Baros on the bench? - Does this suggest that he will stay?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tiiger » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:05 pm

since he can't play for other teams in the CL this season, his value will drop significantly. Am I rignt? :idea
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:29 pm

I just read that he was warming up on the sidelines in the TNS match.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:31 pm

Tiiger wrote:since he can't play for other teams in the CL this season, his value will drop significantly. Am I rignt? :idea

No you are wrong, if he plays tonight he will be Cup tied, Michael Owen sat on the bench in our qualifier against graz and left 2 days later :glare:
hes warming up anyway.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:36 pm

mikopool wrote:I just read that he was warming up on the sidelines in the TNS match.

Where did you "read" that? Any text live available? I'm anxious to find one.
Tiiger

Postby 3-3 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:37 pm

He was warming up, but is now sitting down looking bored, so he probably won't get on. Le Tallec and Potter are looking very good in this match.
3-3

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:39 pm

i'd be very surprised if Baros played....i think Cisse will come on and we might see Zenden also.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:48 pm

I am bouncing back and forth on message boards to find live audio, but unfortunately I am stuck with the bbc live text, which only updates every 10 minutes.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:50 pm

mikopool wrote:I am bouncing back and forth on message boards to find live audio, but unfortunately I am stuck with the bbc live text, which only updates every 10 minutes.

Listen to it here mate will be on again in a minute
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/index.shtml?logo
Click on listen live.

Ive got the telly on and about 3 commentarys :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:45 pm

I would very much want Baros to stay after a dismal Morientes performance.... missed a couple of sitters against an amateur side...
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:13 pm

Skysports.com have quoted a very reliable source (said to be a friend of the brother of the chap who cleans Florentino Perez' pool) that Real Madrid have ended their interest in signing Liverpool striker Milan Baros as it is believed that the Czech striker (who was top scorer in Euro 2004 don't you know) is now cup tied after he was spotted by fans and television viewers all across the world stretching and warming up mid way through the first half of Liverpool's crucial Champions League Qualifier against TNS at Anfield tonight.

Liverpool spokesman Tony Cotton was quick to play down the incident, claiming that Baros was not warming up but was instead SHOWING HIS BARE BEHIND TO MIKAPOOL FOR BEING A COMPLETE AND UTTER NUMPTY! :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:23 pm

JBG wrote:Skysports.com have quoted a very reliable source (said to be a friend of the brother of the chap who cleans Florentino Perez' pool) that Real Madrid have ended their interest in signing Liverpool striker Milan Baros as it is believed that the Czech striker (who was top scorer in Euro 2004 don't you know) is now cup tied after he was spotted by fans and television viewers all across the world stretching and warming up mid way through the first half of Liverpool's crucial Champions League Qualifier against TNS at Anfield tonight.

Liverpool spokesman Tony Cotton was quick to play down the incident, claiming that Baros was not warming up but was instead SHOWING HIS BARE BEHIND TO MIKAPOOL FOR BEING A COMPLETE AND UTTER NUMPTY! :D

:laugh: It was Tiiger JBG  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:24 pm

real madrid makes me sick :angry:
Tiiger

Postby 2520years » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:26 pm

I could be wrong, but I didn't think you were cup-tied if you didn't play.  I didn't think being on the bench counted.
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:29 pm

Rick Parry was hauled from his bovril and rice cakes after the match tonight to issue an apology to Mikapool for spokesman Tony Cotton's earlier incorrect press statement.

Whiping some crumbs from his lower lip, Rick appealed for calm from a hostile press, and resisted calls for poor Tony's job.

"Let me please be very clear about this. Milan Baros did not - and would not - bare his bare ar.se to Mikapool. I'm sorry for any upset caused to Mikapool and his family. The real culprit here is that scally Tiiger. Christ, even I would bare me ar.se at that chap!"

And with that, the bauld Rick unbuttoned his Boggi slacks, turned his back to the press, and proudly bore his behind.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:40 pm

Who is mikapool? :D

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion