Baros stays.........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:34 pm

December next year his contract runs out, I admire him for his work rate but, for a golden boot winner who bangs goals in for fun for the Czech republic, and only scored 2 goals for Liverpool this year thats just not good enough, he moaned when Owen and Heskey where picked over him.
he was our only striker in the CL and scored one goal against Leverkusen when he should have grabbed his chance to shine, maybe rafa would have wanted to keep him if he lifted that head up and played for the club and not for himself.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:23 pm

If he only has one year left then he must sign another contract or be sold for whatever we can get.

How could we leave a player get to a year, did they learn nothing from Owen, Mcmanamann, maybe soon SG will be in that position.

Sometimes I think the guys who run this club are chumps.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:27 pm

If you remember he did not moan when Heskey and Owen were ahead of him- he sat patiently. Its only this year he started complaining. One more year for Milan. He'll have got confidence from the good times and learned from the bad ones. I'm positive he'll rove himself next year along with Mori and Josemi. And don't any of you :censored: muppets say that Mori does'nt need to prove himself....
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:35 pm

Hey Ache Face, ( Sorry I meant Eazy E ) we all know mori still has to prove himself .The difference between him and Baros however is that Baros has had more than a season to do it in . Muppet  !

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:50 pm

stmichael wrote:I find it difficult to understand how many of the members on here actually rate him as highly as they do.

He has 13 goals from 36 games, most of which he came off fairly early in the second half as a substitute. That isn't THAT bad.
Halfway through the season he was sensational, but he never actually hit form again after he got a succession of hamstring injuries, which everyone is forgetting about.
After the game against newcastle, where he scored a good goal, assisted mellor with another, and had that overhead kick go JUST wide, I thought he looked like one of the best young players in the premiership, certainly one of the top strikers.
When we were playing everton and juve his confidence from the first half of the season seemed to be gone, hence he missed some clear chances.
His goals to games record with the Czech Republic is fantastic, easily comparable to those of Owen, Henry, Morientes in their respective national teams. Unfortunately I'm not sure on the up to date figure but I know he has added 4 goals in 7 games this season. Does anyone have the exact stats?
He is 23 years old and will not peak probably for the next 3-4 years.

I hope that answers your question.
My main concern is that he can walk on a free next summer, we have to sell him for around 6-8m or get him on a new deal, we can't let him spend another season without signing a deal. Because he will probably be top scorer in the world cup or something, then walk to barca on a free.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:55 pm

He has 13 goals from 36 games, most of which he came off fairly early in the second half as a substitute. That isn't THAT bad.

He has 13 goals in 43 games not 36. He hasn't scored in the last 15 games in all competitions

but he never actually hit form again after he got a succession of hamstring injuries, which everyone is forgetting about.

I'm assuming you're using his hamstring problems as a reason why he hasn't been in good form in the second half of the season but those hamstring injuries he's had haven't prevented him from scoring for the Czech Republic consistantly now have they?

His agent says that he doesn't want to go anywhere but if Benitez doesn't want him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't then he will have to leave. It's quite simple, he doesn't fit into Rafa's plans apparantly and therefore needs to move on.

He has one year left on his contract and I don't think for a second that Benitez will let him run out his contract. He will be sold in my opinion.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:59 pm

if he stays he signs a new contract, simnple. no way we will let him go on a bosman.

i hope in a way he does stay. he went from hero to villain with us all too quickly as his attitude changed. maybe im just getting sentimental again but the guy has done us proud in the past and he adds something different to cisse and mori
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:59 pm

Big Niall wrote:If he only has one year left then he must sign another contract or be sold for whatever we can get.

How could we leave a player get to a year, did they learn nothing from Owen, Mcmanamann, maybe soon SG will be in that position.

Sometimes I think the guys who run this club are chumps.

Exactly what i was thinking, HOW come this keeps happening with our 'better' players as opposed to the c.rap ones that we want rid of.

I'm sure we can all agree here that YES, Milan does have a great work ethic, but so did DIOUF, so if we were judging on that they would both be valuable to the squad.
But the sad reality of the situation is that he simply does not score enough goals for us, especially as we want to kick on again and improve more under Rafa.

To do this, IMO, we need a striker, i repeat a striker, not a forward, an out and out striker, who will get ALL types of goals a la Nistelrooy, six yard box, headers, outside box, etc; for me the goal that he scored against Monaco at Anfield (if any of you can remember) totally sums up Baros as a player, it was a good goal, but he could have so easily squandered that chance, when there were others in what could be said were better scoring positions. Whenever i see that goal, it just makes me think, that Baros thought to himself - 'well i beat all those players so I AM going to put this in the net, MY work, MY goal'

And that is the problem, he is just simply not a TEAM player, and that is what Rafa relies on - A TEAM UNIT - thats how he gets victories, by ensuring everone in the team/squad knows there positions and roles, and that they work as a collective unit, as opposed to a group of individuals (Real Madrid anyone - and look they have won nothing for two seasons now!)

So we must get rid ASAP, we cannot allow another player going for less than they are worth or for FREE for that matter!!!

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:31 pm

To do this, IMO, we need a striker, i repeat a striker, not a forward, an out and out striker, who will get ALL types of goals a la Nistelrooy, six yard box, headers, outside box,

Kuyt anybody?

we cannot allow another player going for less than they are worth or for FREE for that matter!!

I have faith in Rafa so I don't think he will alow Baros to walk out for free.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:39 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Whenever i see that goal, it just makes me think, that Baros thought to himself - 'well i beat all those players so I AM going to put this in the net, MY work, MY goal'

Some people think selfishness can be a good quality in a striker, you see it from Shearer, Owen and Rooney. Obviously going for goal in a bad situation when you can easily pass for a much more likely goal, is stupid. However if taking chances and being selfish returns goals then that is fine.
I don't think Baros is good enough to ever be our number 1, he is not going to replace Owen. However I see him as a very useful player, and one who could improve dramatically even next season, if it was down to me though I'd let him go for 7-8m this summer.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:43 pm

A.B. wrote:
To do this, IMO, we need a striker, i repeat a striker, not a forward, an out and out striker, who will get ALL types of goals a la Nistelrooy, six yard box, headers, outside box,

Kuyt anybody?

we cannot allow another player going for less than they are worth or for FREE for that matter!!

I have faith in Rafa so I don't think he will alow Baros to walk out for free.

That is EXACTLY who i was thinking of (who is available and is a realistic target, though 10Mill might just be pushing it a bit) but didnt say seen as this is a Baros thread, and if mentioned it could have just changed what was being talked about !!!

Secondly, you are probably right about Rafa too - one word -

OWEN

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:55 pm

This may sound like a stupid question but can a player refuse to leave? His agent said today hes not going anywhere and wants to stay, what if baros says no i am not signing for anyone else? What happens then?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:26 pm

I don't think he can.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:39 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:This may sound like a stupid question but can a player refuse to leave? His agent said today hes not going anywhere and wants to stay, what if baros says no i am not signing for anyone else? What happens then?

A player can refuse to leave, of course.

Remember Phil Babb? He sat on his contract in his last season, despite Liverpool doing their best to try and flog him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:46 pm

JBG wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:This may sound like a stupid question but can a player refuse to leave? His agent said today hes not going anywhere and wants to stay, what if baros says no i am not signing for anyone else? What happens then?

A player can refuse to leave, of course.

Remember Phil Babb? He sat on his contract in his last season, despite Liverpool doing their best to try and flog him.

Well i think maybe woof has a point because what Ive read today, baros's agent said hes staying put, and he doesnt want to leave, madness, he is very young he can ply his trade in europe and be a prolific goal scorer not in the prem where he gets kicked to bits, and has to wear one boot bigger than the other cause of the bruises. its stupid rafa wont be to pleased, what a crazy place the footballing world is hey :down:

Oh and here is some pics of baros he got a free car in the Czech republic for winning the CL.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion