Benitez has to play cisse and baros! - With owen on the bench for a change!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 84-1083280474 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:25 pm

I bet a lot of you disagree dont you?

Well MIchael Owen is not GOD! And should not have a devine right to be in the team. MAybe it would make Michael pull up his socks and find some 'snap' in his pace again.

theres no way Benitez can not play Baros I believe at the start of next season. He has been excellent in the Euros, top scorer, scored something like 20 in 21 Internationals. Although people say he can't do it at club level, these people dont know what they are talking about! Considering he spent the last 3/4 months of the season on the bench, its quite hard to know that isnt it? He hardly played the season before too!
Baros may well decide to leave if, he starts as sub in a lot of games too.

Cisse, top scorer in the French league, and costing 14 million, suggests he aint gonna be a bench player. Seems very confident in himself too, and people say he is quicker than Henry, accurate shooter, and of course can score.

I know who I would choose.....

By the way, Saddam Hussein has been given the Death Penalty.......................But David Beckham is gonna take it!

Chuckle.
84-1083280474

Postby wiped » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:29 pm

I completely agree ... i think that was one of Houliers main failings .. he didn't know when to bench Owen , relied on him too much and feared a "National Outcry" in the press had he had the balls to do it ....

Owen is NOT God .... I'd sell him tomorrow ... I think we have spent 5 seasons trying to find a partner for him  ...

Like Erikson with England in the preparation for the Euro's ... he wasted so many friendlies ****** about with his midfield diamond  - tryin to make players suit a systems , rather than finding a system that best suits the players available  .. , then in the Iceland warm up , resorted to 4-4-2 and got a good result ... ****** poor manager who was eventually exposed in the Euro's ....
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:39 pm

i think were going to see a lot of rotating this season, if owen does actually decide to stay. I think the rotating will be good though, we have 3 class strikers now and we will be able to give them all adequete rest to come out and be fi for the nest time we play. The only problem though is that when someones on form you dont want to res them because it could brea up there rythem.

I do think we should start our first match with cisse owen though, but my opinion may change over pre season.
columbia

Postby Jelly » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:04 pm

I would try Cissé - Baros. Owen looks old, on any other team he would be one of the youngest player on the squad but in Liverpool, and that's what i looove in Liverpool, we have talents.
Jelly

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:58 am

Guys, Baros is a good player, no doubt about that.

Tournaments like Euro or the World Cup usually is a platform for players of class to shine. They tend to get more time and space than in the hustle and bustle of the Premiership but they are facing classy defenders as well who can defend much better than in the Premiership and can read the game better to react to incoming threats. Sometimes they are heavily marked or with the ball coming to the forwards, more than one opponent read the ball and close down the player.

One has to have the speed also to get in a good scoring chances (unless your midfielders and other supporting players can give you excellent service which England didn't give Owen) and that is what is missing from Owen in the Euro this year.

The hustle and bustle of the Premiership is entirely a different proposition. Baros needs to be given an extended run in the Premiership to see if he is really ready to bang in goals on a regular basis like Owen, who managed to score plenty despite poor service at Liverpool and despite being injured for quite lengthy spells.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:00 am

Owen's better than the two of them blind folded.
115-1073096938

Postby BoogiePimp » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:24 am

I am completely undecided about this point but one thing I know is that owen should be concerned about his posistion.

A good problem for the manager :D
BoogiePimp

Postby big al » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:18 pm

Ficklebuggers strikes again
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:37 pm

Try 4-3-3 formation, what do you think of that?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:24 pm

Has it not occured to any of the people who think he's past it that having a new manager and new striker could bring out the best in him once again? Michael was drained under Houllier because of a lack of service and possibly having a strike partner who wasnt even played as a striker? I honestly believe that Cisse and Micheal could be a strike partnership to take the Prem by storm! Here's hoping he will proove all the doubters wrong next season!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:29 pm

would to like to see the boss play with the three up frount for the spurs game
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:30 pm

Owen maybe better than both Baros and Cisse but form is what counts, we play Owen too often when he's not playing well, we should play whoever is in the best form, end of.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:41 pm

TheHustler wrote:MIchael Owen is not GOD! And should not have a devine right to be in the team.

Who the F*ck are you ?
True, Owen is not "GOD" and never claimed to be (Fowler already claimed that title)
Are you seriously telling me that if you had to choose between one of them leaving LFC you would pick Owen ???.
Baros is a very very good player BUT compared to Owen he is still a novice.
Get your head out of your a*rse for once in your life.
It's people like you that make players such as Owen and Gerard wonder about staying with us.
If Owen got half the service that Baros received (euro 2004) no doubt you would be telling us all what a "fantastic player"
he is. Guess what sunshine, some of us already know that.
:p  :p  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby wiped » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:41 am

Well , I'd still sell Owen .... while we can.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:15 am

Unfortunately we might have to and Michaels Euro 2004 hasn't exactly enhanced his price tag. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion