Who is gonna join jamie? - Suggest a dc for liverpool!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bunnyman7 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:18 pm

:buttrock I think we want an Englishman backthere!! What about Mathew Upson or Ledley King? Both expensive but with great potential!
Bunnyman7

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:23 pm

Upson is mistake prone, he makes far too many silly mistakes for my liking. Sometimes has poor concentration and makes poor challenges.

Not good enough.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Feeney » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:06 am

I'd have Ledley King - and he would come cheap(ish) - he's nearing the end of his contract and is currently on about £8k a week - buttons compared to most England Internationals.

He's the only English defender i'd bother with at the min. :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:11 am

Feeney wrote:I'd have Ledley King - and he would come cheap(ish) - he's nearing the end of his contract and is currently on about £8k a week - buttons compared to most England Internationals.

He's the only English defender i'd bother with at the min. :)

yeah i agree, i like king, he`s tall and quick and decent enough on the deck to play in midfield. no other defender really stands out in the prem who`d you`d guess might have a reasonable chance of leaving their current club. spurs would move mo :censored:ains trying to keep him but he might fancy a change.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:35 am

i would prefer king over upson,if upson is not good enough for  arsene wenger he's not good enough for us
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:37 am

Feeney, are you sure Ledley King is only on 8k a week? For an international and a club captain, that's pathetic!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:54 am

i'd like king but after that then upson is a no no. Riggott at boro i'd like to see as i think he is quite good.
Personally i think rafa is looking abroad. But onthe home front what about ben haim at bolton.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:56 am

There was another post yesterday saying that there could be a deal doen with Spurs with Cisse going the other way.  That would do for me, but we would definayely need to go ang buy a quick forward to replace him.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Lionheart » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:27 pm

King for Cisse...yeah, I could live with that.

It won't happen though!!!  :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bunnyman7 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:36 pm

Boodiddy:i'd like king but after that then upson is a no no. Riggott at boro i'd like to see as i think he is quite good.
Personally i think rafa is looking abroad. But onthe home front what about ben haim at bolton.

Riggott might be proved a good move but Ben Haim I don't think he will ever be able to reach a higher level!
Bunnyman7

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:58 pm

azriahmad wrote:Feeney, are you sure Ledley King is only on 8k a week? For an international and a club captain, that's pathetic!

I think that would mean that hes looking for a new contract.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:59 pm

Bunnyman7 wrote: :buttrock I think we want an Englishman backthere!! What about Mathew Upson or Ledley King? Both expensive but with great potential!

I don't care what nationality he is as long as he can communicate with the back four and Reina.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:07 pm

be honest with you yes i would want king,but a cheaper alternative is kings team mate Anthony Gardner.I'm convinced Gardner with the experience of playing with Jamie and Sammi would be a good buy.The lad is 6ft 4 good in the air ,on the ground and i've followed his progress since his days at port vale when he was a school boy.Anthony Gardner has played for the England u21 team and was very close last season to a full international cap.I reckon a bid of around 3million would aquire his services.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:10 pm

I would prefer Kompany, hes very tall so would be a direct replacement for Hyypia and deal with the aerial bombardment somes teams give out in the premiership such as Bolton, Chelsea etc. He also has a lot of pace too. However, as welsh wizzard has said that we will be signing him, I think that rules him out now.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:31 pm

it being reported in the mirror today that rafa has put danish CB  daniel agger at the top of his transfer list,his club have decided to sell because he  has 18 months left on his contract and would be available for a fee of  around 5 million pounds
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion