Baros finishing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chrisily » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:41 am

I'm Chris, an English teacher from Sicily. So many Juve fans to teach "your out mate" to...
Chrisily

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:08 am

are u english and teaching in sicily or are you italian but teach english  ???
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:18 am

Statistics are misleading because in this case, they only consider shots at goal and how many of these encounters are converted into goals successfully.

Theiry Henry may only have 21.6% success rate but these statistics do not factor the runs he makes from non-feasible shooting positions because of circumstances such as impossible angles or back to goals etc. which subsequently became a scoring chance because of his skills and abilities. Also, Henry shoots and scored some goals from very acute angles because he is better at it than Baros.

Also the statistics should also count clear chances but no shot was made because the attacker either was dispossessed or dallied on the ball too long until he got intercepted. Baros has been guilty of losing possession more than Henry, for instance. If Baros scores 9 goals from 38 shots at goal (23.7%), but misses making another 38 possible shots due to being dispossessed or tackled due to him being over-elaborate or bad touch etc giving him only an 11.8% (9 goals from 76 chances), does it make him better than say a Henry who scores 22 from 102 shots (21.6%) but misses making another 20 shots, giving him 18% (22 from 122 chances)?

Baros statistacilly is better because he makes less shots from the chances available to him whereas Henry is able to make more shots from the chances available to him due to his superior skills and application.

I am a die-hard Liverpool fan and I am not dissing Baros unnecessarily. I am sorry, Baros is not better than Henry or more clinical and Baros has been guilty of not being able to take chances available to him or make telling assists simply because he plays with his head down too much of the time to be more aware of his surrounding. He has to improve on this to become trully top class.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:44 am

I think Baros has clearly shown that, despite his speed and athleticism, he is just not a killer striker.  I just wonder how many of the recent 1-on-1's, which Baros has missed, Owen, Fowler, Rush (the list is endless) would have scored?

You just never know when you'll need to convert that one chance you get in a match - we need a clinical finisher.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:49 am

hawkmoon269 wrote:I think Baros has clearly shown that, despite his speed and athleticism, he is just not a killer striker.  I just wonder how many of the recent 1-on-1's, which Baros has missed, Owen, Fowler, Rush (the list is endless) would have scored?

You just never know when you'll need to convert that one chance you get in a match - we need a clinical finisher.

Don't wanna be to harsh as the team achieved so much last night but I do agree with Hawkmoon , lately Baros does not seem to be taking to many of the chances that come his way.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:50 am

LFC #1 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Diouf played better on fifa 2005. Even as a sub.

change your avatar mate, i though it was woof woof!  :D

Yeah !  :angry:  Who the fu'ck is lando griffin and why has he nicked my avatar .   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:54 am

Agree. He's off form at the minute - but like any striker I think that'll improve. Normally one of Milan's strengths is that he can beat defenders when one on one. I thought it was testimony to the quality of the Juve defenders that he just couldn't get past them all night - just as well we didn't need to score!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:55 am

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Diouf played better on fifa 2005. Even as a sub.

change your avatar mate, i though it was woof woof!  :D

Yeah !  :angry:  Who the fu'ck is lando griffin and why has he nicked my avatar .   :kungfu:

I agree with that - I keep seeing that pic and thinking it Woof Woof that's posted!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:02 am

fivecups wrote:Agree. He's off form at the minute - but like any striker I think that'll improve. Normally one of Milan's strengths is that he can beat defenders when one on one. I thought it was testimony to the quality of the Juve defenders that he just couldn't get past them all night - just as well we didn't need to score!

I think he really tested the Juve defence (especially in the first leg) last night he did get a golden chance with only Buffon to beat ,ok he was under pressure from a Juve defender but he didn't even get the ball on target .
Still I'm in no mood to moan at any of our players today   :D
Maybe Baros just needs a goal to get him back on track.   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:04 am

I hope so, woof woof, as we need him in the CL unless Cisse can come in with a rush of good form by scoring goals a plenty.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:24 pm

Every player has a bad run of form but Baros has let the fans down this season and hasn't improved at all...in fact he has gone backwards. I dont like criticising individual players but he has an unbelievable record in internationals and looked world class in the summer....but then he comes back and looks half the player.
I wonder whether his attitude is right, whether he works hard enough at his weaknesess. People can knock Owen all they want but he knew his left foot was alot weaker and he has improved so much in that area. Baros's touch appears to have got worse...and his ability to link with the rest of the team is woeful. I would love him to prove me wrong because on his day defenders cant cope with his pace and power....but i think Benitez has seen enough and he will go.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:38 pm

I think he needs to get his confidence back
in front of goal them he will be fine just like
Real' Ronaldo even if it goes of his backside .
kopite

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion