrong by having a blinding season and scoring more than 13 goals and keep himslf fit if he can get into the 1st team (remember he did get a few injuries last season!)

Fair enough he had some injuries, but damn who didnt last season??
Garcia also had a few injuries and managed to score nearly as many as Baros, and he is NOT a striker !!!
76-1115222408

Postby neilE » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:57 am

so can anyone say when his contact actually expires???
neilE

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:58 am

December 2006
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:09 am

so do we all think that he's decided to dick us by waiting out his contract???
neilE

Postby lfclfclfc » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:08 am

i have defended baros in the past, and i still think he brings a different dimension to our game - the quick turn, holding off defenders and running at them. however, most of these comes to nought as it is goals that matter in the end. baros to me, has had his fair share of chances, but the way he missed sitters time and time again, coupled with his reluctance to be more of a team player has irked me.

i think he knows that rafa has penned in three strikers for next season with cisse and moro as automatic choices. with pongo and alt deemed as fringe players and mellor likely out, and rafa having priorities in strengthening other areas, the third striker slot is there for grasp and he wants it. it is unlikely that rafa is able to go for kuyt if he is not able to cash in on baros. however, if rafa is able to somehow get his striker in, it'd force baros to rethink - sitting out a season and leave on a bosman is plain stupid - both parties lose out in the end!
lfclfclfc

Postby A.B. » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:09 am

it is unlikely that rafa is able to go for kuyt if he is not able to cash in on baros

How is that unlikely? We have the money to buy Kuyt, without the sale of Baros[which I think will happen, theres no way in hell he's going to stay]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lfclfclfc » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:42 am

A.B. wrote:
it is unlikely that rafa is able to go for kuyt if he is not able to cash in on baros

How is that unlikely? We have the money to buy Kuyt, without the sale of Baros[which I think will happen, theres no way in hell he's going to stay]

it depends on what's rafa's priority. if a goalkeeper and a central dedfender is on the top of his list (reina - 8mil!? and milito - 6mil), catching kuyt at even 8mil would pretty much exhaust his resources (if we take the lower end of the supposed war chest of 25-35mil) he has time and again mentioned the necessity of a deep squad. at the moment there is more of an exodus of deadwoods than influx of players. decent players are going to cost (even josemi cost 2mil!  :Oo: )

rafa's idea was to fund kuyt or crOUCH through the sale of baros. and if baros, in his stupidity and inflated ego, prefers to sit on the contract, we'll be a lot tighter. unless we have a secret treasure map to another 25mil...
lfclfclfc

Postby A.B. » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:41 pm

Reina-8 million
Milito-6
Kuyt-6 + one of our players (I've heard it will be either Dudek,ALT,or Pongolle, most likely Dudek)

Total: 21 million

It depends how much we actually have to spend, so we could still have enough because the sale of certain players. Diouf supposedly was sold for 4 million which may not be a lot but sitll helps us non the less.

I believe that we have more than 25 million to spend, you can't have less money to spend than last year when you win the CL. I know we lost some money last year but we still have plenty for the transfer market.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red Macgregor » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:42 am

If Baros will not go and want's to do a Bosman, then he should put out on loan to some local outfit like Chester, Crewe or Tranmere Rovers where he will lose street cred' and hopefully get kicked black and blue.
Red Macgregor

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:11 pm

Red Macgregor wrote:If Baros will not go and want's to do a Bosman, then he should put out on loan to some local outfit like Chester, Crewe or Tranmere Rovers where he will lose street cred' and hopefully get kicked black and blue.

:D but he still got to agree the loan deal.. i reckon he'd sit on the contract, train a bit and take more time stripping and pouting in front of the camera.  :wwww
lfclfclfc

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:00 am

From Sky Sports

Liverpool striker Milan Baros has confirmed that he will report for pre-season training despite a lucrative offer from Lyon.

The French champions had made the Czech Republic hit-man their primary summer target, with Gerard Houllier keen to be reunited with a player he relied on during his own spell at Anfield.

With Djibril Cisse fit again after a horrific leg injury and Fernando Morientes expected to make more of an impression having had time to adapt to the pace of English football, question marks had been raised over the amount of playing time Baros would be handed next season.

However, Baros is confident of proving himself again next term and has spurned an offer from his former taskmaster.

''I'm going to start pre-season training at Liverpool on July 4 and we will see what happens,'' Baros told CTK.

Baros' agent, Pavel Paska, has confirmed that his client did receive a tempting offer to move to France.

''He wants to play in the English league, he will improve his abilities,'' confirmed Paska.

''He is still only 23. The offer from Lyon was great, in these days even exceptional.''

I definetly think he is just going to wait out his contract and screw us by leaving for nothing or very little just before his contract expires
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion