Baros stays.........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby wil-kop » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:37 pm

flick past - no!
run into - yes!
"Thats it, game well and truly over, and I hate to say that" - Andy Gray - he always was a gobsh*ite
wil-kop

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:03 am

Heskey than Baros?? LOL Id have NEITHER
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:14 am

Lyon still want Baros which is a good thing. If they make a good offer he'll pack his bags imo.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:27 am

wil-kop wrote:id rather have heskey than baros hands down

give me a break :angry:

heskey is sh1t.....always will be.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:48 pm

Rafa will show Baros the door and it's about time too.  At this point there should be no discussion as to what "Slick" has done for our team.  He's done next to nil.  It is simply incredible that we won the champion's league without a striker producing.  Thank god for Stevie, Hyppia and Garcia.  Hyppia scored more champions league goals than Slick did.:D   and without the bitching!!!!

Do we really need him.  We've got Cisse Nando as our front two. ( remebering Rafa usually plays with one striker)  Then we've got Poggy, who can be off as well.  ALT was great against Juve, I think Rafa will keep him around.   He could prove to be a good striker for us.  You all slag Mellor, not sure why, he scored two Fab goals for us in high pressure situations.  ,,,,please do remember,,,,,

Slick has not scored since Feb.  We won CL so please do tell me how keeping him helps us.  For anyone who actually watches the games instead of playing FIFA 2005 you will know that Baros has been missing sitters for us for at least two years.  How do you figure that this situation will improve?

Rafa will show him the door, said it back in Sept.  Saying it now, he's done.

:blues:
bedlovedays

Postby A.B. » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:14 pm

Hyppia scored more champions league goals than Slick did.:D   and without the bitching!!!!

Hyypia scored one goal and Baros scored two. You might want to check your facts next time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby London_Red » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:06 pm

If anyone still want him i hope he goes, i cant see him staying here and fighting for his place, with cisse back and morientes hopefully settled in he'll be on the bench more next season than he was this one, and if we get another strikher he'll have one more person to fight against.
i cant take another year of him not scoring and then complaining that he's on the bench. its a pitty cos he couldve been a good player, but if we sell him quick at least he'll be one of the few players we will make a profit on.
London_Red

Postby Eazy-E » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:07 pm

Baros does'nt need to play with any striker. Rafa plays 4-2-3-1... :;):
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby bedlovedays » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:09 pm

Right Baros scored against monaco in the 84th minute 15th Dec 2004.
Cisse had scored in that game.
Baros then scored against Leverkusen
Garcia (26) (32), Baros (66)    Garcia had already scored two in that game and one in the game before,,that total already beats Baros and he is not a striker
let's continue
Hyypia 10, Garcia 25  against Juve,,
Pongolle (47) Mellor (80) Gerrard (86)  against Olympiacos
Gerrad scored 2 against GAK

I seem to remember Hyppia scoring  off of a corner kick and then again from just outside the box,,,,

anyway the point is,,,,,,are two goals from a striker acceptable?  surely you are not going to go on and defend Baros? ???? ???
bedlovedays

Postby London_Red » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:14 pm

2 goals is no where near good enough, which is why he'll probably find himself 3rd choice next season if he stays,
London_Red

Postby Garymac » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:21 pm

desperado0831 wrote:I can tell frankly that i am not such impress by kuyt despite he score 29 goals last season in dutch league. Even though i watched the netherlands national team friendly match but i still can't found he's that that kind of striker we want.

Let's flash back to our last season. Although Baros can't satisfy what we'd been expected on him,but didn't he just try all his best to score a goal by running hardly and strongly. Baros is my first choice.

im not impressed by kuyt despite his 29 goals, But Baros trys his best to score a goal, so id have to make Baros 1st choice.....no offence mate but im sure if you give anyone on this forum a LFC top they would try there hardest to score, at this level you need to do more than just try.....if someone puts a 7 million in for him i think it will be accepted, its just whether he will choice to go.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Feeney » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:32 pm

I've said it before that he's not in it for LFC, so we should just tell him straight that he will get less games than last year if Kuyt comes in - i'd gladly take £7m!

If you were only going to play one striker out of Cisse, Morro & Baros, where do you think Baros would come? ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 pm

Anyone know Baros's contract situation for definite??

If he's coming into his last year or even 2 years then I think we have to sell him, coz I can't see him signing a new deal with us even if he gets a fair run in the team next season.  He wants to play in Spain, bottom line, and when he goes we can't afford for it to be a Bosman.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:14 pm

I always knew Baros would stay, he's a terrific squad player at worst. Id sell harry kewell, if we could find a buyer, and offload his 3m a year wages over 5 years plus bonus etc, off the anfield wage Bill.

Please see my other post...."Big mistake selling baros!"

:buttrock
65-1114725958

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:16 pm

stmichael wrote:On the whole though, I simple can't change my mind. I just think he's nowhere near good enough. It's like if I started a thread saying how great I think Antonio Nunez might be, I'd get slaughtered and rightly so cos most of us recognise how average he really is.

Really,let me try posting a thread like that.
116-1104673748

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion