Baros on the bench? - Does this suggest that he will stay?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:20 pm

JBG wrote:Rick Parry was hauled from his bovril and rice cakes after the match tonight to issue an apology to Mikapool for spokesman Tony Cotton's earlier incorrect press statement.

Whiping some crumbs from his lower lip, Rick appealed for calm from a hostile press, and resisted calls for poor Tony's job.

"Let me please be very clear about this. Milan Baros did not - and would not - bare his bare ar.se to Mikapool. I'm sorry for any upset caused to Mikapool and his family. The real culprit here is that scally Tiiger. Christ, even I would bare me ar.se at that chap!"

And with that, the bauld Rick unbuttoned his Boggi slacks, turned his back to the press, and proudly bore his behind.

:down: It is very worrying I seen that on SKY news, bad times ahead :(

:D LMFAO
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:25 am

Seriously i would rather have Baros stay than to sign crouch for 8M
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:00 am

MCYan wrote:Seriously i would rather have Baros stay than to sign crouch for 8M

I agree. 

Baros is only like 22 years old.  Crouch is older and has less potential.  Baros can do pretty well for us if his attitude improves some.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:30 am

i too want baros to stay...... but guess rafa has made up his mind.

If we have baros, cisse & morientas...at least u could say we have a good strikeforce....can't say the same thing about crouch, cisse & morientas though.....

hope morientas gets his focus back in order.....he was quite shocking against TNS.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:10 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:I would very much want Baros to stay after a dismal Morientes performance.... missed a couple of sitters against an amateur side...

Baros is definitely not in the same category as Fernando Morientes mate. Baros is quite selfish when he gets the ball and always check whether the grass is still green. Nando is going through his first pre-season at anfield and is still struggling a little bit to adapt to the english style of play, but he plays for the team, creates openings and scores great goals. Yesterday he was unlucky and he showed a great work rate. He is technically more gifted than Baros and is a proven striker.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:46 am

El Morro lacked match fitness, but he has proven that he is world class, whereas Baros has proven that he can't score 20+ goals and become a main striker.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:52 am

He could be on his way out or then again Rafa could just be resting him to keep him fresh maybe for the second leg. He did say that this week is going to be hard in training.

Another veiw is that he wouldnt have played him in Wrexham unless he was going to use him in the new season. Then again MO played a few friendlies befor he left and also saton the bench against Graz.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:51 pm

I dont think its certain that Milan is going yet, although i think it is certain that Rafa would offload him given the chance. There was no point risking playing him and putting off potential buyers or lowering his value.
And i would rather have Crouch than Baros, he has had a chance and really wasted it.
He drifts out of position too much and loses the ball by running down blind alleys wasting some promising counter attacks.
Crouch imo will hold his position far better and bring others into play.
He may not look the business, but from what i've seen would offer a totally different option to what we've got now.
But i dont think we should be held to ransom over the fee...we should be paying 5 mill tops.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:17 pm

IF baros goes ad like 2 c kuyt come in instead of crouch.A dnt think crouch is worth 8 mill maybe 5m but not 8m.

A dnt think crouch cud offer much we dnt have.Morientes is quality at heading the ball and cisse has height 2. Wot else does  crouch bring ???
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Well he could wear a sombrerro and  act as a  lampshade  ! :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Tiiger » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Baros has dropped his own value through his poor performance, and if he becomes cup-tied, no team will think about him anymore. It's just so frustrating that we don't have too much choices.
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby kaz the kopite » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:52 pm

are there any other club`s interested in baros apart from the initial interest from lyon!! :buttrock 

he`s got to sign a new contract or we have to sell him to the highest bidder! :buttrock
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion